This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 070705 - Fire: part 1

RymRym
edited July 2007 in Everything Else
Tonight on GeekNights: Fire. In the news, jingoist protectionism (protectionist jingoism?), and Godwin.
Scott's Thing - Moonwalk

Rym's Thing - Moonwalk

Comments

• You guys seriously did an episode on fire? You have just reaffirmed my love for this podcast.
  • Rym, you have BALLS OF STEEL.
  • Die in a fire...
  • I never knew an episode about fire would be so in-depth. You guys can do a show about anything.

And the things of the day about "moonwalking" were cool too.
  • edited July 2007
    I never knew an episode about fire would be so in-depth. You guys can do a show about anything.
    In depth? I actually thought the opposite. I thought it was much too shallow. But I guess that's why it's "Part 1".
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2007
    I heard about devils night. I think it happens around Halloween holiday in Detroit. I though that was really crazy that people would do that to their own city.
    Post edited by N15PCA on
  • Since I listened to this episode on Friday, I've heard Devil's Night mentioned four times in random places. The most recent was in Gross Pointe Blank, where Minnie Driver said her apartment burned down on DN. I've watched that film a dozen times and never realized it was there.

Rym: I know you don't have cable and don't regularly watch television, but considering your family history with firefighters, have you caught any of Rescue Me on FX? Besides having the awesome that is Dennis Leary in the lead, the show also features some of the slickest editing on TV.
  • I've added "SUPER set something on fire" to my list of things to do in the summer.
  • edited July 2007
    I wasn't going to say anything until I listened to the "Gaming Season" episode in which Scrym talked about mispronounced videogames, but this is how a gentleman pronounces "fresnel".
    Post edited by HungryJoe on