This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110602 - Gameshows

edited June 2011 in GeekNights

Tonight on GeekNights, we talk about Gameshows! In the news, one archaic industry documents the decline of another with the demise of the phone book, and Youtube now supports the Creative Commons license explicitly.

Download MP3

Comments

• I was hoping My Year With the Dragon would remain an FRCF in-joke forever. T_T
  • I was hoping My Year With the Dragon would remain an FRCF in-joke forever. T_T
    All must suffer.
  • I shall take my T-Shirt Size in XXXL please.

NSFW TMNT theme song
    All must suffer.
    I hate you.

This was an enjoyable and nostalgic episode, by the way.
  • edited June 2011
    I shall take my T-Shirt Size in XXXL please.

NSFW TMNT theme song
    You may be the hero of the Internets. While that does exactly match our description, it doesn't match my memory. The original was more horrific. Michelangelo was partying much harder. Then again, memory is fickle.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • You may be the hero of the Internets. While that does exactly match our description, it doesn't match my memory. The original was more horrific. Michelangelo was partying much harder. Then again, memory is fickle.
    I'll watch this when I get home. I remember in detail how Michelangelo partied, and I can say that I found several similarly tasteless videos that weren't the one.
  • I shall take my T-Shirt Size in XXXL please.

NSFW TMNT theme song
    You may be the hero of the Internets. While that does exactly match our description, it doesn't match my memory. The original was more horrific. Michelangelo was partying much harder. Then again, memory is fickle.
    This could be the case however that exact video came up when I time searched between 1999 and 2001 so I am fairly certain this would be the one given your guidelines, if not then google would have failed me.
  • We shall see.

• Scott's thing in case you can't be arsed to create a youtube account.
  • We shall see.
    It's not. I just watched it. Close, but not quite. Michaelangelo was indeed partying harder.
  • I FUCKING FOUND IT. WORSHIP MY SHIT.
    THAT'S IT.

I don't know if I should be happy, or if I have committed a great atrocity in bringing this to the light of day.
  • or if I have committed a great atrocity in bringing this to the light of day.
  • edited June 2011
    I have committed a great atrocity in bringing this to the light of day.
    Also:

The best part is this video is only offensive your logical brain, which isn't the part that it will get stuck in.

And more:

Seeeeeeeeeeepage.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited June 2011
    I don't know if I should be happy, or if I have committed a great atrocity in bringing this to the light of day.
    I don't know what's more fucked up. The feeling of relief at having found something I thought was lost, or the fact that my memory of Michelangelo's partying was accurate enough to verify that this is the correct flash animation.

Pete, consider your shit worshipped.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • or the fact that my memory of Michelangelo's partying was accurate enough to verify that this is the correct flash animation.
    Yeah, I kind of died inside when I came to that realization.
  • Congratulations Pete, you have bested me. However my Internet theory still stands anything, ANYTHING can be found on the Internet the only factor is the amount of time you take to find it.
  • No love for Supermarket Sweep? It had old women fighting over turkeys. What more could you ask for in a game show?
  • I FUCKING FOUND IT. WORSHIP MY SHIT.
    THAT'S IT.

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
    No love for Supermarket Sweep? It had old women fighting over turkeys. What more could you ask for in a game show?
    Don't forget the expensive fromages.
  • edited June 2011
    Post edited by Churba on
  • What the hell? How can there be two videos like this? Was it for some flash animation competition?
  • What the hell? How can there be two videos like this? Was it for some flash animation competition?
    There are probably more. The world is a horrible place.
  • I mean how can there be two that are so similar in concept, and so similar in execution? I'm really curious if they were done as a competition, or if two people independently had such a similar idea.
  • I mean how can there be two that are so similar in concept, and so similar in execution? I'm really curious if they were done as a competition, or if two people independently had such a similar idea.
    Or maybe one copying the other?
  • I thought you guys were referring to another TMNT fan made cartoon that's called TMNT Tijuana bibles. If you google it. It will be the first link. It is NSFW and it will probably mentally scar you after watching it to. Enjoy...
  • The internet has defeated us yet again. The flash movie you found is an abomination- and yet it's funny.

All I found was this It's hetero, but no less unsettling.
  • That's the one...
  • I was kind of hoping to hear Geeknights review their book club book.
  • edited June 2011
    As for Gameshows filled with performers looking to entertain the audience, they already have those. Good News Week, Spicks and Specks, Rockwiz, Never mind the Buzzcocks, Mock the week, Have I got news for you, QI, etc, etc.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • This thread is... Just why I listen. LMFA.