This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

When did GeekNights cut down from four weekly episodes?

edited January 2012 in GeekNights
I have recently come back to GeekNights after my Ipod broke, I lost everything on it and with life getting very busy I honestly forgot about the show, I remembered about how great it was listening to Rym and Scott a few weeks ago and things have changed! So I was just wondering when they cut down the number of episodes they do per week?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Wasn't that a year ago, if not more? Though, recently, they've been going to a lot of cons, which have 'forced' them to skip a couple of episodes here or there. If you're talking about that, it won't take that long for them to return to their usual schedule
  • edited January 2012
    Well over a year. I believe it was in 2008, but it was announced during an episode, which is difficult to search without transcripts.

Source: My user ID is 17.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Wasn't the title of one episode or in relationship to it? I forget.
  • edited January 2012
    Well over a year. I believe it was in 2008, but it was announced during an episode, which is difficult to search without transcripts.

Source: My user ID is 17.
    Looking into it user id 4 was wasted on Kmac
    EDIT: Rym is user ID 5.

Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • It's mentioned in this thread, but I think they actually started the schedule a few months before this and made it permanent in this (or the next) episode:

http://forum.frontrowcrew.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5168/geeknights-080819-north-and-south/p1
  • edited January 2012
    Ahh, the good ol days of four nights a week Geeknights.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I think it's fine now. They are creating other content via YouTube and panels at conventions vs just podcasts. It's Geeknights evolved.
  • I think it's fine now. They are creating other content via YouTube and panels at conventions vs just podcasts. It's Geeknights evolved.
    TerribleGeeknightsPokemonEvolving.gif
  • edited January 2012
    Ahh, the good ol days of four nights a week Geeknights.
    Wow. I almost completely forgot that they even did that!

Also, boo. I'm ID 253. My power levels are so weak.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Really I think it's good that they use the extra time to work on video projects and lectures. Give Rym a little more time and he'll be a pretty competent editor. Also, remember, they don't live together anymore. It's been more than 2 years since the switch. That was back in Beacon, and they did it because they were getting really worn out. Four shows a week is a ludicrous number for something you do after work. We have to cook dinner and do our laundry and stuff, too.
  • I wonder if they reached the 1000th episode yet.
  • How does one find user ID? It's not on the profile page...
    It's in the URL for your profile page. You are 399.

• Who is the new number 2?
  • 440?! I'm so low in the tower of command. :P
    "New" number 2? I've been number 2 forever.

"New" number 2? I've been number 2 forever.

It's in the URL for your profile page. You are 399.
    Ahhh. It's not there if you use the link in the header, but is if you click the username in a thread.
  • I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN
  • I am THX 1138.
  • I am proudly number 86.
  • I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN
    At least you have a nice and round number Mr. 150.

It's BIG and ROUND.
  • I wonder if they reached the 1000th episode yet.
    No, they just hit 800.
  • I am 1327. I am a Prime.
  • I am 1300. I have TWO zeros.
  • And this is why we don't display post counts or anything like that.
    I bet you guys used mechanism design and "games make the community" type technology.
  • Aaaahhhhh! I'm 1246, approaching 9000!!!!!

In relation to the last post, I've got over 9000.