This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Merry Christmas

edited December 2006 in Everything Else
Well, I just wanted to say to everyone that celebrates this holiday. I hope you guys have nice time with your loved ones, and Happy Christmas :D

Comments

• Happy Christmas to you as well.
  • Yes, Happy Christmas, even though I don't like it. I got a lava lamp!
  • Happy Christmas indeed. I got a sweatshirt with a knight who says "Ni" on it!
  • Happy Christmas indeed. I got a sweatshirt with a knight who says "Ni" on it!
    FTW. My parents haven't woke up yet. This sucks...
  • Happy Christmas! I hope every one ha a good time with their family and friends.
  • edited December 2006
    Happy Christmas! I hope every one ha a good time with their family and friends.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Merry/Happy Xmas! Wiiiiiiiii!
  • I call for a Christmas inventory! List only the important items.

Wii + Metal Slug + Zelda
    White iPod 30gb
    $120
    (Spent so far 30 on a ninja remote and AYB tee.)

NO, it's not materialistic. Spread teh luff!
  • Merry Christmas everyone, even if you just have a nice rest of the night because you don't celebrate
  • Hey, I'll celebrate anything that gets me free shit. Merry Giftmas!
  • SWAG:

Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror expansion (now I have them all!!!)
    DS (old style, my daughter got the DS Lite so I get her old DS)
    Pokemon Ranger for DS (a better game than I thought)
    $75 gift card to Circuit City (I would have preferred cash)
    My Name is Earl Season One DVD

I also got the cash to order a cracked laptop screen off of eBay because the back light on mine is bad but the one I'm buying is cracked but the back light is fine. I really only needed the ribbon cable for the back light/panel but the cable costs $85 by itself and I got the cracked screen with back light and cable for $30 with shipping included!!!

I had to replace the keyboard a few months back on this laptop and got a "slightly used" one off of eBay for under $20!

I think there may be big moneys being made on eBay by piecing out old laptops.

• I think there may be big moneys being made on eBay by piecing out old laptops.
    There just might be. Yesterday a friend asked me to look at their busted laptop. Only needed a new fan. A new fan that would fit in that old laptop is not easy to come by or install. Someone selling one on eBay can get a high price because they are competing with the price of a new laptop while only selling an insignificant part.
  • SWAG:
    Oooh, you'll have to report back on how that one plays. I've been thinking of buying the expansion for some time now.
  • SWAG:
    Oooh, you'll have to report back on how that one plays. I've been thinking of buying the expansion for some time now.
    It adds several bits of awesome

1) When you reach 0 Stamina you get an injury card.
    2) When you reach 0 Sanity you get an insanity card.

Injury cards are things such as "Broken Hand - you have one less hand to use, if you get this injury again you are devoured!"

There is a plethora of new cards for Arkham locations.

New elder gods and investigators.

You can download the rules in PDF from Fantasy Flight's website.

There are also "mission" cards where you have to do a few things for some benefit. A good example would be "Historical studies - go to Historical Society, Library and Science Building THEN collect 5 clues." My favorite is "Join the Winning Team" where you have to sacrifice a few ally cards and then you win the game!
  • My favorite is "Join the Winning Team" where you have to sacrifice a few ally cards and then you win the game!
    Ah! The good old Scott plan. Never fails.
  • Thanks, Steve. I may have to make a purchase soon. The fact that losing all your sanity/health actually has an ongoing cost is exactly what needed to be changed about the game. Early in the game it's too convenient to get killed in order to get an (almost) free trip across town, saving a couple of lost turns of travel.
    My favorite is "Join the Winning Team" where you have to sacrifice a few ally cards and then you win the game!
    Ah! The good old Scott plan. Never fails.
    Hmm, I wonder what the Rym and Scott ally cards would do...
  • Rym - +1 Lore. Draw one unique item from the unique item deck
    Scott - +1 Speed. When making a Lore Check you need 6's to succeed.
  • Not quite Christmas here yet, but I wanted a place to post this:

Merry Christmas! :D
  • Merry Christmas! In a while we're going to make a big breakfast and go to my family's place later. Now if Jed can wake up soon.

I was pretty bah humbug about this Christmas until yesterday. I got a small tree and put cake decor on it to give it a sweet lolita look.

Swag:
    A mug that says LOL on it.

Everything else is still in transport. I can't wait to get my SDF Macross DVD's!
  • Merry Christmas! Got a new Lego set (Technics set come with linear actuators now...*drool*), a bunch of books, and a handsome pea coat, and Dragon Age. It's a good year.
  • Happy Christmas to everyone on the forums. I got a pretty huge gift. I got an iPhone 3GS which is pretty frickin amazing considering I had one of those shit pre-paid phones before!
  • Merry Christmas Fora! ^_^
  • edited December 2009
    With a new baby being placed in the room through the wall from mine, I got a pair of Sennheiser RS-120s which are probably the best sounding headphones I've had with the addition of being wireless, so I can use them to pretty much replace my speakers.
    My sister got me a copy of the original BBC Hitch-hiker's Guide which I'm watching now. She also got me a super powerful LED wind-up torch keyring which I might use as my main keyring but I'm a bit sketchy about whether the switch will hold up.

Merry Crimbo everyone.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited December 2009
    This year I got:
    A large mug filled with packets of hot cocoa.
    Two hats: 1 black and white fedora, one black drivers cap.
    $30
    a copy of quicken home and business (yay!)
    A full metal alchemist pocket watch
    a dart board
    A towel (from grams)
    Guitar Hero DS
    A copy of Pocket Ref.

Also, my dad made a pretty awesome christmas card for me. It has anime in it, and I'll scan it up and post it for yall to see.
    Twas a good christmas.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Merry Christmas.

Swag:
    A Droid
    Vol. 5-7 of Phoenix
    Slippers
    $150
  • A Droid
    Vol. 5-7 of Phoenix
    That's pretty awesome.
  • Lemme see:

-Grados SR80i headphones
    -New keyboard (as in keyboard piano, not computer keyboard)
    -Watchmen 5 disc edition
    -Dragon Age
    -New Jimi wallet

Very satisfied.
  • -Salmiakki
    -Duct Tape
    -New Suoer Mario Bros. Wii

Perfect!