This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Desktop Screenshots Redux

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Here it is:
    I use a app called ObjectDock to create docks with icons, like in OSX

Yeah, azumanga daioh, it's awesome.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • That's a powerful image! It's so beautiful!
  • May I ask how you changed the icons on the dock and where you got them from?
    Deviant Art. Forgot the name of the icon pack. Buuf or something?

Yup,Buuf.
    No it isn't. It's a combination of the three "GACK" packs (GANT formatted as Mac Icon files - 1 2 3)
    Changing the icons is easy. Just right-click (or ctrl-click) the icon you want to use, then click "Show Information", click on the icon on the top left, press Command+C, do the same thing for the app you want to change the icon for and do the same, except you press Command+V. This works for files, folders and programs.

For the Finder and the trash, I used LiteIcon
  • No it isn't. It's a combination of the three "GACK" packs
    Same dude, same art style used in both packs. Ah well, nice icons nonetheless.
  • @mattytehhaxor

Yay for Azumanga Daioh Desktops! You've inspired me to bring back and oldy but goody wallpaper:

• That used to be mine at work.
  • This is my current background image.

31488ashark.jpg
  • @Islandergirlro, that's cute. I still have to watch Azumanga Daioh. Good sane friend says it's a funny anime... as long as you stay the hell away from the idiot fanboys.

And motivational poster as background = win, but often hard since the resolution isn't 1280 x 1024.
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I usually have some anime up or pictures of singers but I especially like this stoic picture so I've kept it for a few months.
  • My Desktop(s)

My second monitor (CRT) is on the left. It's an odd configuration, but I like it. I'm using Windows XP right now.
  • My second monitor (CRT) is on the left. It's an odd configuration, but I like it. I'm using Windows XP right now.
    Care to explain church of halo.txt?
  • Here's a screenshot of my laptop running REAPER audio production software and interfacing with my Receptor. It all runs quite well, thanks to Wine.
  • Even though people are in the craze for SSMB: Brawl, I'm getting pumped for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicle Ring of Fates. With that, after searching the internets for various images and some photoshop workings, my current desktop:

• edited March 2008
    Running Ubuntu 7.10, Compiz (although it's hard to see), Conky (the text and monitoring stuff).
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ooh Yotsuba, nice. BTW, how is the manga? I know it's from the same creators of Azumanga Diaoh. I've been meaning to pick it up, but I don't know if I should. Is it any good, other than being a cute girl with green hair?

Created by Jain7th. Wallpapered by me.
  • edited March 2008
    Ooh Yotsuba, nice. BTW, how is the manga? I know it's from the same creators of Azumanga Diaoh. I've been meaning to pick it up, but I don't know if I should. Is it any good, other than being a cute girl with green hair?
    Just do it. I won't bother explaining as you'll like it anyway.

Also, Viga, you need to get some styling in there darling, but seriously, If you just make the bars at top and bottom translucent and get a nice icon and mouse theme you could make your desktop look a lot nicer.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I didn't like Avant-window-navigator at first but I've grown to like it quite a bit. I love conky and constantly change my settings. I try to keep things minimalist though.
    screenshot
    The terminal is an SSH session for my MythTV box and it's MOTD.
  • I usually have an Anime Wallpaper up. Cowboy Bebop has the longest/current reign.
  • Lots of Linuxes, very nice.
  • edited March 2008
    Just cus you're using Windows doesn't mean you can't use a cool shell:
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The shell is BBLean, a Blackbox for Windows. Uses up alot less RAM than Explorer.exe
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Just cus you're using Windows doesn't mean you can't use a cool shell:
    I've heard of people doing stuff like that. Supposedly you will be able to do it with KDE soon.
  • edited March 2008

It's a bit messy at the moment, but whatever. Yes, that's Adium on the left.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • Just cus you're using Windows doesn't mean you can't use a cool shell:
    I've heard of people doing stuff like that. Supposedly you will be able to do it with KDE soon.
    Yeah. KDE 4.1 (which is coming out in July or June) is going to have Windows builds supported by KDE themselves.
  • @Prof. Pangloss
    You could use Quicksilver for launching your apps and just have the dock for running applications.

• edited March 2008
    @Prof. Pangloss
    You could use Quicksilver for launching your apps and just have the dock for running applications.
    I was actually referring to the icon clutter on the desktop, but I'll take a look at that. Thanks!
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • The shell is BBLean, a Blackbox for Windows. Uses up alot less RAM than Explorer.exe
    Thanks for that. I just installed, looks/feels quite awesome.