This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

CTRL+V

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • mir·ror (mrr)
    n.
    1. A surface capable of reflecting sufficient undiffused light to form an image of an object placed in front of it. Also called looking glass.
    2. Something that faithfully reflects or gives a true picture of something else.
    3. Something worthy of imitation.
  • I just snorted hot tea after looking at that image. I blame you for the first degree nasal burns.
  • video
    You deserve a slap for posting that video
  • Dear HR Representative,

Good day! My name is Nelson Pecora, and I recently found your job posting online. I am a highly skilled technical support engineer, and I'm always expanding my knowledge and gaining valuable skills. I'm looking for a part-time job because I'm paying my way through RIT.

As you can see from my resume, I am currently the lead technical support engineer for a teleconferencing startup. My duties include managing the support infrastructure, creating documentation and workflows, and administrating customer-facing support websites. I multitask extremely well, and am a fast learner.

Besides my awesome geekiness in the technical sphere, I am also an avid photographer and amateur chef. I'm literate and learned, and can solve problems efficiently. My focus has been in customer service, in all levels from Tier 1 to Management.

I believe I will be an asset to your organization. I'm sharp, I'm experienced, and I learn quickly. If you're interested, please feel free to email me anytime, or call me at [HOLY SHIT IT'S MY PHONE NUMBER!] (202) 905-2592. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    Nelson Pecora
  • Was
    [HOLY SHIT IT'S MY PHONE NUMBER!]
    originally there?
  • What if someone broke out of a hypothetical situation in your room right now?
  • You know. I had the urge to call said number...then backed out.
  • You know. I had the urge to call said number...then backed out.
    Pansy.
  • Well, not because I'm scared or anything, but some people have to take care of their minutes, same thought process I went through when thinking about texting something silly.
  • Selfish? I'm not talking about my minutes nor messages, for I have unlimited of both.
  • I just snorted hot tea after looking at that image. I blame you for the first degree nasal burns.
    I can live with that.
  • - Blake

Issue one: bugs and glitches and stuff this is not very good blake. you have to redo this - Mr Crouch 10/11/2009 09:04 Fuck -Alex 11/10/09 9:06 AM
    Just a quick mention
    Bugs and glitches can cause accidents Blake I want your babbies -Alex Bilbert 11/10/09 9:08 AM

At what point can you prove that AI is better than humans at making decisions?

Take each stage and analyse:

Current day
    We have computers that control the lights for the roads, but on thursday the central computer in america broke
    These people have to suffer long waiting times
    The engineers said it works at one side, but not the other side of the tube
    Relying on technology has caused this disruption as the lights are not properly calibrated when not centrally controlled

Cars aided by AI: Can it help the driver, or hurt?
    Cars with sensors on the back and front
    These sensors cannot detect all roadblocks and obstacles
    Already a case of over-reliance
    Can a car effectively analyse the road and situations at hand?
    Can it register a car incoming at a rapid speed and notify the driver in a manner that is more efficient than the human eye?
    How will cameras and sensors and electronic beeps help drivers?
    There is technology that applies the brakes of cars to stop accidents
    If a person becomes over-reliant on this system and it fails, this could cause a very serious injury.

Computer driven cars and swarming: Giving up total control to the computer
    This is the biggest issue.
    Can you trust a computer to make the right judgments while directing extremely heavy metallic objects at high speed?
    While going at high speeds, this may very well be over-relying on something which can cause death.
    There are 260,000 children deaths a year, 10 million are injured) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7776127.stm
    Can a computer controlled car factor in all the different elements that must be considered? \
    Can we effectively prove that this system is better than a human controlled one?
  • 1ZR692V46851287949
  • Heroes of Newerth
  • CrossOver Games
  • stomach pain after eating
  • スピーコエスパーコ
  • edited November 2009
    for(int i=0; i<descriptors1.size(); i++)
    for(int j=0; j<descriptors2.size(); j++)
    if(SSD(descriptors1[i],descriptors2[j]) > threshold)
    {
    matches1.push_back(j);
    matches2.push_back(i);
    }
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • LeGOUT
    Au Ju Mix 16/4 oz.
  • edited November 2009
    primary
    Post edited by George Patches on
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! HOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOTHOT!