This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• And made me laugh too. It's so true!
  • I think I saw this the first time about 4 years ago with Money equaling the root of all evil. Still pretty funny.

Now figure this one out:
    a = b
    2a = a+b
    2a-2b = a-b
    2(a-b) = a-b
    2(a-b) / (a-b) = a-b / (a-b)
    2 = 1
  • edited December 2007
    2(a-b) / (a-b) = a-b / (a-b)
    2(a-b)/(a-b) != 2
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Hmm, as a woman, and a geek, I have to agree with the math. But of course it can go both ways. ;)

This one doesn't even need a proof to be true, we all just know it.

No Study = Fail
    Study = No Fail
    No Study + Study = Fail + No Fail
    (No + 1) Study = (No + 1) Fail
    --> Study = Fail !!!
  • edited December 2007

No Study = Fail
    Study = No Fail
    No Study + Study = Fail + No Fail
    (No + 1)Study =(No + 1)Fail
    --> Study = Fail !!!
    The problem with this one is that the only way No*Study = Fail is if No represents 1 or -1 in which case you proved the statement in the first line. Otherwise you would have Study = Fail/No
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • You are just mad that you know its true, and I beat you to it. Besides, if 2 = 1 in our hypothetical math world, why cant No = 1? Silly.
  • edited December 2007
    The second to last picture in this thread is my thing of the day! Plus it's customizable once I could think of something witty.
    Post edited by Viga on
    edited December 2007
    HOLY DOUBLE-U TEE EF! This guy is amazing! Sadly I couldn't, like the real song, make out the lyrics when sung properly.

SCRAP THAT! Well no, don't scrap it, still awesome. Next one is hilarious. I still burst out in laughter when I think too much about it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • So I stumbled across this website devoted to Eastern Bloc themed airsoft teams. I thought that was pretty cool.

• Otaku cult ritual. All in good fun though.
  • I'm horrified.
  • They're joking. It's not real, Airpi. Anyone who does it for real needs help in the most serious way.
  • edited December 2007
    The speakers on my DS broke, 'tis a sad day indeed.
    In other news, I learned that foam is a great sound insulator for noisy hard drive, while, on a sadder note, I learned it is also an excellent heat insulator.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The speakers on my DS broke, 'tis a sad day indeed.
    In other news, I learned that foam is a great sound insulator for noisy hard drive, while, on a sadder note, I learned it is also an excellent heat insulator.
    You did not o.o... Please tell me you did not...
  • edited December 2007
    Recently I took my first picture of windows crashing in an amusing place:

Also, Nineless is going to have to stay disappointed.
  • Far out! Now we all can be rock stars! Now I shall wait for a video of someone playing one of these, jumping of the racks and smashing the guitar, before grabbing the next one and continuing.
  • Bookmarks, awesome stuff.

So, my things of the day, today. Shoe lacing! I use the Double Helix in my normal shoes, it's awesome, and the fashion straight in my decent shoes. I have not been bored enough yet to practice the 'Ian' knot more though.
  • edited January 2008
    I was coming home from the park and there was a boy and his father but instead of teaching the kid conventional sports he was teaching him golf. It may not sound terribly exciting but it was something to do with how serious the father was being that made it so good to see.
  • jccjcc
    edited January 2008
    Live Action Guitar Hero? :)

Post edited by jcc on
  • ...thats just a guy playing a guitar...

@Omnutia, that reminds me of this time I saw an old man and a punk kid playing cribbage in a coffee shop. When I came by later the kid had beaten the man, and I was all "Truly the student has surpassed the master."

But anyway, MGS, CQC, MGS, CQC

...its okay, I wtf'd too.
  • MGS, CQC, MGS, CQC
    Metal Gear Solid and what does CQC mean? And where do I know that song from? Isn't it from one of the Haruhi Character CD's? Weird indeed...
  • edited January 2008
    *edit* Totally put this in the wrong bloody thread. Had too many tabs. ... Er. Ignore this?
    Post edited by kage_rod on
  • *edit* Totally put this in the wrong bloody thread. Had too many tabs. ... Er. Ignore this?
    Or post a thing of your day.

I'll add Cursor*10. I got it after 2 tries. Third time's charm~ 146 points.
  • edited January 2008
    It is win, I am unsure how much but it is win. I'm trying to find it without the words.
    I also learned why "Night Arrows!" is so funny.
  • Bill Cosby in Portal.
    That is truly amazing.