This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Least favorite computer/video game enemies

edited April 2008 in Video Games
Post your worst computer or video game enemies. I would have included pictures but I cant find any; Mine being:
Wallmasters - Zelda OoT & Lttp: Scary as they are annoying. Freaked me out as a kid and you go back to the start of the dungeon when one gets you.
Blue mist - Silent bomber: Flying robots that shoot homing orbs that chase you, these orbs also have to be destroyed with more bombs than most enemies and the blue mists can use their rockets, lasers and charge attacks while the orbs are following you.

Comments

• The football players in Super Mario World.
    Goomba, Koopa, blooper...and a football player? What the fuck?

Yeah, for one, it's just waaaaaay out of place...and secondly, they're all kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.

I have a bunch more, but I probably won't be able to think of them until other people post about them.
  • Floormasters are worse than wallmasters.
  • edited April 2008
    Floormasters are worse than wallmasters.
    They had the splitting thing but at least they didn't put you on edge all the time. Could you tell me what you didn't like about them?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • They put me on edge all the time.
  • There were some weird doll enemies in Xenosaga that I attacked full on for half an hour and couldn't kill. It turns out that the only way to kill them was by healing them . . . >_>

Bowser and DK from Mario Kart DS also pissed me off big time.

Oh, and the Prinnies from Disgaea took forever to finish their attacks. It doesn't help that I was fighting thirty of them.

PS: Wallmasters were cake to kill as long as you watched for their shadow and heard the telltale sound effect. On the other hand, you could see a floormaster coming and it'd still kick your ass.
  • Floormasters are worse than wallmasters.
    Invisible Floormasters > regular floormasters. Just try to find that bloody third split off mini hand when your magic meter is about to run out. GAH! *stabs*
  • Artificial Chaos from Sonic Adventure 2. They'd reach with their arms from miles away to attack you.
  • edited April 2008
    I think the shock when the first wallmaster gets you and then the paranoia before you read what Navi says when you walk into the room the next time stays with me until this day. If someone tells you what a wallmaster is and does before the first one gets you, it isn't so scary.
    Also, the bat guys from ICO - sort of the same problem as wall masters as you don't always know where and when one is going to attack. Eventualy I worked out that a jump/down hack can knock Princess Useless from them in mid air.
  • Re-deads. Not only were they scary, but they humped you to death.
    Magic Pots and Tonberrys from Final Fantasy, both have insane HP and instant kill attacks.
  • The spiky guys in kirby are pretty annoying. Pretty much anything that:
    1) Is invincible
    2) Regenerates or comes back to life
    3) Jumps around a lot or follows you

is annoying, frustrating, and not fun at all. I know there's some that I'm forgetting, but I can't think of anything.
  • edited April 2008
    Oh, how could I forget my most hated enemy of all?

Lakitu. Fuck Lakitu.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's weird. I have memories of there being plenty of annoying bad guys in plenty of games. However, I have a really hard time coming up with specific examples.

I can tell you that as a kid Like-Likes were super bad, but nowadays I pwn them.

Also, Zelda 2 had a zillion annoying baddies. The axe throwing guy guarding the hammer was really bad. Also the jumpy guys in the final dungeon. Oh, the eyeballs, yeah...

I just played Half-Life: Opposing force, and the ninjas were super annoying.
  • Gil from Street Fighter 3. His super move let him regenerate his entire health, and he would wait until you just finished off his bar before he used it. It was so aggravating.
  • I just played Half-Life: Opposing force, and the ninjas were super annoying.
    Oh yeah, those damned ninjas. They always jump away just as I want to pull the trigger. GAH! At one point I said fuck it, and just stormed them one by one emptying a clip in each.
    Lakitu.FuckLakitu.
    Grrrrrr, I'm amazed he didn't throw a single red hedgehog in Mario 64. I mean, that would make it so much harder if he started throwing those during one of the Bowser fights.
    Like-Likes were super bad, but nowadays I pwn them.
    Like-Likes = <3. Link without a shield and the red Goron tunic looks awesome.
  • edited April 2008
    Poisoned headcrabs from HL2. They were always in small enclosed spaces and the poison attack took your health down to 1 before you regenerated.
    Like-likes were more weird than scary, annoying as hell though.
    All enemies in Zelda 3 have the problem that if they hit you they overlap you and follow you around doing massive damage until you can run away and turn around to attack them, especially the zombies when you don't have enough magic to use the fire rod.
  • Poison gas lasers. What the fuck.
  • Cliff Racers ... they always seem to pop up when you're in the middle of no where and just need a night a sleep
  • I just played Half-Life: Opposing force, and the ninjas were super annoying.
    Oh yeah, those damned ninjas. They always jump away just as I want to pull the trigger. GAH! At one point I said fuck it, and just stormed them one by one emptying a clip in each.
    Are these the same ninjas in the HL1 game? They come 3 at a time. Use the revolver, couch behind a corner, point at the right height. They show up, bang, killed in one shot. It took me a few goes to get the hang of it, but they were far less annoying than the mites.
  • Are these the same ninjas in the HL1 game? They come 3 at a time. Use the revolver, couch behind a corner, point at the right height. They show up, bang, killed in one shot. It took me a few goes to get the hang of it, but they were far less annoying than the mites.
    I ran past spamming and took the health hit, but made it through.
  • I had a serious problem with Striders in Half-Life 2, but they're not the worst enemies I've ever encountered.
    The fucking chainsaw guys, Wolverine-claw dudes, and regenerating zombies from Resident Evil 4 were honestly scary.

One day I will win. One day...
  • Cliff Racers
    FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
  • Fuck anything that flies. Or with an erratic movement pattern.
  • Headcrabs are pure evil.
  • Freaking Territorial Oaks in Earthbound...You fight, you fight, you get hurt, they die, then they explode! and you get hurt more. Not a fun time.
  • There's a way to avoid oaksplosions. I forget what it is, though.
  • Headcrabs are pure evil.
    Neurotoxin headcrabs. Fuck you, Valve.
  • edited August 2010
    Spelunky Ghost. FUCK YOU, SPELUNKY GHOST. I hope your spirit finally is able to move on. I hope you move on straight to hell, where Satan dresses like a spelunker and explores your cave with a fucking nailgun.

To those of you who would say, "Man, that's pretty intense," you have obviously never played Spelunky.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited August 2010
    To those of you who would say, "Man, that's pretty intense," you have obviously never played Spelunky.
    You're obviously just too slow in Spelunky.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited August 2010
    You're obviously just too slow in Spelunky.
    But I gotta get all dat phat lewt!

Also: Oven Dude in RE4. Fuck that dude with a jackhammer.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on