This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Least favorite computer/video game enemies

Comments

• edited August 2010
    But I gotta get all dat phat lewt!
    You can, just never stop sprinting. :P

Strike that emoticon. I actually don't stop sprinting when I play Spelunky, now I think about it.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Freaking Territorial Oaks
    in
    inEarthbound...You fight, you fight, you get hurt, they die, then they explode! and you get hurt more. Not a fun time.
    Starman Super. I want that sword. Fuck...you
  • The first miniboss from Persona 4. Some chariot asshole who comes up and basically goes "Hey Jordan it's 12:30 in the morning and you have work tomorow" then proceeds to oneshot my entire party. Then I realized how much I truly had to grind to beat any boss in Persona.
  • Then I realized how much I truly had to grind to beat any boss in Persona.
    Ima disagree with you there. The only bosses I had to grind at all for were the optional bosses.
  • Then I realized how much I truly had to grind to beat any boss in Persona pretty much any JRPG.
    adjusted to fit 99% of the JRPGs out there. :D
  • Bloodsuckers, and Psydogs, from the STALKER games, and the poison head-crabs from HL2 are probably the only enemies in games that I actively and passionately dislike.
  • The standing chaos from Sonic Adventure 2. I really hated those bastards.
  • Serious answer: Neoshadows in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
    Joke answer: The battle system in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
  • The fucking Houdini splicer's in Bio Shock 2.
  • Joke answer: The battle system in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories.
    Fuck you! Only good card system in any game ever.
    Lost Kingdoms called. It says that's bullshit.
    Best piece of poop in the toilet is a dubious award.

Seriously, fuck CoM. Fuck Re:CoM. Only good portable KH? 358/2. At least until Birth by Sleep comes out.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    Sail...why in the world would you root for both a battle system that is both flawed in concept and execution? Kingdom Hearts never needed a card system! It was fine with the one present in the first game.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2010
    Sail...why in the world would you root for both a battle system that is both flawed in concept and execution? Kingdom Hearts neverneededa card system! It was fine with the one present in the first game, why change it?
    Concept and execution? Did you even play it? And do you really think a system like the one in the main cannon of games would translate well to a GBA?

What made the system so brilliant to me was the fact that, after I learned it, it no longer felt or played like a card system. Flipping through cards became such an unconscious and natural process.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Every single thing from Ecco the Dolphin hates you, your family, your unborn children, and your dog.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    Sail...why in the world would you root for both a battle system that is both flawed in concept and execution? Kingdom Hearts neverneededa card system! It was fine with the one present in the first game, why change it?
    Conceptandexecution? Did you even play it? And do you really think a system like the one in the main cannon of games would translate well to a GBA?

What made the system so brilliant to me was the fact that, after I learned it, it no longer felt or played like a card system. Flipping through cards became such an unconscious and natural process.
    As a matter of a fact, I both have played and own the game. The system was really meta for me because it kept taking me out of the game as opposed to an immersible experience like which the first game provides. I kept realizing that I was consciously choosing cards as opposed to me intuitively choosing my next move in the context of the game. Another bone I have to pick with the system was that I found it to be rather unwieldy which as a result, made it both much more complex and challenging for all the wrong reasons.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • If they couldn't make a good game on the GBA, then they should've have made the game on the GBA. The card system was clunky at best, painful at worst. I get (kinda) that they felt the need to bridge KH and KHII, but I just feel that of all the games, CoM is the weakest gameplay. I found it painful to do much of anything beyond a basic button-mash or L+R triple-combo. Honestly, a straight-up sidescrolling RPG beat-em-up system for the battles would have felt better than the card system.
  • Sorry, I liked it.
  • Sorry, I liked it.
    I'm not trying to badger you or anything, but do you only have reason for liking or is there another? I get the feeling there is more to it than what you have provided for us.
  • Does Kingdom Hearts count as an enemy?
  • edited September 2010
    I'm not trying to badger you or anything, but do you only have reason for liking or is there another? I get the feeling there is more to it than what you have provided for us.
    No? I had a tons of fun with the game. I beat it twice. I liked the system and I didn't have problems with it. I have nothing more to argue because we fundamentally disagree.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm going to have to go with Sail on this one, I greatly enjoyed Chain of Memories and it's card-based battle system.
  • Anything from acrobat mission and everyone else in CS
  • edited September 2010
    The cops in Mirror's edge. It's a parkour game, that actively encourages you to avoid combat, most of the time, and makes it clear that in combat, you're pretty screwed if you're up against more than one guy, and you don't catch him by surprise. Then for no reason, pretty much forces you into combat for a few levels, for hardly any real reason, with near no ability to avoid it.

Edit - Further, the game makes you purposely shit at combat, unless you have the element of surprise. You'll have goddamn dreams about that loading screen.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Seth in SSFIV on Hardest mode.
  • Those flying Medusa heads in Castelvania.
  • edited September 2010
    Those flying Medusa heads in Castelvania.
    Those things are the bane of my existence, especially the ones that turn you to stone.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Those flying Medusa heads in Castelvania.
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! God damned monster spam in my castle, ABOVE FUCKING SPIKES.

And another vote for the neurotoxin headcrabs in Half-Life, a half vote for fast headcrab zombies. I loathe and love Ravenholm. Second playthrough, get shotgun, try to outsmart the fast headcrab zombies by closing the door. Scream like a fucking girl when suddenly "CRASH" fuckers jumping down the window. I forever hide, crouched, in corners now. 1 clip, 1 zombie.
  • edited September 2010
    a half vote for fast headcrab zombies
    Fuck those fucking fuckers.

Antlions were a pain in my ass, too. Fuck those things even harder.

However, Ecco still reigns supreme in terms of pain-in-the-ass enemies.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on