This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• If I can get tickets, I am definitely going to see the recently reformed Rage Against the Machine at either the Reading or Leeds Festival 2008!
  • So, maybe I will be able to go to PLAY! on Baltimore. Since it is cheap enough :D
  • Ugh, probably some shitty local hardcore shows and Warped Tour over the summer. Sucks not having any friends with really similar tastes to you. In the fall, though, I'll be living it up in New York City (going to NYU for school). I got a copy of The Onion while I was there and had an indiegasm when I saw the "upcoming shows" part of the AV club section.
    You want shitty local hardcore? Come to Albany. I think there's one good metal band in the entire city; the rest is hardcore crap trying to ride on the coattails of Skinless.

Also, totally got my ticket for Dream Theater and Opeth. Can't friggin' wait for that show.
  • Styx is going to appear at the Kansas State Fair this September. I'm kind of looking forward to that, since it's rare for there to be a concert I actually want to go to show up near my hometown.
  • June 6th at the Red and Black I'm going to see RPG and Assrockers.
  • edited May 2008
    Dream Theater and Opeth, may 30.
    In case there was any doubt in anyone's mind:

TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME.

My mind is blown. I now require sleep.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Dream Theater and Opeth, may 30.
    In case there was any doubt in anyone's mind:

TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME.

My mind is blown. I now require sleep.
    I could not go, though I wanted to. I was too sick... but I have seen Dream Theatre before and plan to again.
  • edited May 2008
    Nightwish and Sonata Arctica in Philly the end of August! WOO!
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Crosby, Stills, and Nash on June 14th with my parents.
  • JAM Project Otakon
    Quoted once more for maximum effect.

If I'm feeling crazy enough on Ota-Sunday, after the madness, and I have the $100 bucks to get in, I may hit Virgin Festival up at Pimlico Race Track. If I'm lucky, I might be able to catch The Go Team, Bob Dylan, Nine Inch Nails, Kanye West (so I can heckle him), Moby, and whoever else. I'm still pissed it's the same weekend though.

I'm probably seeing some friends do a concert next week. It's funny, my high school graduating class has so many freaking musicians. Like half of All Time Low (you probably heard of them...no comment), a couple people from Four Fifty One (local act), several solo artists...yeah.

Also, I'm hitting up the PLAY video game symphony in Baltimore next month. Other than that, all's quiet on the concert front.
  • I just got done with ZZ Top and Lynard Skynard live.

ZZ Top was good, but you can tell their getting old. Lynard Skynard however was fucking amazing.
  • Last week Carole and I saw Alison Kraus and Robert Plant. I wouldn't really recommend their CD, but their concert was pretty good.
  • Last week Carole and I saw Alison Kraus and Robert Plant. I wouldn't really recommend their CD, but their concert was pretty good.
    I liked their CD... but to each his/her own.
    I liked their CD... but to each his/her own.
    Well, I liked it too, but definitely with a small "l". It was just "okay". That's why I wouldn't recommend it.
  • I get 'ya.
  • Jethro Tull on Aug. 17. Because apparently they're still around.
  • Jethro Tull on Aug. 17. Because apparently they're still around.
    Want.
  • The 40th Anniversary of Jethro Tull is upon us in February 2008. Having initially thought that it was all best avoided in any reference to our upcoming concert tours, I slowly changed my mind after chatting to the others in the band and to some of the fans. Now I have agreed that we will celebrate the tours with a full laser light show, a dancing troupe of honed and bronzed young men fresh from the Madonna boudoir, 60 foot inflatable flute-phallus on stage, Chinese acrobats and fireworks nightly – and – live prostate examinations for lucky competition-winners during the concert intermission.
    Why is Ian Anderson so awesome!?
  • edited July 2008
    Seeing Coheed and Cambria Nov. 5 for Neverender, bitches.

I'm also seeing what's left of The Who on the following Saturday the 8th.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Watch the ever awesome A Wilhelm Scream on July 13 up in Minneapolis. Met these guy 10 years ago, back in Virginia and loved them ever since. Though this time I didn't have to hang out in a house missing a bathroom and a floor.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey Sail, why are you only going to see Coheed on Wednesday? It is called Neverender for a reason. My wife and I will be there all four nights!

Other shows we have tickets for:

Cute Is What We Aim For
    Coheed & Cambria (their San Diego show next weekend in addition to the four nights in LA)
    Nine Inch Nails
    San Diego Street Scene (Vampire Weekend! Ghostland Observatory! And More!)
    The Swell Season
    Post edited by Salamon on
  • San Diego Street Scene(Vampire Weekend! Ghostland Observatory! And More!)
    Oh man, TV on the Radio, too.
  • Jethro Tulll is awesome, and he is still around. However, seeing him live nowadays really isn't so great. He's really really old, and he has not aged well.
  • Went to Baltimore to listen PLAY! A Video Game Symphony. It was awesome but the video department was kind of lacking :P
  • edited July 2008
    Hey Sail, why are you only going to see Coheed on Wednesday??
    Because I'm a high school student and don't have the time or money to throw into a four day concert. Also, I already had tickets to The Who on Saturday and Second Stage Turbine Blade is far and away the best album.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The Blue Man Group here in Halifax. AMAZING. I saw them in Boston a few years ago, and every concert since has paled in comparison. They actually get everyone in the crowd involved, and the music is phenomenal. They were playing this really intense, soul-searching-esque music, and as they were building up to a huge climax, stagehands threw hundreds of trails of toilet paper (not used) into the crowd. Just as the paper got passed forward and you could see the roof again, massively bright lights turned on as they hit the crescendo. Nothing has ever come close to that kind of experience.
  • The Blue Man Group
    They have amazing shows. I've seen them twice now. And how 'bout that "Roof"?
  • Oasis, Nov 29. YAY!
  • edited July 2008
    The Blue Man Group
    I saw them in Vegas and I agree with you guys. I expecially loved it when they made music with Captain Crunch cereal.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • I saw them in Vegas
    The ending is absolutely epic, no?

To clarify, I saw them once on their Rock Concert 2.0 tour and once in Vegas. While the two shows share a few acts, the concert focuses a lot more on music and art while the Vegas show is more about humor and visuals. Anyone who liked one should see the other.