This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Hm...haven't gone to any major things recently and don't have any plans for the future. I did go to hear JC Cassis last night in Brooklyn and will go to her next performance in March.

I have to confess, part of my trip was because my friend plays the keyboard for them. Still, she has an amazing voice.
  • My dad and I are going to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in June.
  • I'm going to check out 23 Rainy Days in Apr.
  • Think I'm seeing Andrew Bird in April.
  • Seeing the Flying Dutchman this friday.
  • I just nabbed two $10 tickets to see Ben Folds next Wednesday, bitches!
    I saw him in College. It was fun, but not exactly an "amazing" live show.
    Hey, don't deflate me. I'm trying to make Jason quiver with jealousy.
  • Seen No Doubt a few weeks ago.
    Hey, don't deflate me. I'm trying to make Jason quiver with jealousy.
    Aww... Sail, I did not mean to deflate. It really was fun.
  • Aww... Sail, I did not mean to deflate. It really was fun.
    It's ok. I'm sure Jason will quiver with jealousy regardless.
  • Got my Lollapalooza passes. I'm excited; Los Campesinos, Animal Collective, and Dan Auerbach are going to be there, and their electronic artists are awesome this year.

Out of curiosity, anyone else going to Lolla?
  • edited May 2009
    Got my Lollapalooza passes.
    Lucky man. The lineup this year is freaking amazing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm going to Soundset 09. The lineup is amazing, I'm really looking forward to it.
  • My wife and I have tickets to see The Offspring in July.
  • If my girlfriend has her way, I'll be seeing Third Eye Blind before summer's end. Got to see Blessid Union of Souls a few weeks ago too, for free even. Apparently this is the summer of the 90's bands for me.
  • My wife and I have tickets to see The Offspring in July.
    I was a real Offspring fan when I was... 10. I saw them live once - they were pretty boring. But good luck anyway. ;)

I just saw AC/DC. :D

• Today I'm going to the DC Chili Cook Off. Less about chili and more of a alt rock festival. Offspring and Papa Roach are gonna be there. The rest of the bands I'm either not so much into, never heard of or hate with a passion. Not sure what to expect from Papa and Off. I haven't really listened to them since HS.
  • Out of curiosity, anyone else going to Lolla?
    Yeah I think me and a few of my friends are gonna make the trip out there from Cleveland. We're too poor to stay the entire time, so we're gonna go the day the Arctic Monkeys are playing. The headliners weren't enough to convince us to go, but the Monkeys were. But I'm mostly excited to see Tool, Beastie Boys, Arctic Monkeys, Coheed, Silversun Pickups...and that's about it. Maybe Rise Against or The Killers if they're there on the day we go.
    My wife and I have tickets to see The Offspring in July.
    I might be seeing them in June...
  • Ben Folds was pretty freakin' great, by the way.

And then Josh Groban showed up for some reason.
  • edited June 2009
    I got back from the Animal Collective and Black Dice show about half an hour ago. My ears are still ringing from the colossal sonic force that BD brought down upon us. Animal Collective blew my mind too. Fireworks became a twenty minute jam with everyone in the audience writhing and convulsing and covered in sweat. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Everyone in the audience was dancing and laughing, and there were good vibes all around.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited June 2009
    You didn't know that? Fireworks/Essplode is always a twenty minute jam live. Black Dice must have been crazy, I hope you were thrashing all over the place during their set.
    Everyone in the audience was dancing and laughing, and there were good vibes all around.
    This is why concerts are awesome. Welcome to my world.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited June 2009
    I knew it would be a long jam, but the bootlegs I've listened to do not do this performance justice. It was hypnotic. All of a sudden the strobe lights would come on and you would see everyone moving in slow motion and everywhere you look the people around you are smiling and grooving to it. The smallness of the venue was also really great. It was like I was floating around in the crowd, since it was so packed. Sail, if you haven't seen these two bands live yet, I cannot stress to you enough how incredible it is.

I also picked up two fantastic shirts, and met a kid from the Collected Animals forum.
  • I'm trying to go see Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction in July at Merriweather, but as of right now, I don't have anyone to go with. Sad panda.
  • I'm trying to go see Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction in July at Merriweather, but as of right now, I don't have anyone to go with. Sad panda.
    I always find someone to chill and talk with in line. Maybe it will happen to you?
    Merriweather, panda, lol.
  • I am planing on going to a Final Fantasy Concert in Baltimore :P
  • edited June 2009
    Final Fantasy, as in Owen Pallett's band?
  • Final Fantasy, as in Owen Pallett's band?
    No, Final Fantasy as Distant Worlds.
  • edited July 2009
    My prospective concert schedule for the next two months. Asterisks are maybes.
    June 26 - The Smell's Battle of the Bands*
    June 29 - Mika Miko*
    July 7 - The Hold Steady
    July 8 - Mika Miko again :D*
    July 11 - Upset The Rhythm showcase*
    July 13 - Bomb the Music Industry!
    July 31 - Reel Big Fish/English Beat
    Post edited by Sail on