This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekRooms

Comments

• And my self full of geek.
    Needs more geek.
  • You know, come to think of it, I probably won't be posting pics of my dorm room. Not owning a camera is kind of a big roadblock here.
  • You know, come to think of it, I probably won't be posting pics of my dorm room. Not owning a camera is kind of a big roadblock here.
    How can someone in this day and age not have a camera? You can get a shitty digital camera for practically free, or even free. Even the cheapest cell phones have cameras, usually with a megapixel, which is plenty.
  • which is plentystill a cell phone digital camera.
    Cellphones make shit photo's. Even the best ones with the most mega pixel make shit photo's. It's astonishing how people can stand wasting their money on such a worthless piece of shit added onto their cellphone. I pity the morons who waste their money buying a more expensive cellphone that only costs more because it has a crap digital camera in it.

As for my apartment, the only think you lot need to know is that I have a sofa fitting for a god of tomorrow. A Chesterfield.
  • Cellphones make shit photo's. Even the best ones with the most mega pixel make shit photo's. It's astonishing how people can stand wasting their money on such a worthless piece of shit added onto their cellphone. I pity the morons who waste their money buying a more expensive cellphone that only costs more because it has a crap digital camera in it.

As for my apartment, the only think you lot need to know is that I have a sofa fitting for a god of tomorrow. A Chesterfield.
    It's a shit photo, but it's good enough. Better than a photo taken with a Polaroid from the '80s. MP3s are good enough for music.

He's not trying to make a photo essay printed in a fancy magazine, or hung up in a gallery. He's just trying to show what his room looks like. For that, just about any camera that works will get the job done.
  • Better than a photo taken with a Polaroid from the '80s.
    :)
  • edited September 2009
    How can someone in this day and age not have a camera?
    90% of the time I don't give a shit about taking pictures or videos. And that 10% of the time I usually am with someone who owns a camera, or I'll bust out my phone or DSi. It's not like I don't have the funds, it's just that I really don't see the point or care enough to get an extra camera (in addition to my DSi and cell phone cameras).
    You can get a shitty digital camera for practically free, or even free. Even the cheapest cell phones have cameras, usually with a megapixel, which is plenty.
    True, I guess. The photos I took in NYC with my phone came out really well, actually.
    I pity the morons who waste their money buying a more expensive cellphone that only costs more because it has a crap digital camera in it.
    I doubt many phones nowadays DON'T have cameras on them. And usually I doubt putting a shitty camera on a phone makes it cost much more.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I'll bust out my phone or DSi
    You lied. You have TWO cameras.
  • edited September 2009
    I'll bust out my phone or DSi
    You lied. You have TWO cameras.
    Correction, three cameras (DSi has 2.), not that they'd be great for taking this kind of picture.

..and fanatical devotion to the pope.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • You lied. You have TWO cameras.
    Well, technically I own a cell phone and a DSi, and they come with cameras built in.

I was speaking strictly about standalone digital cameras when I said I don't own a camera.
  • Finally pics of my new apartment. Only thing missing are my lithographs which aren't on the walls since the frames broke and I need to get new not shit frames for them.
  • @Kiey -- I think I see some original comics pages. What are those?
  • @Kiey -- I think I see some original comics pages. What are those?
    Runaways?
  • Runaways?
    There's a Runaways print there. I'm talking about the framed two-page spread to the right of it.
  • I like how, in the third picture, you have the PS3 and Xbox holding your DVR on the table. I do hope that Linksys router is running some form of custom firmware.
  • edited September 2009
    The original comic pages are from Atomic Robo, specifically issue 1 page 21, and issue 2 page 10.

The print on the left is a Jo Chen signed Runaways cover, and the right one is a Billy Tan signed X-23 print.

The DVR is there since I had no other place for it, and I didn't want to put it vertical. The router is running the standard firmware, although I've been meaning to put the tomato firmware on it.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • Where did you get the Scott Pilgrim poster?
  • edited September 2009
    Where did you get the Scott Pilgrim poster?
    I got that at NY Comic-Con two years ago. I really want the new one that they are going to be selling at PAX, hopefully they'll put it online too.
    Post edited by Kiey on
  • I got that at NY Comic-Con two years ago. I really want the new one that they are going to be selling at PAX, hopefully they'll put it online too.
    Hopefully. I also hope that the posters for the movie are good, I wants me a poster for both the comic and the movie.
  • I've changed my room around recently and added figures and plushies from home, so here comes an update!
    Bonus points to anyone who can guess what games the giant robot poses came from.
  • Bonus points to anyone who can guess what games the giant robot poses came from.
    Phoenix Wright?
  • Phoenix Wright?
    Two of them are.
  • I have two new geek rooms coming along nicely. They aren't geek rooms yet, though. They're just sort of empty rooms with IKEA furniture. All the geekery is still in boxes. It will be some time before it makes its way out.
  • My room isn't super geeky...And is also wide, therefore making wideshots not a useful tool of showing my stuff. So I took several shots of the individually geeky parts of my room...
  • Ahaha, I recognize that Jigglypuff.
  • Ahaha, I recognize that Jigglypuff.
    Were you in the Geekchat, or do other people actually have that plushie? I've never seen another one in my life.
  • I was in the Geekchat, yeah. I think it's cute, in a deranged sort of way.
  • I was in the Geekchat, yeah. I think it's cute, in a deranged sort of way.
    It really is. I've had it since I was 8, which is why it's so raggedy.
  • I've moved into a new apartment yesterday. Hopefully won't have to move for a very long time. As soon as things are settled, I get a few things framed, pictures will commence.