This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• You guys could actually DO your civic duty instead of looking for ways to get out of it, you know. :P Although the chances are that you'll be eliminated anyway.
    Yes, but we only want to do our civic duty when it's convenient for us!
  • I'd love to be in a Jury, but the 3 day period between vice con chairing a convention and coming back from a week long trip is a crappy week to be doing jury duty..
  • You guys could actually DO your civic duty instead of looking for ways to get out of it, you know. :P Although the chances are that you'll be eliminated anyway.
    I'll do it once (assuming that I don't get skipped all together). Whether or not there is a second time will be decided when then.

• Fail; Due to dissertation stress forgot to pay this months rent and don't really have enough for next month.
    Boo-Yah; moved savings around and fixed it all pretty quickly before it became a real problem
    Fail; Had to rewrite my dissertation, with a month to do it this is not good.
    Boo-Yah; Again sorted it today and got on top of it all. Hopping that with some long sessions I should be able to make it all much better.
  • Boo-Yah: My German teacher is out
    Fail: she left a note explicitly stating that no one can sign out and we have to do a verbal exercize during class
    Boo-Yah: We have the most doesn't-give-a-shit sub that there has ever been. He ignored both of those. The Supreme Court of Greg has just ruled that nullification is super legit.
    Fail: I went from that class where I could pass notes to my friends to the most generic-white-people study in the Spec Ed room.
  • Fail/Boo-Yah: Got wait listed for JET. It's not yes (yet), but it's certainly better than no, and everyone I know who's been accepted was wait listed first.
  • Boo-yah: Had a physical and for once my blood pressure wasn't super high in the doctors office. My BP is well controlled. :D
    Fail: My cholesterol is still iffy. My total number is good, my LDL is slightly above optimal, my HDL is low and my triglyceride level is normal.

Pretty much no change from when I last had it checked.
  • Fail: My GI doctor has absolutely no idea why my digestive system isn't working right

Boo-Yah: I've now got a referral to Mayo Clinic where hopefully someone will figure things out

Fail: Even with a referral, I'm looking at a 6-8 month waitlist :/
  • Boo-yah:15 years since High school and 10 years since College.
    Fail: Older.
  • I'm almost the same age as my father was on the day I was born. Also school is longer than half my life ago. Putting these facts together made me decide I don't want kids.
    I'm at 10 and 4.5 respectively.
  • ScoJo, you are now happily married, own a home, and can do a lot more awesome things with your income.

I think feeling old is overrated compared to all those positives.
    19 years since high school and 14 since college. Now get off my lawn, whipper-snapper!
  • edited June 2013
    ScoJo, you are now happily married, own a home, and can do a lot more awesome things with your income.

I think feeling old is overrated compared to all those positives.
    SOOOO MUCH LESS FREE TIME (I.E. WORK) :-p

Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Phoenix does a quarterly bulk trash pickup:

Fail - I had enough trash to build a pile the size of a car.
    Booyah - I got rid of a pile of unwanted furniture/household junk, yard waste, and trash the size of a car.

This is to get the house ready to sell.
  • Booyah - Got invite to pick up Google Glass in a month, fo'real.
    Fail - I wear prescription lenses and have doubts about whether having to wear contacts is worth beating the rush by a few months.
    Fail - I wear prescription lenses and have doubts about whether having to wear contacts is worth beating the rush by a few months.
    As a long-time contact user - try them out. They're pretty nice to have, and they're hardly trouble at all, nowdays, with porous flexible polymer lenses. I sleep with mine in, end of the week, I take them out, soak them overnight, put them back in the next morning. Each pair should last about a month, or up to three months if you're REALLY good with them, and your eyes can handle it - but be careful with that, explore your limit slowly.

Read this article - it's apparently not so terrible to wear Glass over eyeglasses.
    http://www.geek.com/android/48-hours-in-wearing-google-glass-with-glasses-1555830/
  • Pretty weak here, but...

Booyah - got an Amazon gift card from my in-laws as a give for my first Father's Day.

Fail - I don't know what to buy with it as, due to being a dad, I'm not sure I'll have the time to actually enjoy anything I'll buy with it.
  • Buy a new comfy pillow that will help you sleep easier.
  • Read this article - it's apparently not so terrible to wear Glass over eyeglasses.
    http://www.geek.com/android/48-hours-in-wearing-google-glass-with-glasses-1555830/
    Okay, now it has officially become worth it.
  • Buy a new comfy pillow that will help you sleep easier.
    Actually, I sleep fine and usually get a good night's sleep. It's the lack of awake leisure time that's the problem.
  • What I got up to on Sunday night:

• Boo-yah: New computer parts sitting outside my house.
    Boo-yah: Scojo is in town and wants to meet for dinner...
    Fail: ...tonight.
  • Boo-Yah: Got second monitor for my computer usage.
    Fail: It's kinda shitty.
    Boo-Yah the second: It was free and it works, so I don't care.
  • The Fail: Looks like my kung fu movie presentation got deleted off of my computer
    The Boo-yah: Turns out it's really easy to re-write a power point when you A. Have a bunch of movie clips in the correct order to use. B. Already memorized the panel and what slides you already had.
  • Dude, Skydrive.
  • edited July 2013
    Dude, Google Drive, dropbox, Amazon File Storage, Mega, or any other provider.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Boo-Yah: Last day of work!
    Boo: I'm a bit sad because I've been here for 10 years and it's a huge change in my life.
    Boo-Yah: I have tomorrow off!
    Boo: There are times when I think about it, I almost start to tear up. Saying good-bye to people I've known for so many years and not being able to see my mother, who also works here almost everday.
    Boo-Yah: Goodbye to my boss.
  • Boo-Yah: The Shivery Shakes LP got funded on Kickstarter with $200 dollars extra! A bunch of people even gave them the upper echelons of funding.
    Fail: I don't actually have the $30 that I put in, and none of the DS games I found cleaning my room are selling on eBay.