This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Welcome...TO THE FUTURE!!!! (happy new year)

edited December 2009 in Everything Else
Happy New Years everyone at GMT-5 and East of there (but west of the international dateline).

Comments

• Still an hour here.

GMT -6 REPRESENT!
  • GMT-8 Represent!
  • GMT -7 I guess I'm here.
  • edited January 2010
    Yawn, old news - GMT +10. You 2010 newbs.

Happy new year, everyone!
    Post edited by thaneofcawdor on
  • -8, watching Shaun of the Dead.
  • If it is the Future, where's the howerboards? Other than that this new year and decade feels ok.
  • Happy New Year everyone!
    A couple of more hours for Dr Who awesomeness :D
  • 明けましておめでとう! [and I'm using that as much as possible after having spent five minutes looking up the exact spelling.]
    Writing to friends across the world.
  • edited January 2010
    Happy New Year!
    And Sonic, you called my parents last night! WTFLOL?
    Bu I appreciate the thought.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited January 2010
    Happy New Year!
    And Sonic, you called my parents last night! WTFLOL?
    Bu I appreciate the thought.
    It was the weirdest thing. I was out getting a little air, and I decided to call some friends to wish them happy new years. I don't know how but somehow there was a phone number next to your name! So I'm like "alright, maybe she gave it to me at some point? Whatever I'll just leave a message on her voicemail..." Then a guy picked up, and I wasn't sure if it was the right number, but then he wanted to take a message. And then I realized "Oh man, Time zones" and started apologizing for calling at 1 in the morning.

Sorry! >.< !!!!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Haha! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I rang it in at the best party ever! My BFF Ces threw a great one at her place. Unforntunately I ate like a pig and drank like a lush so I ended up kinda sick half the night. Got better by midnight, but still wonky. I did not lose my streak though!
  • This was probably the most tame and meditative new year I've had since...actually, I think this may be tamer than even my childhood new years. Regardless, the reflection was only punctuated by my battle with a champagne cork. Happy New Year!
  • The highlight of my New Year's Eve party was dancing enthusiastically with an inebriated Italian grandmother to Back in the U.S.S.R. as her grandchildren played it in The Beatles: Rock Band. After that I decided to impress everyone by getting 90% with the drums on expert before most of the people at the party knew I was a drummer (though they seemed far less impressed once they learned this fact). I also gorged myself on hummus, pita chips, and shrimp with cocktail sauce, played a game of Spades that was more about how well we could break each other's concentration with loud noises and progressively dirtier jokes, and generally made a fool of myself along with everyone else. It was a pretty great send-off for a pretty shitty year.
  • I rang in my new year somewhat quietly and contemplatively, going over my old journals from the year, things I've achived, and laying out what I wanted to do next year. I also made some fireworks of a rather decent size and rather ludicrous power, for home-mades.
  • I was in Germany for the coming of the new year, visiting with grandparents.
  • If it is the Future, where's the howerboards?
    They still have 5 years, patience.
  • We have yet to discover life on Europa. This is disappointing.
  • We have yet to discover life on Europa. This is disappointing.
    I was bummed back in 1999/2000 when we failed to excavate a monolith on the Moon. No Discovery, no Alexei Leonov, nothing. Rats.

Not having a moon base may have something to do with that...
  • Kinda late but I spent this new year's with some old college friends and ended up drinking and chatting until 6am. Pretty good way to start the year, IMO.
  • Time for some Necromancy, just to say Happy New Years from the future. You're all glorious people, and I look forward to sharing 2015 with you all once you catch up to us future people.
  • No, no!

I will not allow this! I cannot allow this!

In twelve hours hence, my grand machine will activate, bottling the last gasp of 2014 and stretching it into eternity! My victory will be complete!
  • Happy New Year Mcfly you Bojo
  • Happy new year from Vienna, Austria!

Juliane and I didn't pace ourselves properly. We spent a really fun 6 hours in the city center, eating and drinking and dancing and all that, but we decided to head back to the apartment where we're staying, have a hot bath and watch fireworks from the comfort of the 6th floor balcony. We didn't even check a clock to see if it was midnight, we just tried to gauge it by volume of fireworks.
  • Happy new year, EST!
  • Happy New Year! It's currently 1:24 AM here in California. Unless we've got members further west, I think that's it!
  • edited January 2015
    I await your self-tying velcro.
    Post edited by Daikun on