This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things You Never Expected to Hear Yourself Say

Comments

• "I could see myself paying for EVE"

EVE Y UR SPACE LOOK SO NICE
    Pull enough ISK in every month and you won't have to.

...I think that counts for material for this thread.

Oh, do tell. I can totally get myself behind anything EVE is offering right now.
  • "You're all fucking poisonous. This town is an asshole, and everyone here is a sad sack of shit."

Oh, do tell. I can totally get myself behind anything EVE is offering right now.
    ISK/PLEX exchange. You can start with a free trial, convert your ISK to PLEX, pay for an account with PLEX, and keep on truckin'.

ISK/PLEX exchange. You can start with a free trial, convert your ISK to PLEX, pay for an account with PLEX, and keep on truckin'.
    Brb, mining forever.
  • ISK/PLEX exchange. You can start with a free trial, convert your ISK to PLEX, pay for an account with PLEX, and keep on truckin'.
    I seem to recall a minor change made recently makes this statement false.

You must have a paid account before you can cash in a PLEX card for a free month's time. A free trial account won't be able to use it.

However, once you pay for the one month, you can ISK mine and get PLEX. Know that, by most calculations, you will be working over a 40 hour week each month just playing EVE to obtain enough ISK to obtain a PLEX card for the next month.

You don't have to be actively paying, so long as you are not using a limited trial account (which has item/skill restrictions). For example, take a few months off from paying, EVE offers you a free weekend, you somehow get a PLEX: free month.
  • As the opening theme to Sonic Adventure 2 says: Live and Learn.
    HANGIN ON THE EDGE OF TOMORROW
    FROM THE WORKS OF YESTERDAY
  • Sooooo you got rico-bargled on?
  • ISK/PLEX exchange. You can start with a free trial, convert your ISK to PLEX, pay for an account with PLEX, and keep on truckin'.
    I seem to recall a minor change made recently makes this statement false.

You must have a paid account before you can cash in a PLEX card for a free month's time. A free trial account won't be able to use it.

However, once you pay for the one month, you can ISK mine and get PLEX. Know that, by most calculations, you will be working over a 40 hour week each month just playing EVE to obtain enough ISK to obtain a PLEX card for the next month.

You don't have to be actively paying, so long as you are not using a limited trial account (which has item/skill restrictions). For example, take a few months off from paying, EVE offers you a free weekend, you somehow get a PLEX: free month.
    Yeah, I've noticed that. I don't know how I feel about that, but if I can draw and stuff while EVEing, it doesn't bother me as much.
  • edited July 2011
    Alternatively, you could find a better way to make ISK.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Maybe one of these days they'll make it off my "List of states that aren't really states anymore".
  • The Mexican War is as Pyrrhic as victories get. We won Texas and Kansas from Mexico. Way to go Polk, way to go.
  • "I should learn some Elven phrases."

No, Josh, you shouldn't. That is a bad idea. Just so you can roleplay your half-elf? No no no nononononono. First off, your "friends" in the group will ridicule you, regardless of how cool it sounds. Second, that is one step closer to living at your Mom's house forever, never to find a job or know the love of a non-pixelated woman.
  • edited July 2011
    or know the love of a non-pixelated woman.
    Dude. Just find a girl who likes Elvish. Then your sweet Sindarin pick-up lines will not go to waste.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • The Mexican War is as Pyrrhic as victories get. We won Texas and Kansas from Mexico. Way to go Polk, way to go.
    And y'know some other minor places like California, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and a decent chunk of Colorado. Also very little of Kansas for that matter.
  • One of my best buddies has bible verses tatooed in Elvish on his arms and he's got both a lady and a babby. The trick is knowing you're hot shit and not caring what other people think.

That being said, learning Elvish phrases is absurdly nerdish.
  • edited July 2011
    Fuck yeah, I'm going to learn that nerdy awesome shit!
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Fuck it, I'm learning those phrases. Even if it is absurdly nerdish.
    You mean, fuck yeah I'm going to learn that nerdy awesome shit!
  • "Happy Birthday you gay cock."
  • Fuck it, I'm learning those phrases. Even if it is absurdly nerdish.
    You mean, fuck yeah I'm going to learn that nerdy awesome shit!
    Remember: The key is confidence, but not arrogance.
  • I will rape you with a shopping cart.
  • I will rape you with a shopping cart.
  • I know some Forgotten Realmsian elvish...

Of course, that's not something I didn't expect to hear myself say.
  • The trick is knowing you're hot shit and not caring what other people think.
    This by a lot. I'm designing a tattoo that is going to be a Viking poem, translated into old Norse and transliterated into runes, drawn on the body of a serpent framing a hammer of Thor. I wrote the damn poem myself, in drottkvaett (Viking poetic verse), and I'm going to translate it myself into old Norse and then transliterate it into runes.

That's fucking nerdy as hell. And look at all the fucks I give. You know why? Because fuck you, I'm awesome, that's why.
    Fuck that - a little bit of arrogance is actually warranted. I find the correct level of delivery is around 80%; if you can back up 80% of what you say, people will forgive the 20% that you don't.

Trust me, throw some swagger in there. As long as you don't get self-deluded, you'll be fine.
  • edited July 2011
    Courtesy of my friend Eric, on the topic of Regina Spektor:
    "I just want to live inside her tits and vagina and have interesting conversations."
    Post edited by Walker on
  • "I'm not in the mood for music right now, sorry..."
  • Regina Spektor
    Upon looking her up, she does seem to have that certain something.
  • Regina Spektor
    Upon looking her up, she does seem to have that certain something.
    Ah Regina is an interesting singer, someone I can get in the mood for from time to time but hard to recommend to others due to her style.