This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Street Fighter IV

Comments

• I have a Soul Calibur IV PS3 stick, and it worked fine on both Vista and 7. Just plugged it in, and it worked fine in MAME.
  • I play on a pad. The biggest issues seem to be completing challenge mode and pulling off some of the z charge ultras. I'm never going to be Daigo so I don't worry about playing super optimally.
  • I play on a pad. The biggest issues seem to be completing challenge mode and pulling off some of the z charge ultras. I'm never going to be Daigo so I don't worry about playing super optimally.
    Z-charge?
  • Well the ones like Guile's first ultra.
  • Well the ones like Guile's first ultra.
    Oooooh.
  • Everyday I seem to find a character I am good with. The problem is that I lose all skill with them the next day. :|
  • edited May 2010
    <
    I'm on PSN, using the tournament stick, though I do use the controller once and a while just b/c I still play a lot of face-to-face with my friends and sometimes it just feels more fair if everybody has controllers instead of one arcade stick and one controller.

Oh, and PSN ID is Foxtail.
    Schway, I go by (my roomate does actually) Venom_Xtreme. Just..don't ask. I just got started online yesterday, but I plan on hopping on today. I really really, REALLY like going into arcade mode and getting interrupted before almost every match.

I play on a normal pad, even though I know I should have stepped my game up by now. Do any sticks work for both XB360 and PS3 or would I have to get one for each should I decide to do so. Seeing as I have BlazBlue too.

Also, why is Dan and Saukra here but not Sean? *cries* Not to mention this makes a time paradox. Sakura should be a grown up. Or just....not ...there. We have Ibuki and Makoto for the loli-pedofiends, don't we?
    Post edited by NerdcoreWannabe on
  • edited May 2010
    getting interrupted before almost every match.
    FTFY
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • JayJay
    edited May 2010
    Not to mention this makes a time paradox. Sakura should be a grown up. Or just....not ...there. We have Ibuki and Makoto for the loli-pedofiends, don't we?
    I don't think Street Fighter ever took itself seriously in terms of story line. Bison should be in hell and Dhalsim original motivations was to avenge his dead elephant friend.

On the subject of story lines, I am a huge fan of Hakan being a semi crazy paranoid millionaire roaming the streets beating up random people he believes are, "after his oil". This is the sort of ridiculous character I can get into.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Bison should be in hell
    Bison wa Jigoku-Oh!
  • Bison has like a million clones and may or may not be Cammy and Rose.
  • BUMPING THIS SHIT

I'm really having trouble finding a character I want to stick with. My main in SF4 classic was Blanka. I don't know if they nerfed him or everyone else is just good, but none of my tricks work anymore.
  • I'm really having trouble finding a character I want to stick with. My main in SF4 classic was Blanka. I don't know if they nerfed him or everyone else is just good, but none of my tricks work anymore.
    Blanka is a very good character for newb stomping due to his good pokes and decent recovery on moves. He is also an ok character at higher levels but you have to be very tricky with him. Basically, if your opponent knows that you can jab blanka out of rolling balls, never jump in on him, and how to block correctly on rainbow rolls, your job as Blanka becomes allot more difficult.

You can either play a very lame safe blank where you get a life lead then turtle up until you win. (suggested against shoto characters) Or a hyper aggressive Blanka that you always are charging forward and being very random. This is very dangerous as quiet a few of Blankas mix ups are unsafe or easily avoided once you recognize them. Generally, to win with Blanka against a good opponent you have to be better then they are. I would suggest looking at picking up Bison if you don't like how Blanka is working out.
  • I've been working with Dee Jay because he sorta plays like Blanka. He has some of the crossup game with some Guile thrown in for flavor. I keep playing Rose because I always feel like I will discover something amazing with her. :|
  • I've been working with Dee Jay because he sorta plays like Blanka. He has some of the crossup game with some Guile thrown in for flavor
    Dee Jay is a beast. He has allot of safe block strings and his anti air ultra has a huge hitbox.
    I keep playing Rose because I always feel like I will discover something amazing with her. :|
    Keep reaching for that rainbow.
  • I keep playing with Guy, trying to figure out a rushdown. Playing Blanka online for the first time was somewhat disconcerting.
  • I keep playing Rose because I always feel like I will discover something amazing with her. :|
    I put a ton of time into Rose back in the SFA series. My favorite thing about playing as her is the psych game. If you can really get in your opponents head you can completely destroy them, but she is so very defensive that she can also be REALLy hard to play well.

I'm really having trouble finding a character I want to stick with. My main in SF4 classic was Blanka. I don't know if they nerfed him or everyone else is just good, but none of my tricks work anymore.
    Blanka was my guy back in the day, than I moved over to Guile. I'm still pretty heavy on Guile, but I like how much variety Blanka has, from heavy duty pressure to some really solid defenses.
  • My stick. It will arrive soon.
    Did you get an X-box?
    Did you get an X-box?
    Or a sex change?
  • Or a sex change?
    I like this because it also implies that Rym was a girl to begin with ^_~
  • Yes, that is the joke.
  • Back when SFIV was released I picked it up for the 360 and was somewhat stoked about it. I already had an arcade stick (a Hori EX2 that I had picked up prior ot SFIV's release to use with XBLA games) and loved SSF2 back in the day, so I was all gung-ho.

So I threw it in the 360 and was not shocked to see how much my skills had atrophied. Yeah, I could still bust out dragon punches and with a little practice I was doing halfway decent at stringing combos together, and I still sucked at trying to get the Z-charge supers to work, but it was still fun. Trouble was that I was less than enthused at all the extra characters that were locked behind the "gotta beat the game with character X to unlock character Y" wall. That and none of my close circle of friends were playing it; I didn't feel like getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by some kid who had nothing better to do than spend 12 hours a day practicing his combos (or worse, spamming special moves and relying on laggy net to get his wins). Combine that with the EX2 not really being the best stick for the job and you end up with a rather disillusioned Me.

So it got shelved for future play when I finally decided to chunk down the change on a decent stick.

And once more I was bitten by the bug with the release of SSFIV. I decided to skip trying to deal with the EX2 and started fooling around with the challenge modes on the gamepad. Eventually I'll get an SE and probably use it until it falls apart, followed by replacing the stock parts with aftermarket Sanwa or Seimitsu parts, but until then I'd be up for some general randomness with the forum members here. I'll freely admit I suck and it'll be a while before I get better at it, but I'd rather get whomped in-game by people that I share common interests with than some random 12-year-old whose sole counter-attack is to scream epithets over the mic at me and then down-vote my rep after the match if I decide to "cheese" them by not letting them hit me with all their telegraphed dragon punches *grin*
  • Rule one of Street Fighter is never play with the mic on unless you are with friends.
  • Rule one of Street Fighter is never play with the mic on unless you are with friends.
    Why not? I play with the mic on all the time. It's disappointingly rare that anyone talks to me. When they do, it's always pleasant. Only once has there been shit-cock.
  • edited May 2010
    Why not? I play with the mic on all the time. It's disappointingly rare that anyone talks to me. When they do, it's always pleasant. Only once has there been shit-cock.
    From what I've seen on most other forums people generally don't play with a mic on due to the possibility of having to deal with shit-cockery from "Timmy" on the other end. That and they don't want to hear the incessant clicky-clicky-clicky from the other player's controller. Or they've got a custom controller that doesn't have a jack for the voice headset (which is what I suspect from most of the hardcore online players). I've also seen plenty of people complaining of general asshattery from poor losers sending inflammatory messages and negative rep feedback.
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • From what I've seen on most other forums people generally don't play with a mic on due to thepossibilityof having to deal with shit-cockery from "Timmy" on the other end.
    As I said, the shit-cockery rate is so low, it's not a problem. Also, if I have a mic, and you don't, you can still hear me if you haven't muted me, right? You can also mute the other person if you both have mics.
    That and they don't want to hear the incessant clicky-clicky-clicky from the other player's controller.
    I've never heard any clicky.
    Or they've got a custom controller that doesn't have a jack for the voice headset (which is what I suspect from most of the hardcore online players).
    The SSFIV sticks have hacks for the headset. Also, if you're using the wired headset, you just suck. Xbox 360 Wireless Headset
    've also seen plenty of people complaining of general asshattery from poor losers sending inflammatory messages and negative rep feedback.
    I've never gotten one. On the PC I got some positive messages, but never got any messages at all on the console. Also, a loser can give you neg feedback whether you have a mic or not, no?
  • I've gotten some hate mail on the 360. I think it said I was called a "gay fag." The kid dropped out of the match before I could get a Perfect.
  • edited May 2010
    I've gotten some hate mail on the 360. I think it said I was called a "gay fag." The kid dropped out of the match before I could get a Perfect.
    Yes, I was shitcocked once. Kid just said fag a whole bunch of times on voice chat.

Even so, it happened only once. Once out of many many many games. Whereas I can't even begin to count the number of times I've heard "good game" and such.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • As I said, the shit-cockery rate is so low, it's not a problem.

Posted By: AprecheI've never heard any clicky.
    I'm going to call "sample error" on these - just because you've run into such a low rate doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :)
    Also, if I have a mic, and you don't, you can still hear me if you haven't muted me, right?
    Good point. You can change those settings in the 360 dashboard, IIRC.
    Or they've got a custom controller
    The SSFIV sticks have hacks for the headset.
    Yes, the official sticks have jacks for the headset. Go have a look at most of the custom sticks on the Shoryuken forums and see how many of the custom builds have the jack on them. The ones that aren't just a re-skinned HRAP/SE/TE stick generally won't have a jack on them.
    I've never gotten one.
    Again, sample error :)
    Also, a loser can give you neg feedback whether you have a mic or not, no?
    Yeah, that was more of a general comment on the online community at large than a mic-related thing.