This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

25 Expressions Challenge!

edited May 2010 in Art!
Alright arty-types, here's the challenge:

Use this blank sheet and a character of yours. Try to get each box filled with the expression listed underneath.

READYGO.

Comments

• You gonna do one?
  • I will do this tonight, either with King Hobo or this guy:

• I will do this tonight, either with King Hobo or this guy:

King Hobo, all the way.
  • My hand is tired, and I have to sleep, but here's the first nine panels of the artistic-exercise-cum-origin-story.
  • Hahaha, wonderful.
  • You're a natural cartoonist, Gunter. This is great stuff.
  • Finished!

-Far Side reference-
    *golfclap*
  • I will do this tonight, either with King Hobo or this guycrown:
  • Finished!
    Oh my god, well done. I need to dig out my Far Side books.
  • Damn it, I was going to finish it, but now I've accidentally deleted four panels and I don't want to draw them again. So here's this:image
  • Mine's done, but haven't had the chance to upload it yet.

Applause for you clever bastards, but I wanna see some srs bsns.
  • Not that clever. I'm surprised I was the first to make that joke.
  • Not that clever. I'm surprised I was the first to make that joke.
    Many may think of the clever joke, but few actually make it. The beauty isn't in the idea, but the execution, and you were the one who had the focus and clarity of vision to actually follow through to the end.
  • Finished!
    Blaggard! You utterly ruined my future Gogol 13 joke.
  • Alright, sissies. Here's mine. Are any of you dudes bro enough to draw/PS this, or is your shit too fucked up?
    It's not amazing, and I'm going to try again with a different character, and in Photoshop.
  • I like everything I've seen so far. Honestly, even though I have virtually no drawing skills, I do want to do this. I just lack two very important things: printer and scanner.
  • Honestly, even though I have virtually no drawing skills, I do want to do this. I just lack two very important things: printer and scanner.
    But you also HAVE two very important things: A mouse, and MS Paint. If you have no drawing skills, it shouldn't make much difference. :)
  • If you have no drawing skills, it shouldn't make much difference. :)
    Srsly. I've been drawing everything with a mouse.
  • Srsly. I've been drawing everything with a mouse
    And your stuff is great. You're probably not going to be doing any serious illustrations with a mouse (although if you get comfortable with the pen tool in Photoshop or Illustrator, you can do a lot), but for simple cartoons, it's fine. Actually, even in MS Paint, if you zoom in and use the line and curve tools, you can pull off some pretty surprising stuff.
  • Honestly, even though I have virtually no drawing skills, I do want to do this. I just lack two very important things: printer and scanner.
    But you also HAVE two very important things: A mouse, and MS Paint. If you have no drawing skills, it shouldn't make much difference. :)
    Mouse, yes. MS Paint, no. Also, I'm one of those kinds of people who hates using the mouse. I'd only do it on a computer if I had a Wacom.
  • Alright, sissies. Here's mine. Are any of you dudes bro enough to draw/PS this, or is your shit too fucked up?
    The latter.
  • I've been working on this for a little while. Sneak preview:

Desmond the Butler
  • We need to do some blinded tests. Provide the images, and the list of emotions, and let us work out which goes with which.
  • That there is a good idea! Maybe I'll do that with my next sheet. Scramble the emotions and give the list.
  • I made one!

25 Expressions
  • I hate all of you sarcastic bastards. Except Jess, cause she's trying. :\
    Because I'm too lazy to draw it: A penis in every square. Also a Geodude in every square.
    Because I'm too lazy to draw it: A penis in every square. Also a Geodude in every square.
    You can draw?