This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Yeah idk I think I popped back in for a minute last year cuz I was curious but hey, cool to see so many of you still hanging around here.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Just sent in an audition for Mass Effect Andromeda. I did about as good a job as I could with it, so I hope I get picked. I really want to be picked.
  • Just sent in an audition for Mass Effect Andromeda. I did about as good a job as I could with it, so I hope I get picked. I really want to be picked.

Good luck dude!
  • HEY SO REMEMBER THAT TIME THAT I SNORTED COFFEE AND GOT THE MOST INTENSE RUSH OF MY LIFE? YEAH WELL MONSTER'S JAVA DRINK -- WHICH I HAVE HAD WITHOUT ISSUE MANY TIMES BEFORE -- JUST BEAT THAT RECORD.
  • Went to Epcot for their Food and Wine Festival for the first time, today. Lots of walking, nice food, good fireworks, but the highlight of my day was an interaction at one of the booths. During the summer, Disney gets a bunch of people from all the countries represented to work the stands and permanent attractions for each country (except for Poland; there were Americans working the Polish stand). I went to the Japan stand to get some plum wine and handed the Japanese cashier my Japanese ID. She took on autopilot, poked at the computer, then actually looked at it, and did the first double take I've ever seen in person. She put away her retail smile, put on a real one, and we chatted a little in Japanese while she was handing me my change.
  • I want to move to Seattle
  • New York man.
  • I don't know. Depending on how you want to live Seattle has some advantages over New York. If I were rich enough, living on the peninsula where I'm not in the city, but I can take a ferry boat into Seattle, sounds pretty ideal to me. New York's similar options are at like ten times the cost. I can maybe conceive of making enough to live in the northwest, but my equivalent cost of living around New York doesn't buy me the same level of space and country-ness.
  • Rym said:

New York man.

No Oculus NYC unfortunately.
  • Churba said:
    Damn it, America! If you can't beat the world at Barbecue food, what's the fucking point?

Seriously, I need to try one of those.
  • AmpAmp
    edited September 2016
    I wonder if I can post again.

Edit; Oh I can, huzza!
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Andrew said:

I want to move to Seattle

Every time I arrive in Seattle I have a pang of that. Visiting NYC doesn't evoke the same feeling. I wonder if I've been conditioned through going to so many PAXes.
  • edited September 2016
    I like Seattle because it's a large city with good things in it but it's not huge. You can walk across Seattle a few hours. I like that about SF too, but SF is just way too expensive.

Public transportation in Seattle is actually pretty good too. Not as great as NYC but they're making strides in the right direction. This is something SF doesn't have. You either Uber, walk, or drive.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • SF is way too obsessed with itself. So is New York, but at least New York has good reason to be.
  • MATATAT said:

The concurrent attendance of PAX accounts for 4% of the entire population of Seattle.

Granted, PAX in Boston is ~5.6% of the population of Boston, and Boston is actually, amazingly, smaller than Seattle.

• edited September 2016
    Rym said:

MATATAT said:

The concurrent attendance of PAX accounts for 4% of the entire population of Seattle.

Granted, PAX in Boston is ~5.6% of the population of Boston, and Boston is actually, amazingly, smaller than Seattle.

Smaller than Seattle, but has a team for all four major pro sports, while Seattle only has two.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited September 2016
    Rym said:

MATATAT said:

Here's something pretty nuts - Pax Aus, is about 2% of the population of Melbourne, give or take, from a back of the envelope calculation from best guess at turnstile figures.

A little less impressive of a percentage - until you consider that Melbs has roughly six times the population of Boston or Seattle.

Kinda makes sense, though, when you remember that for Australia and a large part of Asia, it's not "One of four PAXes", or even "It's one of the three PAXes on this continent" it's "The one PAX that's realistically accessible."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited September 2016
    Rym said:

I mean, city proper population is about 20k less than Seattle, sure - but Boston's MSA is substantially larger than Seattle's.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • "Boston proper" is smaller than people think because 90% of what people think of as "Boston" is actually a very close suburb.
  • This week I'm going on my third business trip in the last two months. I guess I'm starting to become important. Also, might be time to finally get an airline rewards program.
  • This week I'm going on my third business trip in the last two months. I guess I'm starting to become important. Also, might be time to finally get an airline rewards program.

Rockin' dude. I don't have that level of importance yet. I just get flown to Phoenix once a year.
  • Rym said:

I mean, city proper population is about 20k less than Seattle, sure - but Boston's MSA is substantially larger than Seattle's.
    Boston is basically a suburb of New York.

Yeah, I said it.

• Rym said:

Rym said:

Yeah, I said it.

I mean, sure. Ok, I don't see how that would drastically change my world view.
  • Rym said:

The one with all the good schools.
  • Rym said:

Rym said:

Yeah, I said it.

Nice troll.
  • Boston's not within reasonable commuting distance of New York, and therefore isn't a suburb.