This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• There are a scary number of people that I know from entirely separate contexts who, even years later, surprise me by having known eachother.
  • Rym said:

There are a scary number of people that I know from entirely separate contexts who, even years later, surprise me by having known eachother.

Oh, that is so weird, right? At a party, I found out that one of Alex Leavitt's friends knew Nelson. Fucking weird.
  • I regularly manage to freak out Will by having gone to school with multiple people he knows from cons or the local game store.
  • Is there a forum approved Sailor Moon watching guide? No way I'm slogging through the whole thing.
  • Skip Letterless Sailor Moon. The continuity is reset between it and Sailor Moon R. You can go back and watch it if you really need that Mahou Shoujo fix, but you don't need to. That being said, I've only watched through S. I think Rym's the only one who's seen the whole thing.
  • Just watch the whole thing. But outside of S, keep it to less than 5 episodes a week. It's a lot better if you don't binge watch it.
  • Good sites for getting clip art? Specifically of musical images?
  • Greg said:

Good sites for getting clip art? Specifically of musical images?

Have you tried Pixabay?
  • I had not thank you.
  • edited June 2016
    Greg said:

I had not thank you.

You might wanna watch this. I talk about assets and list my favorite asset resources.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sonic, you got mad video skills.
  • For that? No way.

For this, though, I'll take that compliment.
  • I know you're being modest, but you can really talk in front of a camera. Muggles do not sound like that.
  • Rym said:

There are a scary number of people that I know from entirely separate contexts who, even years later, surprise me by having known eachother.

Oh, that is so weird, right? At a party, I found out that one of Alex Leavitt's friends knew Nelson. Fucking weird.
    My friend introduced me to a girl at RIT who also grew up in the Boston area. Turns out our older brothers were best friends in high school. Small world.
  • edited June 2016
    Anybody else find the "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" joke the lowest form of "humor" on the internet today?

Oh, everybody that isn't a complete bag of human excrement? Okay.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Any Reddit meme is trite and forced now pretty much.

I need a cheap computer I can slap an Nvidia card in and go. Any ideas on computer and/or video card?
  • Most cheap computers you find probably won't be able to power a dedicated gpu without a psu upgrade.
  • Any Reddit meme is trite and forced now pretty much.

I need a cheap computer I can slap an Nvidia card in and go. Any ideas on computer and/or video card?

Maybe something like this?
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/455783/B659_Desktop_Computer
  • edited June 2016
    Here's an interesting exercise I stole from John Green: Name the first five Muslims that come to your mind.

Muhammed Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Nazim Kadri, Nail Yakupov and Osama bin Laden came to my mind first. Four athletes (two of then hockey players) and the most infamous muslim ever. I guess this is kind of like asking someone to name the first five austrians in their head and the list includes Hitler next to Mozart and Schwarzenegger.

I will try and replace Bin Laden with Rami Ismail in my head as one of the first muslims I think off ASAP.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • We're pretty similar.

Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Ayatollah Khomeini, Malcom X, Bin laden
  • Muhammed Ali, Hasan Minaj, Osama bin Laden, Ahmet Ertegun, Assad. Fairly accurate little Rorschach test right there.
  • My friend Neelofer comes first, then Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Janet Jackson, and Shaq.
  • Muhanned (roomate back at rit), Muhammad Ali, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bin Laden, Elijah Muhammad. Interesting, Malcom X actually comes after Elijah, despite him being more prominent in my mind. Might indicate some subtle bias in my head because I know way more about Malcom X than I do about that guy.
  • edited June 2016
    Raz(dude I went to school with), Zafir(dude I went to crew school with), Dave Chapelle, Waleed Aly(Tv Presenter and rad as fuck guitarist), Amal Clooney.

Guessing fewer big US types, since they're not as prominent here, Waleed Aly because I watch The Project semi-regularly while eating dinner, and Amal Clooney because I was reading something unrelated about her earlier today.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
  • Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Front Row obviously.
  • Greg said:

Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Front Row obviously.
    Their equivalent of freshman survey class is "How to be an insufferable pedant 101"
  • chaosof99 said:

Here's an interesting exercise I stole from John Green: Name the first five Muslims that come to your mind.

Unaiza (girl I went to Uni with for my first degree), Areesha (girl at Uni), Ammar (guy at Uni), Rami Esmail (been watching promos for Mr. Robot season 2.0), Muhammad Ali (watched his memorial service last night).
  • chaosof99 said:

Muhammad Ali, Avicenna (philosopher), Al-Zahrawi (surgery tools), Ahmed (my student), Saif (my student)