This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Soda Soda!

Comments

• I'm a big fan of lemon flavored "gourmet" sodas that you can get in the posher grocery stores. ^_^
  • Sunkist Orange and Mango is my favourite :P
  • Vanilla Coke all the time. But, actual Vanilla Coke, not "Hey, I'm at Sonic, so let's get a Coke... with vanilla flavoring!" For some reason that just tastes like syrup to me.
  • Vanilla Coke all the time. But, actual Vanilla Coke, not "Hey, I'm at Sonic, so let's get a Coke... with vanilla flavoring!" For some reason that just tastes like syrup to me.
    When it's not one in the morning, I can walk down the supermarket, and just buy vanilla coke in the bottle.
  • My friend keeps telling me how great the Pepsi throwback is and how he buys a 6 pack a week and I honestly fear for his left foot. This stuff has so much sugar and just doesn't taste different.
  • My friend keeps telling me how great the Pepsi throwback is and how he buys a 6 pack a week and I honestly fear for his left foot. This stuff has so much sugar and just doesn't taste different.
    A 6 pack a week really isn't that much. And Isn't the caloric content the same anyway?
  • Ginger Ale is my thing...I love it. Hell, Ginger Beer is even better. I wish it were much less expensive though.
  • Ginger Ale is my thing...I love it. Hell, Ginger Beer is even better. I wish it were much less expensive though.
    Fucking Vernors is one of my favorite things ever. I can't believe I forgot about it. Also, how easy is it to find actual Ginger Beer?
    Fucking Vernors is one of my favorite things ever. I can't believe I forgot about it. Also, how easy is it to find actual Ginger Beer?
    I can only get it at this one deli I occasionally go to. It's Regatta Brand Ginger Beer. I'm tempted to order some different kinds of off Amazon, but...costs so much for just a 24-Pack. >_
    I can only get it at this one deli I occasionally go to. It's Regatta Brand Ginger Beer. I'm tempted to order some different kinds of off Amazon, but...costs so much for just a 24-Pack. >_<</p>
    Is it actual alcoholic Ginger beer, or just like really strong Ginger ale?
  • Protip: check the ingredients of your ginger beer. A surprising number of brands are just weak ginger ale with capsaicin added...
  • edited February 2011
    It's actually just really strong ginger ale. It has more flavor and citrusy zip. (I'll keep an eye out for that though, Rym)

But seriously, a Pastrami and Swiss sandwich with Ginger Beer? Win win win.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Stewart's Orange Cream Soda is the best.

I don't usually drink soda though, I prefer iced tea.
  • oh alright. I want to try some alcoholic Ginger beer, since I can't really stand actual beer. If you like Ginger Beer then try Vernors if you haven't. Its a pretty well known brand in Michigan and a few other states but I'm not sure about everywhere else. From what I've heard its a lot more like Ginger beer than ale. I can't get enough of the stuff even though its has corn syrup in it.
  • Vodka/Gin and tonic. :)
  • Gin and tonic
    Young nerd Jason thought a G&T; was Aegean Tea.
  • Ah mans, the week I decide to permanently cut soda out of my diet this thread goes up. Almost as if it's mocking me...
    Anyway, although I enjoy most sugary drinks, the one I will miss the most is of course:
    Ah yeah. (Although i can never really find anywhere in the city that sells it.)(although I haven't really tried much looking for it either.)
  • There is some pretty good Mexican apple soda at Meijer. I can't remember what it was called but it tasted just like carbonated apple cider.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm fortunate enough to have this store within driving distance.
    That man is awesome. You can just see the passion for soda in his eyes.
    Every time I'm in there, he's always walking around the store talking to people and making recommendations. He's a very cool guy.
    There is some pretty good Mexican apple soda at Meijer. I can't remember what it was called but it tasted just like carbonated apple cider.
    I've had something like that, was it Sidral Mundet Manzana Verde? It tasted exactly like green Jolly Ranchers. It was delicious.
    Post edited by Sail on
    I forgot about ginger ale. That is the only thing I will drink on an airplane :P

Also didn't think about it, but I tend to have more alcoholic drinks with ginger beer than anything else. My favorite bar serves a ton of drinks with it and they are all awesome. They used to have Regatta but now serve Gosling, which IMO is even better.
  • I don't think it was that brand but I know it was damn good.
    This is a pretty good brand of pop. Its fairly cheap for glass bottled pop, around 80 cents a bottle if I remember correctly, and its made with cane sugar. I've gotten it at Meijer but you can probably find it somewhere else fairly easily.
  • Thisis a pretty good brand of pop. Its fairly cheap for glass bottled pop, around 80 cents a bottle if I remember correctly, and its made with cane sugar.
    WTF is pop?
  • Thisis a pretty good brand of pop. Its fairly cheap for glass bottled pop, around 80 cents a bottle if I remember correctly, and its made with cane sugar.
    WTF is pop?

Couldn't resist..
  • People who say pop need to get the fuck out.
  • The only people worse than those who say pop are those who call all types of soda "Coke".
  • Those people are rednecks so they're intolerable to begin with.
  • People who say pop need to get the fuck out.
    Don't come to Michigan. A surprising number of people don't understand what I mean when I say soda. As far as the topic, Vernors, normal Coke, or Sierra Mist.
  • Most people in my beloved nation of Canada say pop almost universally. They all need to get the fuck out.
  • Don't come to Michigan. A surprising number of people don't understand what I mean when I say soda. As far as the topic, Vernors, normal Coke, or Sierra Mist.
    Last I saw, pop was the majority. Soda is confined to the eastern seaboard and parts of the west. "Coke" is purely a southern thing.