This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGfest X

Comments

• How did you memorize the whole of action castle?
    Read through it numerous times and play the game with yourself in your head a few times, then play a few times with the paper for practice (there will be a few things you forgot the first few times you run it!) You should be able to play it from your head after this, though you may opt to use only a hand-drawn map the first few times you go from memory.
  • MAGfest Feedback time! Fill out your forms post haste.
  • Nerf War...
    *twitches giddily..*
  • edited January 2012
    I managed to find an interview with Bit Brigade right before they performed their set at MAGFest.

Also in case you didn't catch it MAGfest made it on NPR.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • From the people that brought to you the PAX community DVD, comes their new Project of MAGfest X. Here is the Entire Earthbound Papas concert in 1080p from three angles.

• Video
    Aww Yea! Still pumped from MAGfest, can not wait until next year. However remember that person I told you all about that recorded everything music at MAGfest? All 48 of his videos (some panels and concerts) are now online here. So check them out!
  • Video
    What was that game with the red and black pegs at about 3:10?
  • edited April 2012
    Old thread, but in the magfest irc chat room on freenode and trying desperately to convince them to mail badges, going to need backup on this one.

Mailing looks like a no without someone explaining how much time they save. Also if anyone knows a lawyer to tell them the waiver/wristband thing is a bad idea there is a good chance they are ditching that system.
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • PAX Train may be here, but MAGfest hype is also fueling up.

Ok maybe not here, but other people sure. Now you can get a Free Indie Game Showcase now. You pay for admission to the con, table for four days is free.
  • I gotta start putting together my plans for Magfest, and preparing my body for 4 days of no sleep, drinking and gaming.
  • We're going to be there of course. Doing the Gaming Intellectuals series, plus a panel or two of our own.
  • I'll make better drinks this year.
  • I'll make better drinks this year.
    I might bring something special this year. A nice beer or wine or some particular variety.

• Anyone interested in taking advantage of the group rate or share a room together?
  • Quite possibly, but I'm not making decisions about that till post PAX.
  • I'd be interesting in sharing a room. I already got a ticket, but I haven't thought of hotel stuff yet.
  • I should probably think about reserving a hotel soon.
  • I've convinced many of my friends around where I live to come to MAGFest and we are planning on sharing a room. I'm gonna dedicate more time to hanging with FRC People. ^_^
  • I've got the hotel but I need to get tickets.
  • I need both a room and tickets. If anyone doesn't mind a party geek gothy girl in their room, hit me up!
  • I might be able to go in on a room if we share. Currently I have a plan "A" with some people I know but they have flaked on me in the past, if I can get a plan "B" with you guys I have no qualms.
  • Well, my "plan A" (the Facebook discussion) sorta fell through, so I definitely need some sort of alphabetically increased plan.
  • I have no qualms with a 5-6 person room for MAG, if parties are interested we can collect information and get shit organized. Also if we all register together we can get in for a group rate of $30 instead of the normal $40.
  • i havent registered yet, so phil & I are down to group reg.
  • Same here.
  • Ditto with the group reg, we need eight people to get the discount so we need four more people to take advantage.
  • In for group reg.
  • So are Nuri and I.