This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's Learn League of Legends

Comments

• I have two user names, My main account is yan89, I also have a smurf account which is rollingirony.
  • I have no intention of ever playing this game, but I have a skin code from a PAX swag bag in a drawer somewhere. If someone wants it let me know.
  • I have no intention of ever playing this game, but I have a skin code from a PAX swag bag in a drawer somewhere. If someone wants it let me know.
    What character/skin is it for? (I might want it)
  • I think it's a cardboard tube samurai. I'll look for it in the morning or tomorrow after work.
  • I think it's a cardboard tube samurai. I'll look for it in the morning or tomorrow after work.
    If you got it at PAX East, then it's PAX Jax. Which is good, because that's the better skin than PAX Twisted Fate.
  • edited August 2011
    I play LoL way to much, which doesnt explain why I suck, but im hidefinition in game
    Post edited by highdefinition on
  • For those starting out, I absolutely agree that LoL is better than HoN. HoN is way harder to play with less straightforward mechanics and way more emphasis on teamwork. Though as a competitive game, HoN is by far better with much higher skill cap and self satisfaction (at the price of a much more taxing learning curve).

I've played LoL about a 100 or so games on and off since release. From my experience, people dont rage that much in LoL. In fact, people dont communicate much at all. Not many people try to set up strategies or call for ganks. Its like everyone is playing a single player game by themselves, at least in the lower bracket you start in. Compared to HoN, no matter what bracket you play people will rage your pants off through chat and VOIP. Im up to play some LoL though, set up some times and a clan or something, lets do this.
  • Since I have recently started to play LoL, I' d be glad to join.
    My user name is Brandewein. And I'll probably play ... Brand.
  • Is this going down tonight? I'm on right now as Horthas.
  • Currently playing on EU servers.
    I'll join later.
  • We are one short. Waiting 2 more minutes then going.
  • I forgot, knitting party happened.
  • I don't even know what just happened. I was waiting to gank someone in the bushes, and then I was four levels behind with some rando asshole yelling at me in chat the whole time.

Learning is fun!
  • We dragged that out forever. I do think next time some sort of voice chat would help. I can call things out in text, but explaining things in detail isn't really an option.
  • The biggest thing is to keep your eye on the minimap.

If you don't see them, always assume they are close. There is safety in numbers (and I think gangplank is pretty squishy).

I totally forgot that Rammus has a taunt. So many times I was like "haha, now sit back and marvel as it make myself invulnera... hey, what are you doing kayle. NOOOOOOOO".
  • Oh, I would've been in this if I'd realised. I can play if you're playing another later.
  • edited August 2011
    no more tonight.

Do you guys want to make Tuesday a regular thing?

Also, how does Sat and Sunday morning work for you guys? I don't really sleep in so I could be around for like 730 or 800 in the AM (and again, that's Pacific).
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Sunday this weekend is D&D, so I will not be available. But I'm just one guy, of many.
  • I'll be available for real this weekend, like I said before, I forgot this conflicted with a pre-existing knitting fiesta. My TARDIS did benefit from time spent Black Dynamiting though.
  • I missed getting in on last night's game by all of 15 minutes. Yeah, I'd be a lot more available for the weekend - even the morning - since I straight-up have Sunday off. Not Saturday but hey, I don't have to be to work until 3:30 PM.

Gotta agree with Creamsteak, voice chat is a huge bonus. There's only so much that text chat and pinging the minimap can do. Skype is recommended, but if someone has a Teamspeak server that would work as well.
  • I'm good for Tuesdays, although my days off may be changing as I've requested to go to the graveyard shift.
  • Clearly the training is helping; I just went 15/5/5 and was the top player in my match for the first time ever.
  • edited August 2011
    nice, what did you do different?

Also, there is a replay program for LoL (since they don't support replays in game yet), which I'm going to start using.

League Replays
  • nice, what did you do different?
    I hung back a lot more and learned to stop trying to bomb enemy champs at lower levels. I worked at ganking and using Parrrrlay to boost my gold income and soon had a pretty killer item build (before level 10 I had a Trinity Force, Ionian Boots, and half of an Infinity Edge).
  • edited August 2011
    before level 10 I had a Trinity Force, Ionian Boots, and half of an Infinity Edge
    it's be nice to be the carry ;)

of course, making sure the carry is well fed and rich is how you win games, so I don't hold it against you (much).
  • before level 10 I had a Trinity Force, Ionian Boots, and half of an Infinity Edge
    Sweet, sweet Critplank. I prefer to go Tankplank, myself, but to each their own. Also, which half of the IE was it? (Please say B.F. Sword)
  • before level 10 I had a Trinity Force, Ionian Boots, and half of an Infinity Edge
    Sweet, sweet Critplank. I prefer to go Tankplank, myself, but to each their own. Also, which half of the IE was it? (Please say B.F. Sword)
    I wish BF Sword. Cloak+Pickaxe.
  • My favorite champion is probably Brand, since I love his nuking ability!
  • Mordekaiser es numero uno huehuehuehuehue