This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Let's Learn League of Legends

Comments

• Is this still going on weekly, or has it faded out?
  • no clue, haven't really had much of a chance to play.
  • I've also been hit with the OT / Deus Ex hammer and haven't had much of a chance to play.
  • I've also been hit with the OT / Deus Ex hammer and haven't had much of a chance to play.
    I'm betting that...You didn't ask for this.

eff that, I totally asked for these.
  • I play. add me. Zephoraa
  • Giving League another shot, playing against bots for now.

• Dufe, are you scoping that biptches CHOICE FIST?
  • You people with your leet hacking skills making it look like this thread has existed for a month when it's only, like, 1 hour old. Also, good people play on EUW.
  • I want to try playing this game because some of my friends play it and I hated on it a little bit but I want to know exactly what I am hating on exactly. If anyone wants to do it with me or play some learning games before venturing out into the LoL community at large, that'd be cool.
  • Here's my advice on interacting with any MOBA's community:
    Don't.
  • From everything I've seen from my friends who play League, I refuse to venture forth.
  • It can be a fun game, but really only if you play with people you know.
  • One thing that never seems to improve about playing with pugs: Even when the community learns all the minutia, mechanics, timers, characters, abilities, items, build orders, farming techniques, metagame, etc; They still don't grasp really fundamental universally applicable things like "communication and working together on a coordinated strategy is super effective." Forest, trees.
    Don't.
    Awesomenauts' community is too busy being chill and playing the damn game to be assholes. :P
    Don't.
    Awesomenauts' community is too busy being chill and playing the damn game to be assholes. :P
    Being lobotomized has that affect on people. /game community trolling forever

• So, I don't know if I'm just lucky, Riot's efforts at making the community not terrible are working, or the real toxicity doesn't kick in until higher levels, or what, but I've been running into some really constructive and helpful people playing LoL. As in, people who seem to "get" that not everybody who plays is super special amazing at the game, and occasionally offer advice in a way that's neither insulting nor angry.
  • It's better, but still not amazing. You still jerks who think they know everything about the "meta" and will get bitchy if you don't pick a counter for your lane.
  • It's better, but still not amazing. You still jerks who think they know everything about the "meta" and will get bitchy if you don't pick a counter for your lane.
    Oh, certainly. But it's less toxic and destructive than it used to be. I'm no longer afraid of joining a game and playing on maps that I'm not used to, or with Champions I'm not used to.
  • I dunno about that, just yesterday my friend got into a random non-ranked game where one player on his team insisted via chat that everyone follow his specific strategy. When everyone ignored him, he intentionally fed the opposing team and caused them to lose. That's, uh, shitty.
  • CounterStrike:GO's newish voting system has been very effective. Votes to kick merely under-performing players usually fail, while votes to kick teamkillers, AFKs, and racists usually succeed.

Rage quits are still a problem in all but competitive play, though.
  • Competitive mode for CS:GO has revitalized my love for the game.
  • Competitive mode for CS:GO has revitalized my love for the game.
    Aye. Though I've been playing demolition to force myself to rekindle deagle/pistol skills that are recently lacking.
  • I dunno about that, just yesterday my friend got into a random non-ranked game where one player on his team insisted via chat that everyone follow his specific strategy. When everyone ignored him, he intentionally fed the opposing team and caused them to lose. That's, uh, shitty.
    I didn't say it wasn't toxic at all. I just said it was less toxic than it was before. I had a fellow player get pissed off that we didn't surrender and started feeding. There's always going to be "that asshole".
  • So, I dunno if I've just accepted the craziness or what, but I've become fairly decent at unranked Lol as carries and tanks. The games are opaque as fuck at first, but right choices do eventually become obvious.
  • I've been getting way better at supporting and I just played a wonderful game of jungle Vi. Draft Pick is addicting as hell.
  • I've been getting way better at supporting and I just played a wonderful game of jungle Vi. Draft Pick is addicting as hell.

I'm god-awful at jungle, OK as Soraka-support, and good as Brusers or AD Carries and the occational mage.
  • I probably play more league than is healthy, attempting to get plat in ranked before the season ends.
  • I probably play more league than is healthy, attempting to get plat in ranked before the season ends.

I have a friend who's obssesed now with getting the Victorious Morgana skin.
  • What are your summoner names? Mine is Ledgermain. I jungle and top a lot. Hit me up for some games.