This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HP Kills WebOS

Comments

• Looks like I am not going to get the one I ordered from ONsale, FORTUNATELY, I went through my company supply site (insight) and got one! Coming tomorrow.
  • Looks like I am not going to get the one I ordered from ONsale, FORTUNATELY, I went through my company supply site (insight) and got one! Coming tomorrow.
    The one I ordered from onSale through Amazon still says shipping soon.
  • The one I ordered from onSale through Amazon still says shipping soon.
    Yea to actually get accurate info from them, you have to call onsale directly to get their tracking numbers which I haven't done.
  • edited August 2011
    The one I ordered from onSale through Amazon still says shipping soon.
    Yea to actually get accurate info from them, you have to call onsale directly to get their tracking numbers which I haven't done.
    Well, if it's not cancelled on Amazon, I assume I'm still getting it. If I don't get it, I'll give them a bad review on Amazon as punishment.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited August 2011
    I also ordered a $99 TouchPad from Barnes and Noble, but that transaction got cancelled. Unfortunately, I expect OnSale to do the same.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Since I ordered mine from the HP Small and Medium Business site between the 20th and 22nd, they said they're guaranteeing my shipment, w. free shipping, no less. Anyone who ordered from there after the 22nd, though, got boned. Damn, this whole thing is a clusterfuck, but maybe HP'll learn a thing or two about inventory systems from this.
  • The one I ordered from Barnes & Noble got canceled today, I got in when they still had plenty of stock, but it was put on hold because they noticed I lived outside the US so, they wanted to make sure I knew I couldn't buy E-books from them before I made the purchase, once I got in touch with them, I was told they had no longer stock...
  • Just got canceled. Going to punish them with a bad review now. Also, I've been signed up to that HP notify for awhile. If retailers really did return stock to HP, we'll see what happens.
  • How did you know your order was cancelled? Did they send you an E-mail?
  • How did you know your order was cancelled? Did they send you an E-mail?
    Amazon automatic e-mail.

Also, wtf. Why can't I leave feedback on an order that was canceled? That's bullshit.
  • With Hulu failing and a potential userbase of 300k new tablet users ready for action, I'm surprised they herped their derp this much.

Installed Ubuntu. Hulu can suck my technowizard dick.
  • With Hulu failing and a potential userbase of 300k new tablet users ready for action, I'm surprised they herped their derp this much.

Installed Ubuntu. Hulu can suck my technowizard dick.
    It's cool I'm sure we'll be hacking that soon enough...
  • Holy shit, my 32g Touchpad from onsale shipped!
    So did my brother's!
  • Isn't there a way to spoof the user agent so Hulu thinks it's going to desktop Chrome or something?
  • Oh, and let us know how Ubuntu works on your TouchPad, WUB.
  • Oh, and let us know how Ubuntu works on your TouchPad, WUB.
    Will do. Should be an intriguing project.
  • Okay, I found a patch that claims to change the user agent on the TouchPad. Use these instructions to apply it. I don't have mine yet, so I can't test it.
    Really?! I guess they had enough 32G's to go around.

Fuck.
    Really?! I guess they had enough 32G's to go around.

Fuck.
    Not enough for everybody, my order for a 32g was cancelled
  • :/ I think my chances of finding another place with this discount and actually getting one are pretty slim. I'm glad I already have an android tablet, even if it isn't as fancy.
  • Qualcomm's Android ROM for TouchPad just got dumped and uploaded to Rootzwiki. I couldn't get Ubuntu running properly, so I'll see if I can load Android tonight.
  • OH I just got my first of two of these suckers.
  • RootzWikiTHIS IS NOT A ROM YET GUYS STOP ASKING HOW TO FLASH IT!
  • Engadget reported that it was a ROM. Hence the confusion.
  • posting from my touchpad. Its actually pretty good so far without putting android on it.
  • I got one at the very beginning of my shift at work today, before the store opened, then proceeded to help ring out a bunch of them til we were all out at my Best Buy. Playing with it now. I'm very happy so far that it can play the American Le Mans races posted on their website.
  • edited August 2011
    I'm slowly beginning to figure out what file formats webOS likes by default since there doesn't seem to be a VLC type application for it yet(that I can find, anyway. If anyone else can, please let me know). One big issue that I'm hoping someone here can help me with is video. How can I get the thing to change aspect ratio? The thing isn't 16:9 so at least with the widescreen video I tried on it, the sides were cut off. I'd really appreciate any help or ideas.
    EDIT: I've found the button I need to get the aspect ratio right, it's right on the video timeline and I can't believe I missed it.
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • I hear that my local best buy still has some. They had them yesterday when my friend was buying her Android tablet. I'm hoping My mom will transfer funds into my account so tomorrow I can buy one for each of us. Was there any limit on how many you can buy for any of you guys?