This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Social Nudity

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Growing up, my family wasn't ashamed to be openly naked when getting ready and what not, so it's not that big of a deal.

If people want to be naked that's cool. It may take some getting used to, but I can accept it. As for myself, I prefer to only be bare skinned around the apartment or just walking around in my skivvies and shirt. I am 100% comfortable being naked around Jeremy. I have way too many insecurities with my body that I can never be comfortable around others.

The closest I get to be somewhat naked around friends is a tank top and really short pants when it's really warm.

• GeoGeo
    edited February 2012
    Why? Who would honestly want to see fat people nude?
    Just because it's not a view you share does not mean other people don't hold that view. You should know that by now. If you actually want to know the answer to your question, Google the term BBW.
    That was meant to be a rhetorical question, which was my own fault for not clarifying as such. Also, the lecture was not at all required. I'm not an immature punk kid (anymore), I'm just sharing my own personal views with no insult/offense intended. If anybody was either annoyed or offended by my comment, then I apologize. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

My views on social nudity are that I am totally fine with it, but I do feel that there it should be done in moderation (in terms of time and place). My reasoning in why I feel that should be how social nudity should be enacted (should our society get rid of this silly taboo on nudity in general) comes down to the inevitable happenstance that it will make people uncomfortable, which is not good from a social perspective.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Or some kind of butt caulk...

• edited February 2012
    I think it is a little strange that many people have trouble separating being unclothed from sexual stimulation. In Japan, Korea, and in countries like Finland, it is very common for people of the same gender to hang out in a bath or sauna, or for families to bathe together. I am not really bothered by being naked with my friends at the Korean Bath or in the sauna, but I was weirdly bothered when one of my friends offered to model naked at a drawing session at their apartment. I think it is because it's about staring at bodies and scrutinizing their form. I am fine doing it to strangers, go figure. In general I am pretty cool with being naked in front of people. I am relatively secure in my body, and I especially like to not wear a shirt. I am boxers-only girl at home.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Or some kind of butt caulk...
    [Crack Spackle]

• edited February 2012
    I think it is a little strange that many people have trouble separating being unclothed from sexual stimulation.
    I think the attitude of our country towards nudity and sexuality is strange - the attitudes of individuals are completely understandable given the attitude of people at large.

This is why I think more people should engage in group nude or semi-nude activities. At some point, the country will stop fucking caring about exposed nipples.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Dicks on TV all the time over here. No one cares.
  • edited February 2012
    The only reason why I wear a shirt at the beach is that people around me would freak out and make a big deal. I want to protest, but I don't want to be the center of attention.
    Dicks on TV all the time over here. No one cares.
    On HBO Game of Thrones, I was surprised how casually they throw in frontal nudity. It's a little refreshing.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I want to protest, but I don't want to be the center of attention.
    This is the core problem, of course. In order to make people not care about a thing, you have to make them pay attention to the thing long enough to tell them that they shouldn't care about it.

It's maddening.

Y'know, there's a no-pants subway ride in NYC every year, right? How about a shirtless stroll? Men and women walk around NYC topless. Carry a shirt so you can go into "no shirt, no shoes, no service" places.

It would get attention, but maybe it would get the right kind of attention to get people to stop caring.
  • edited February 2012
    Dicks on TV all the time over here. No one cares.
    Actually, they do - You can only show a completely flaccid penis. It's not about the cock, it's about the angle of the dangle.

Well, generally, anyway. Some have broken the rule, and it's not really a rule anymore, but it's rarely done either way.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • We try to avoid boners. They change the social context.

It's only a problem for those that believe that there is a problem. It's much like how someone's perception of "drunken behaviour" colours how that person acts when they are drunk.
  • I carry, not only several essentials (cell phone, wallet, tablet), but also a number of weapons with me at all times, so I require pockets. Aside from that, I don't have any real problem with social nudity, provided I am not the only one engaging in it.
  • I carry, not only several essentials (cell phone, wallet, tablet), but also a number of weapons with me at all times, so I require pockets. Aside from that, I don't have any real problem with social nudity, provided I am not the only one engaging in it.
    Duct tape - Solves all your problems.

Duct tape - Solves all your problems.
    I am a man of middle eastern descent. No. Unless you mean fashioning some manner of holster or pocketed vest from duct tape.
  • I am a man of middle eastern descent. No. Unless you mean fashioning some manner of holster or pocketed vest from duct tape.
    No, see, the idea is that you ducttape the items directly onto your body. I would suggest phone on your cheek and the wallet to the back of your left hand for easy access.
  • I am a man of middle eastern descent. No. Unless you mean fashioning some manner of holster or pocketed vest from duct tape.
    No, see, the idea is that you ducttape the items directly onto your body. I would suggest phone on your cheek and the wallet to the back of your left hand for easy access.
    Pretty much. Man Up, Sonic, it's only a bit of hair.

• Not a plan for me I'm afraid, duct tape does not come near my manly man body.
  • You should just live in Germany.
  • edited February 2012
    You should just live in Germany.
    **Shudder**

Shall I recount a canoeing trip that happened to pass a nudist colony?
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Masturbate before you go to the nudist place. Multiple times if needed. That will solve your random woody problem.
    I'm not an old man. My junk keeps going and going.
    Somehow I now can picture Scott's penis like the energizer bunny.
  • Somehow I now can picture Scott's penis [...]
    Uh.
  • I think it is a little strange that many people have trouble separating being unclothed from sexual stimulation.
    Sorry, I blame American culture, but it is what it is.
  • Somehow I now can picture Scott's penis [...]
    Uh.
    Yeah that's a bad sign in and of itself.

CURSE YOU SCOTT RUBEN!
  • Somehow I now can picture Scott's penis like the energizer bunny.
    Clapping a pair of tiny cymbals together?

• Battery operated?
  • Soft and fuzzy?
  • In many advertisements over a number of years?
  • In many advertisements over a number of years?
    He likes to mention his balls a lot but is oddly silent about his woody.