This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Social Nudity

Comments

• Kinda of a crazy thought here, but in a social nudist situation and you don't have a boner at a girl, is it like an insult. :P

Anyway, I always wanted to go to a nude beach or event. Luckily, I don't have a penis, so I never have to worry about my junk hanging up.
    Nah, most dudes and I assume most nudeists have probably developed some sort of mental fortitude to prevent those things from happening, though I guess usually that occurs when they are not paying attention to unintended consequences... That and I would assume if you are naked a lot around naked people it just becomes real normal like.

• I can't say that I've ever played naked beach volleyball, but I think it's odd that some people find it difficult to control themselves under those circumstances.
  • edited February 2012
    Kinda with Kate on this one. Sure, if Scott says or does some stupid shit, pile on, but when it comes to that side of his life, dude has his business, and he takes care of it how he pleases. I'm not gonna put shit on him for it, that's just going a little too far below the belt for my taste.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2012
    I see being bra-less as a big problem doing volleyball. Wish I was a flattie

As for the whole make fun of Scott thing. *shrug* Moderation. Learn it.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I see being bra-less as a big problem doing volleyball.
    I see no problem.
  • That and I would assume if you are naked a lot around naked people it just becomes real normal like.
    This is what I would expect. Same way you're not likely to pop a boner seeing random ladies on the street unless they're dressed particularly suggestively, or are particularly good looking.
  • It does get easier over time. As a first step be naked more often in the privacy of your own home. It's not just visual stimulation that leads to random woodies but also atmospheric. The simple act of walking around naked can lead to woodies just because of the new air flow you are experiencing.
  • I see being bra-less as a big problem doing volleyball.
    I see no problem.
    Then, clearly, you've never seen Viga.

In terms of social nudity, it's not an experience that I'd go out with the intention of having, but were it presented to me, I would participate with a minimum of chicken noises and aspersions on my manliness.
  • Kinda of a crazy thought here, but in a social nudist situation and you don't have a boner at a girl, is it like an insult. :P
    I'm with you on this! Erections are a natural part of life. Just go with it.

I'm with you on this! Erections are a natural part of life. Just go with it.

You would think this is the case, but as I understand it, boners at nude beaches are a big-time faux pas. It's a little weird how that works, especially for a community dedicated to "natural living," but there you go.

Social nudity isn't for me, but I can see how people could dig it. Nudism is just a slightly more eccentric geekery.

• edited February 2012
    Why do I read these threads...
    Post edited by Axel on
  • I like to hang out naked when I am in my room. Or when I am with a lady friend (doing non sex stuff). But I am afraid that (like several other men have already mentioned) that I would totally pop a boner like all the time around other people. And yes it is something natural, but so is farting.
  • edited February 2012
    Why do I read these threads...
    Gotta be comfortable with your gear, dude. It's just a part of life.
    [Boners are] something natural, but so is farting.
    This brings up a curious point. I'd be far more concerned about how my ass looks than about my junk or potential boners. I'm pretty familiar with how everything up front works and looks, but I'm a hairy, heavy dude. If I'm not having sex with someone, I'm not sure I want them seeing my ass. Insecure? Totally, but I don't really care.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Other solution is to be a nevernude ;-p
  • edited February 2012
    The hippie house I used to live in was pretty clothing optional. You get used to it after a while, though Nuri has a point: Clothing is good for keeping warm.

I've also been in situations where friends and I will be having a party, and someone decides to get naked, so we all join in. Those are fun parties. (EDIT: Note that only about 20% of those parties turn into some kind of sexytime. The majority of the time, people are just hanging out and possibly subtly admiring each other.)

WUB: I am also a little uncomfortable about the prodigious amount of hair on my posterior. Not sure how to get over this.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • I like nudity in private and I don't mind being around nude people in social situations; however, I really don't enjoy being nude in social situations. I can get over it for awesome Spa Castle outings and the like; however, I like having "social armor" of a sort that clothing provides. It is also hugely expressive (indicating to others how I am feeling/providing an incite into the aspects of my character I seek to project), inspiring (motivating me to project a certain side of myself), or function as a tool to help me manage some mild social anxiety. If I dress a certain way, it is easier to buy into my social role at a given time. If I am in work clothes, it helps keep me more subdued and less whacky. If I am dressed up for a night out with friends, it helps me feel more relaxed, confidant, and outgoing. If I am naked in my house alone or with Adam, it makes me feel more playful.
  • The hippie house I used to live in was pretty clothing optional. You get used to it after a while, though Nuri has a point: Clothing is good for keeping warm.

I've also been in situations where friends and I will be having a party, and someone decides to get naked, so we all join in. Those are fun parties. (EDIT: Note that only about 20% of those parties turn into some kind of sexytime. The majority of the time, people are just hanging out and possibly subtly admiring each other.)
    You had a pictorial in VICE. I'm not sure how your opinion should figure into this argument. ~_^

• edited February 2012
    In theory, I'm all for public nudity. I'd like to qualify that by saying that I think it should be a privilege and not a right. That is to say that fat people like me should never be nude in front of anyone else unless its sexy time. We fatties just aren't pretty to look at.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited February 2012

WUB: I am also a little uncomfortable about the prodigious amount of hair on my posterior. Not sure how to get over this.
    Me too... I guess I could buy some nair. But I have heard horror stories about stubble, sweat and chafing.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • In theory, I'm all for public nudity. I'd like to qualify that by saying that I think it should be a privilege and not a right. That is to say that fat people like me should never be nude in front of anyone else unless its sexy time. We fatties just aren't pretty to look at.
    There is a large community of people that would disagree with you.

• Me too... I guess I could buy some nair. But I have heard horror stories about stubble, sweat and chafing.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/fr0o5/

• WUB: I am also a little uncomfortable about the prodigious amount of hair on my posterior. Not sure how to get over this.
    Me too... I guess I could buy some nair. But I have heard horror stories about stubble, sweat and chafing.
    I feel like you could wax and be the brunt of many a joke, or just go full body hair (like going full beard, but gross). There's not really a good option. Maybe the Mangroomer?

• WUB: I am also a little uncomfortable about the prodigious amount of hair on my posterior. Not sure how to get over this.
    Hairy butts are not terrible things. They are just fine.

However, it's all about what you are comfortable with. If you're comfortable with your ass being hairy, then chances are most other people will be fine with it. If they don't like it, they don't have to look.

• edited February 2012
    Unless you are so fat that you have grown into an amorphous blob you can be naked around other people.

If you have become an amorphous blob then you're unlikely to find clothes that fit you and also get to be naked. It's just skin, we all have it.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • @WUB I don't think that is practical for butt cracks... Maybe cheeks and taking care of the wedding tackle. But to get into the butt....
  • @WUB I don't think that is practical for butt cracks... Maybe cheeks and taking care of the wedding tackle. But to get into the butt....
    You'd need some sort of purpose-built crack-shaving speculum.
    You'd need some sort of purpose-built crack-shaving speculum.
    Or some kind of butt caulk...
  • In theory, I'm all for public nudity. I'd like to qualify that by saying that I think it should be a privilege and not a right. That is to say that fat people like me should never be nude in front of anyone else unless its sexy time. We fatties just aren't pretty to look at.

Perhaps. That does not change the fact that no one should see *me* naked. :-P

Why? Who would honestly want to see fat people nude?

• Why? Who would honestly want to see fat people nude?
    Just because it's not a view you share does not mean other people don't hold that view. You should know that by now. If you actually want to know the answer to your question, Google the term BBW.