This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRC Forums Tekkit Server

Comments

• I made you an Admin on multicraft. You're listed under "Players" as one. Did I misspell your name?
    I'm not sure, but the easiest thing to do is log in and type /op and then my name. I definitely can't do much of anything though. :P
  • Okay, I fixed the OP thing, I just had to do it though the main OPS.txt file. I think that those permissions apply to Multicraft and mods that listen to it, not for the actual server permissions.

In any case, we now need to pick a starting location to setup a spawn point and maybe layout some plots if you guys want to, or we could just setup a simple spawn pad with a sign wall and let everyone build out from that on their own. I know I'm planning to build a bit away from the main "town".
  • Up to you and Bird, dude. I have no opinions. :-)

I do agree that I want a plot out of the way of the main traffic area, though. :-)
  • I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't have a main area, just a simple spawn pad with some torches around it so you don't get mobbed when you die. The players should be the ones to erect a town out of the earth. With machines and magic! (But honestly I'm open to whatever.)

We also have to option of letting players use the /home and /sethome commands so they can have their own spawn point. That's on right now.
  • I didn't know there was such a command. What's wrong with beds? ;-)

Yeah I prefer building everything from scratch (except maybe a cool spawn pad) rather than pre-populating a town. That's my vote.
  • edited July 2012
    Alright, the server is up and running!

IP: 75.127.2.160

Spawn in on the lovely brick pad and fight for your life! Located centrally between Ocean, Jungle, Tundra, Plains, and Swamp Biomes, so you have your choice of a prime location!
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Alright! My ID is snicketysnake.
  • Alright! My ID is snicketysnake.
    Added! I added everyone in the thread so far. Please post here with your username and I'll whitelist you too. Thanks!
  • edited July 2012
    vaguelyweird
    [spoiler="my little hell gardens"]

[/spoiler]
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • I'm too worn out from the show I just went to, so I'm going to get cracking on this tomorrow. Plans include a railroad station from the spawn point to take people to major cities and towns, and a Spawnville General Store with some basic items (food, stone tools, seeds) so that if you die in the wild, you aren't starting 100% from scratch.

Props to vhdblood for getting us going!
  • Thanks vhdblood for a ton of work on the server tonight. Despite all of it you still managed to build a ridiculous contraption in your house that I'll never figure out. :-)
  • I hope you're not sore that we shoestringed it without you Bird. :) I can't wait to see what you do. We may need to adjust the spawn a bit to accommodate all the bells and whistles.
  • edited July 2012
    It says I'm not whitelisted :(
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • I hope you're not sore that we shoestringed it without you Bird. :) I can't wait to see what you do. We may need to adjust the spawn a bit to accommodate all the bells and whistles.
    Nah, I ain't even mad, bro. I've seen Vhd's builds before. Dude can craft.
  • Don't forget to leave me a plot! I'm pretty sure my minecraft ID is just Ninjarabbi.
  • Need to make the /sethome and /home commands work for everybody, unless /home is cheating?

• Nah, /home isn't cheating. Not on Tekkit, where you can teleport your items back to your house with a magic chest and then kill yourself to return to your bed if you really wanted to.
  • Are you running villages? I really want to play with those and see them do shit which is hard on a single player game.

One way or another I may drop by and build. My user name is shiam in minecraft as well.
  • Can I get whitelisted? Username is apsup, with samll 'a'.
  • edited July 2012
    I can't connect. I must have forge build #1326+ (4096 fix). I used the Tekkit Launcher. What else do I need to do?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited July 2012
    Hit options on the launcher login screen, select "manual" build selection, change build to 3.1.1 in the drop down.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • Hit options on the launcher login screen, select "manual" build selection, change build to 3.1.1 in the drop down.
    Why is the newest build not the default!?!?!
  • Good question, I have no idea. I had to Google it to get on. :)
  • Night lasts too long. Hiding in someone else's house. Why did I have to login just as nigh was starting? Not time to even get a coal for a torch.
  • edited July 2012
    Hit options on the launcher login screen, select "manual" build selection, change build to 3.1.1 in the drop down.
    Forge updates super fast, and isn't always stable with everyone else's plugins. I imagine one of the other included mods doesn't like the newer forge.
  • Hit options on the launcher login screen, select "manual" build selection, change build to 3.1.1 in the drop down.
    Forge updates super fast, and isn't always stable.
    Just discovered the non-stable part. Crasho!

• edited July 2012
    I usually use magic launcher, because it catches most errros. However, I'm not familiar with tekkit, and if i can use ML.
  • Night lasts too long. Hiding in someone else's house. Why did I have to login just as nigh was starting? Not time to even get a coal for a torch.
    Night DOES seem to last a long time. I thought it was a change from my XBOX version, but maybe it's a server variable?

I haven't experienced client crashes, but the server restarts about once an hour. I emailed support but they're ignoring me on that one. :-)
    Night DOES seem to last a long time. I thought it was a change from my XBOX version, but maybe it's a server variable?
    I was thinking I knew how to set that, & then i realized i was thinking of skyrim's time settings. fail
  • I'm sitting at work, dying to get back on the server. *sigh*