This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What have you bought recently?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Are there any arduino NFC chips smaller than this? I want to make a little bluetooth-compatible NFC dongle that I can pair with an iphone app to do cool NFC things.

EDIT: Basically, I want to make this, but with bluetooth pairing rather than a plug-in jack.

EDIT2: I just got in touch with the FloJack people, to see if they had any thoughts on this. I think it'd be pretty cool.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • A tee shirt from the Dylan concert to prove I saw him (he's not gonna be around much longer), a new turntable, the AJJ sweatpants, and the last AJJ LP that I didn't own.
  • The new The Wild album just started accepting pre-orders, so I got that. Also, my AJJ order was shipped today.
  • Picked up a DSi on sale the other day for like $80 as an early birthday present, sort of. And bought a couple new knives because I have an
  • edited April 2013
    Picked up a DSi on sale the other day for like $80 as an early birthday present, sort of. And bought a couple new knives because I have an
    Derp, my internet failed me again. "an addiction."

Nothing fancy. Just a cheap little assisted knife, mostly to play with but it seems decent enough. And I ordered a Mora #2, thought they still haven't even shipped it out yet. It may not be as practical as some of the Mora's with synthetic handles but I just like the style.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • I bought me some new nerf: http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike-Elite-Rough-Blaster/dp/B009T45XN2

This latest generation of Nerf guns are fething awesome.
  • Razer Imperator.
  • In an extremely successful day at the junkyard, I managed to score two new(ish) Wing-mirrors for The Mighty Van, along with a rear-door handle for the interior(so I can finally stop opening it with vice-grips), and a set of replacement tail-lights. All of which I stripped from an old diesel Japanese import Nissan largo. No luck on body panels, obviously, the largo being a minivan people carrier sort of thing of a very different shape.

This is an extreme success, as opposed to just a regular-sized one because frankly, the van is as rare as hen's teeth. Getting mechanical parts is fine, I can just substitute or fabricate, but interior parts is near impossible.
  • I got Injustice for the WII U
    Pommeling bad guys has never felt so good! :P
  • My AJJ record arrived. It doesn't have a download link. What backwards age is this thing from?
  • I got Injustice for the WII U
    Pommeling bad guys has never felt so good! :P
    The comic it's based on is quite good too
  • The comic it's based on is quite good too
    I thought the comic was just something they put out as a prequel to the game.
  • I thought the comic was just something they put out as a prequel to the game.
    Could be, could be not. I enjoy reading Batman vs. Pissed Off Superman.
  • A great haul

I didn't exactly buy this from a store, I more or less took it off Pete and Nuri's hands (thank you Pete & Nuri). I say I made out pretty well all things considered.
  • Ahhh DNA2 what a guilty pleasure.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2013
    Ahhh DNA2 what a guilty pleasure.
    I don't think of it that way. It's not great, but it isn't terrible either. It's my first (and likely only) harem show. I don't need to see another one.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Ahhh DNA2 what a guilty pleasure.
    I don't think of it that way. It's not great, but it isn't terrible either. It's my first (and likely only) harem show. I don't need to see another one.
    Nisekoi just got an Anime - It's propably one of the better harem shows(for what THAT is worth) of the last few years, at least. While it's overall quality may be subject to some debate, it's definitely better than DNA2 - so you should check it out, I figure. Not like you've got anything to lose, since fansubs are the only option for it right now, if they're even around.

• Some new leather armour and a couple of swords. Should be arriving on monday which is kind of sweet. Need to see how they all go together and reverse engineer them.
  • 1TB drive for my PS3. Damn Sony and their 'free' PS+ games!
  • Stickers!!

• I might get the same basic bag that Scott has to replace my old medium-sized baggage.
  • edited June 2013
    I'm seriously debating making one of my first purchases (after I get a new job) be art prints from Journey.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • As a birthday gift to myself (and my gf pitched in), I got myself a Chrome messenger bag. No regrets.
  • $3000 worth of hail damage to my new car.
  • $3000 worth of hail damage to my new car.
    So you paid $3000 for someone to throw hail at your car?
  • Did they supply their own hail? If they charged you $3000, then they damn well better have supplied the hail.