This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Food War Fiasco Debate Challenge Debacle

edited September 2012 in Everything Else
So every couple months on every forum ever there is a little thread war on Pizzas (or how to cook a steak) it seems.

I offer unto this forum, a thread for just such a thing.

Behold, my personal "reminds me of home" pizza.

It's greasy, thin crust, St. Louis style pizza with provel cheese. It's from a place called Joe Boccardi's down in Eureka Missouri. He's been there forever as far as I'm concerned. Crusts are hand made every night, and the place does a ton of business. I've had a wide variety of pizzas, and they are good for all kinds of things, but this is the one I get cravings for once every couple years.

Comments

• It's official, best pizza in America is in Atlanta.

Suck it bitches.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm sorry, that looks like what would happen if a pizza had an abortion. This is pizza:

BEHOLD. SEVERAL ANIMALS ON ONE PIZZA.

EDIT: Damnit, Andrew. I can't compete with accolades (and such a slick YouTube video) like that.
    Post edited by SquadronROE on
  • Are we talking American pizza or Italian?
  • edited September 2012
    It's official, best pizza in America is in Atlanta.

Suck it bitches.
    I will have to stop by there next time I am up there.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Hey, I'm just happy when my dinner plans and my evening's entertainment agree with each other.

• Cheesecake is the best pizza.

Tomatoes are the best berry.
  • Cheesecake is the best pizza.

Tomatoes are the best berry.
    That sounds like an endorsement for Chicago-style, if I've ever heard one!
  • Are we talking American pizza or Italian?
    Whatever the hell you want.
  • I'm sorry, that looks like what would happen if a pizza had an abortion.
    It's admittedly a greasy ugly mess. Which is half of why it's fucking awesome.
  • Homemade pizza is fun to make, I made a huge mess when I did it. That will teach my parents right for buying me a cook book aimed at children.
    Oh and to settle the debate about best pizza, it is from Italy or from Naples to be precise, in a place that was just around the corner from our hostel. 3 Euros it was a for a margarita pizza and it didn't need toppings. Oh see nice.
  • I'm sorry, that looks like what would happen if a pizza had an abortion.
    It's admittedly a greasy ugly mess. Which is half of why it's fucking awesome.
    What are the green things? Green peppers?
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, green bell peppers. It's the Joe's special.

http://www.joeboccardis.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=59

And that's the NEW version of the website. The old one was quite hilarious at one time. I love the ridiculous "Voted #1 by our customers" on it.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on