This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mobile Games

Comments

• Spacteam is free? I'll try that when I get home.
    Its a local co-op only game just fyi
  • Holy crap, people are playing Tapped out? I'm all over that. My tag is GauntletWizard there, too.
  • Tapped Out was terrible. I hated it. And this is from a dude who regularly plays Battle Nations and Happy Street.
  • Bastion is $.99 right now in case anyone hasn't played it!
  • In some crazy news, my Simpson's Tapped Out game totally glitched in a good/bad way.

When I built Mr. Burns' mansion for some reason I got a hojillion XP. This caused me to level up many many times all at once, and I now have 160+ doughnuts for zero real dollars. That's awesome.

What's not awesome is that it still thinks I am level 25. Also, I need about a hojillion XP to get to level 26. If they ever come out with an update that gives you new stuff at level 26, I will probably never be able to reach level 26 in the rest of my life. Will screenshot soon.
  • Did you get that random slot machine donut thing? I got the same thing too! I got like 160+ donuts and built that donut shack thingy.

I told Jeremy about it and he didn't get it. I think you have to build the Burns house to get it. Plus having Smithers is awesome. I always assign him the task of "Whip It".
  • edited February 2013
    Did you get that random slot machine donut thing? I got the same thing too! I got like 160+ donuts and built that donut shack thingy.

I told Jeremy about it and he didn't get it. I think you have to build the Burns house to get it. Plus having Smithers is awesome. I always assign him the task of "Whip It".
    I got this thing when I built the Burns' mansion. I think it was supposed to happen once, but it happened a whole bunch of times, and I just kept raking in the doughnuts.

But now look at my XP!

I need a few hundred million XP to level up again. WTF.

314324540 / 796279688
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah, I got the same thing too. I'll tell Jeremy he needs to get the mansion going. He was so bitter I got all the donuts.

Yeah, I kept on getting the 3 donuts for the majority of that raffle thing.

So cool. Fucking need for donuts. Stupid in-app purchases. I won't buy them anymore.

Edit: I also wish you can assign whatever task for how long you want for your townspeople. I want them always outside roaming Springfield.

I think my favorite task is making Hipster Homer ride around on his Fixie.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Tapped Out got an update. Looks like the XP got fixed. I wonder if it corrected the donut "problem".

Also building the Wiggum house. I hope they have some sort of Choo Choo Choose you storyline once I get Ralph.
  • Super Hexagon is finally on Teh Android!

On the way home from work today, I got up to a little over 16s on Hexagon, and just over 10s on Hexagonest.
  • edited February 2013
    Well, Tamagotchi is on Android now. I wonder if they will put Digimon on there.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Le Havre is on sale on iTunes. I picked it up for 0.99. Stone Age is going on sale tomorrow, February 15th.
  • edited February 2013
    Tapped Out got an update. Looks like the XP got fixed. I wonder if it corrected the donut "problem".

Also building the Wiggum house. I hope they have some sort of Choo Choo Choose you storyline once I get Ralph.
    My XP was fixed, but it seems I actually have more doughnuts. In those screenshots I have 137. Now I have 143. I have still not paid even one penny for this game.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well, Tamagotchi is on Android now. I wonder if they will put Digimon on there.
    Good thing that Digimon is a Bandai property too so they might get it. I didn't realise what I had as a kid was a digimon until playing the first Digimon World games years later and seeing it in the introduction video.

It would be cool if they could get the battling done via NFC.

• On Twitter Mike Krahulik highly recommended Major Magnet for iOS. It's $1. I concur with his recommendation.
  • Brad Shoemaker had suggested Dungelot, which I downloaded the free version of. It's not super compelling, some may find it funner than I did, but I have to admit that there is something somewhat addicting about the game. You would probably get all the enjoyment you can out of the game from the free version.
  • Brad Shoemaker had suggested Dungelot, which I downloaded the free version of. It's not super compelling, some may find it funner than I did, but I have to admit that there is something somewhat addicting about the game. You would probably get all the enjoyment you can out of the game from the free version.
    Dungelot was fun pre-patch, as it was crazy hard and very much quick play. Post-patch I played one game that lasted over an hour, deleted it, never played it again.

• Ingress. Tell me about it.
  • edited March 2013
    Super Stickman Golf 2!

A polished gem in a sea of iOS mediocrity.

Play it.
    Love it.
    Post edited by InvaderREN on
  • Man, I got sucked into the original Super Stickman Golf so bad. I'm going to have to take the plunge on this one eventually but I don't think I can risk it right now. Hopefully there is an iPad version? I'm using an iPad 2 for anything iOS these days.

Noodlecake kinda bothered me, too. They used push notifications in SSG and their later game Lunar Racer to send me ads, which is a big time no-no in my book. Almost makes me not want to buy their new game out of spite.
  • Also, been hearing things about Ridiculous Fishing but no real details. Gonna look into it myself at some point but not right now. Any endorsements?
  • Also, been hearing things about Ridiculous Fishing but no real details. Gonna look into it myself at some point but not right now. Any endorsements?
    The trailer blew me away. I don't know anything more than that.
  • !@#$%^ iOS only.

I'm getting a goddamn iPhone next time I upgrade.
  • That Dungelot game is free right now and Infinity Blade 2 is on sale for like 3 bucks if you dont have it already.
  • Not buying Infinity Blade 2 considering I never beat 1.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah neither did I. I had gotten the first one for free then just bought the second one at the same time since it was like 99 cents at the time. I've played like none of the first one and opened the second app once. At the price of free Dungelot is a pretty decent waste of time.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • RIDICULOUS FISHING IS RIDICULOUS
  • edited March 2013
    RIDICULOUS FISHING IS RIDICULOUS
    DESCRIBE IT TO ME

I WANT TO LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOUR PLAYING

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
    My Google Reader feed just informed me that there is an article on The Verge that is saying it's good stuff.