This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Basesball

Comments

• Actually the Almanac would have been printed long before the Cubs reached the...
  • That made me chuckle.

You know what the broom is for!
  • Apreche said:

You know what the broom is for!

Winning the World Series.

Mets are going to win the World Series this year. It's going to be amazing. The 7 train will never be the same.

• Dat broom
  • The New York Mets are going to the World Series, and so am I.
  • Daniel Murphy's record is pretty crazy, and could easily keep going!
  • That's the sight of not an empty merchandise shelf but of a full bandwagon.
  • I'm rooting for the mets mostly because Jerry Seinfeld is a mets fan and Kansas City is a shitty Midwest city as far as I'm concerned.
  • Well I wanted the Mets to win so this has been a disappointment.
  • MATATAT said:

Well I wanted the Mets to win so this has been a disappointment.

You realize that video is from '86 when the Mets lost the first two games, but then won it all, right?
  • Apreche said:

Low expectations are the key. If you have hope, that's when you get disappointment.

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

You realize that video is from '86 when the Mets lost the first two games, but then won it all, right?
    Well I didn't watch the video and I'm hoping that happens, but I'm skeptical.
  • MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Well I didn't watch the video and I'm hoping that happens, but I'm skeptical.
    That's the secret. Hoping without expecting.
  • #lgm

Due to different daylight saving changes, the game started at only 1am my time, so I thought I'd watch the start of it. I fell asleep during the 7th innings, but checking the score this morning, I see I caught the interesting bits.
  • Went to the game last night and it was insane. Great time. In other news, I have attended the Met's two biggest playoff wins this year. I will be starting a GoFundMe campaign to attend today and tomorrow.
  • When are these good for nothing Millennials going to move out of their parent's houses, am I right? espn.go.com/blog/newyork/mets/post/_/id/112890/steven-matz-will-commute-from-parents-home-for-game-4
  • Matt said:

When are these good for nothing Millennials going to move out of their parent's houses, am I right? espn.go.com/blog/newyork/mets/post/_/id/112890/steven-matz-will-commute-from-parents-home-for-game-4

I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of grandpa Matz tonight.
  • I saw him in the parking lot, walking toward the VIP gate with his lady, during the NLDS. It made my day.
  • My, how tunes change when you combine the powers of slow, smart growth, with an open checkbook at the right time. The hype is real. Now to deliver.
    NY Post said:

"The Mets, hovering under a cloud of inferiority for so long, have emerged as a destination place. And why not? There's all that pitching. There's the NL pennant they'll raise toward the sky at Citi Field on April 8. And now, there is Cespedes, who did the most incredible thing Friday night: He left a huge pile of money on the table in favor of a lesser pile of money. He wanted to be a Met. That's not just a culture change. That's a full-blown metamorphosis."

• Enjoy it while it lasts. If they stink it up this year, this popsicle stand gon' get blown.
  • YESSSSSSS!!!! BIG SEXY!
  • The baseball bug has bitten me this year in a way it has not since...at least before I went to college. I signed up for the Minor League baseball streaming thing. I shall report back on its level of cool/suck.
  • The baseball bug has bitten me this year in a way it has not since...at least before I went to college. I signed up for the Minor League baseball streaming thing. I shall report back on its level of cool/suck.

I would get it and the nhl one, but they don't let you watch your own team. My team is the only one I care about. Works well if you live far away from your team, since it uses gps.
  • Apreche said:

The baseball bug has bitten me this year in a way it has not since...at least before I went to college. I signed up for the Minor League baseball streaming thing. I shall report back on its level of cool/suck.

I would get it and the nhl one, but they don't let you watch your own team. My team is the only one I care about. Works well if you live far away from your team, since it uses gps.
    The Minor League baseball streamer does check for location, but I'm far enough away from all the teams that I don't think I'm going to hit any restrictions. The service works perfectly but it's much more basic than the Major League version. The feeds aren't high def and you don't get a choice of commentary. I don't care about the commentary, but I'd like nicer feeds when possible. I know some of these teams are playing in the middle of nowhere where getting anything is a small miracle, but I'd like nicer resolution on the archives if nothing else. It is half the price of the MLB service for more teams, though, so I can't complain too much. It does work on computers and iOS devices, but you can't stream on Android, that version of the app is oddly underdeveloped.
  • Even when I lived in Beacon, the MLB thing didn't let me watch the Mets. I tested it once when in Seattle for a PAX to confirm it worked. Never paid for it again.