This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Basesball

Comments

• Apreche said:

Even when I lived in Beacon, the MLB thing didn't let me watch the Mets. I tested it once when in Seattle for a PAX to confirm it worked. Never paid for it again.

Probably because you can get whatever local cable station broadcasts the Mets in Beacon. The only minor league teams around here are the Lowell Spinners and the Brockton Rox, neither of whom are on TV unless NESN does a minor league baseball special.
  • Apreche said:

Even when I lived in Beacon, the MLB thing didn't let me watch the Mets. I tested it once when in Seattle for a PAX to confirm it worked. Never paid for it again.

Probably because you can get whatever local cable station broadcasts the Mets in Beacon. The only minor league teams around here are the Lowell Spinners and the Brockton Rox, neither of whom are on TV unless NESN does a minor league baseball special.
    I know south of Dedham doesn't really exist, but the Paw Sox are like, 20 minutes away. :P
  • Neito said:

Apreche said:

I know south of Dedham doesn't really exist, but the Paw Sox are like, 20 minutes away. :P
    They're longer than that from me but I watched the Pawsox on Sunday with no problem.
  • What's in that barcode? Should he be covering up the whole thing?
  • Starfox said:

What's in that barcode? Should he be covering up the whole thing?

Haha, yeah. You can probably read that barcode, re-create it, and then go collect the winnings before he does with a forged ticket.

Then again, that ticket is worth nothing, so...
  • edited May 2016
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • That's actually surprising. I thought it was a given that someone on earth was stupid enough to do that.
  • Well, I guess "ticket has been altered" doesn't necessarily mean "shopped". Maybe dude actually put down the cash and fucked up his piece of paper!
  • They actually bet 2 million and are embarrassed, so they lowered it to 200k in photoshop.
  • edited October 2016
    World Series is Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians. One Drought Must End!

Also, if Cleveland wins will Cleveland instantly go from city of sports-losers to city of arrogant assholes after winning two major league championships (plus a Calder Cup for the AHL Champion) within months of each other?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I mean, all we have to do in that case is remind them that they live in Cleveland.
  • Life is more fun if the Cubs lose. There's so much excitement and interest when a cursed team is doing well, and so much legendary storytelling if they keep losing. There are so many things in the Cubs history from the black cat game (go Mets!) to Bartman. How big a deal would those things be if the Cubs didn't have this epic history of losing?

Look at Boston. They went absolutely crazy when they finally won. It was great. But what now? Now they are no different than any other team. No more legends. The epicness is gone. If they win again, it's no different than any other team. If the Cubs win, the fans will be even more insane than the Sawx, which will be awesome, but starting next year all the magic will be gone.

That being said, I think I do actually want the Cubs to win. Because having a disgusting racist team win is even worse. And while it will make a loss for the long term, I think 2016 can use some crazy partying in the short term.
  • Nate Silver said they're more likely to end the curse than not end the curse.
  • Tonight is peak baseball.

It's all downhill from here.

So we're gonna run out soon? Shit.
  • Rochelle said:
    Call James Randi. We found a real psychic.
  • That was the day Cubs signed Maddon apparently.
  • Enjoy it while you can Cubs fans, because now you're just another boring as fuck team nobody gives a shit about. You got a trophy but you're no longer legends.
  • Apreche said:
    Apreche said:

Then again, that ticket is worth nothing, so...

So, Scott?
  • Apparently I'm not psychic like some people. Also that ticket was fake.
  • That ticket was indeed fake.
  • That game would have not been nearly as exciting if the cubs would have relieved their relief pitcher. Those were some amazing bungles.
  • Genki Sudo is the best.