This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Most amazing sandwich ever

I dare any of you guys to try this because I did and it was awesome. The sandwich consists of two waffles for the bread, striped bacon for the meat, mozzarella processed cheese slice, and thin apple slices (inside of, not on the side). If you like it or don't like it, I want to hear your opinions (although attempt to try it first).

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Learn how to write better and people will care about what you have to say.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited September 2008
    The best sandwich ever is a ton roast beef on an onion seasoned bun with provolone and goat cheese, all heated up to steamy deliciousness. The goodness contained within that sandwich remains unmatched by any sandwich I have yet consumed, let alone one made of waffles and apple slices.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited September 2008
    MADNESS, UTTER MADNESS!

The best sandwich ever is one prepared by the caring, infinitely skilled hands of an Official Sandwich Maker, preferably using Perfectly Normal Beast.

EDIT: Actually, who here has had beef-on-weck? I'd like to try it sometime, as it sounds delicious.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • The best sandwich ever is called the Gasm. It consists of a breaded chicken cutlets on a toasted garlic bun with bacon, melted cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing. It is WONDERFUL.
  • Cream cheese and turkey on German dark wheat bread.
  • The Monte Cristo is the best sandwich ever.
  • We've made other threads about sandwiches. FYI
  • I submit that really good hot pastrami, on quality rye bread, with a grainy deli style mustard, is the greatest sandwich that man can make. None of your fancy shit; just good meat on good bread with good mustard. I've already talked at length about sandwiches, so I'll just leave it at that.

Well, OK, one last thing. I prefer to have my reubens with coleslaw instead of kraut.

This reminds me that I need to re-make my sourdough starter and get baking again.
  • Haven't we already had a Pair of threads about this?
  • The Monte Cristo is the best sandwich ever.
    I refuse to make a joke about The Sandwich of Monte Cristo.
  • jccjcc
    edited September 2008
    Haven't we already had aPairofthreadsabout this?
    Actually, no. A lot of people only read the title and skimmed the post, and then started talking about their favorite sandwiches. The original idea appears to have been to see if anyone could be convinced to try an apple bacon waffle sandwich with cheese and to report back on it. :)
    Post edited by jcc on
  • The best sandwich you can make out of waffles is a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two warm waffles.

Since best sandwich is completely subjective, I'd have to say the best sandwich I can think of is roast beef and muenster cheese on a pumpernickel bagel with mild horseradish dressing. Lettuce and Tomatoes can be added to it for a little something extra.
  • I think if the apples were cooked and the cheese wasn't "processed" this could be quite tasty. I'm a fan of provolone in the morning, but that's me.
  • edited September 2008
    There was one summer when I was completely obsessed with the idea of taking leftover Chinese food and eating it on microwaved Eggos. I'm still not sure where that came from, but it never really worked out. At all.
    Post edited by rhinocero on
  • Learn how to write better and people will care about what you have to say.
    I apologize for my shitty english. Anyway, I fixed it. Happy.
  • edited September 2008
    I apologize for my shitty english. Anyway, I fixed it. Happy. Happy?
    Work on grammar and we will be.
    Just messing with you. Welcome to the forum.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Ebb sandwich #16546546

Take two hamburger buns and lightly toast them. Use that leftover potato salad you didn't finish from the other night. Apply liberal amounts of mustard to said potato salad. Now grab yourself two or three turkey slices and fold them in half. Take your toasted buns and dab some mayo on each side. Lay the turkey slices on the bottom bun. Scoop out that potato salad and lay it on those turkey slices. Cover it up with the top half bun. Eat.
  • Apple or pineapple baby food makes for suprisingly good Jaffals
  • Didn't we have this thread a while back? Oh well, Peanut butter and bacon is always good with a cold glass of milk. Also the Spanglish sandwich is really good as well, there is even a clip of Adam Sandler learning how to make it....here it is.

• Seriously, try a moistmaker this Thanksgiving. You won't regret it.
  • edited September 2008
    There was a pull-pork sandwich that is to die for at the Wisconsin State Fair.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • A salmon, onion and cream cheese sandwich is what I love the most.
  • I like roast pork sandwiches with stuffing, but they're pretty hard to find in Southampton.
  • Nifty Fifties had an amazing burger with cheese and onion rings, however instead of ground beef it was fillet minion! Sooooooo good.
  • We only went there once, but I have to say the alumni grill in Wildwood, NJ has the best sandwiches, on paper.
  • I have to say the alumni grill in Wildwood, NJ has the best sandwiches, on paper.
    My burger had cheese sticks instead of cheese and onion rings instead of onions.
  • There is a thing here in CR that is sold only by one shop like 4 hours a day, its called a "Pira", its steamed burger buns, with 2 beef patties, chorizo, 2 deep fried tacos, cabbage(the shredded one you put on the tacos), cheese, "sobritos" (odd pieces of grilled steak, chicken, pork), a few slices of tomato, grilled onions and pickles. They go for about $2.50. Sounds like too much going on, but its quite tasty.
  • There is a thing here in CR that is sold only by one shop like 4 hours a day, its called a "Pira", its steamed burger buns, with 2 beef patties, chorizo, 2 deep fried tacos, cabbage(the shredded one you put on the tacos), cheese, "sobritos" (odd pieces of grilled steak, chicken, pork), a few slices of tomato, grilled onions and pickles. They go for about $2.50. Sounds like too much going on, but its quite tasty.
    $2.50! I paid over $3 for a water at the baseball stadium.
    That sounds so tasty, but it clogs my arteries just reading that, especially the chorizo part.
    $2.50! I paid over $3 for a water at the baseball stadium.
    Minimum wage here is about $210, so that would be like 1% of your salary. But still its pretty darn cheap (a bottle of water here is $0.75)