This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Game Salad

edited March 2009 in Video Games
Game editor for the Mac no programming knowledge necessary. Games look pretty cheesy even still this would be great fun to make a lot of one shot joke games.

3WuvF9VRBBY

e5IwcnlT7NU

Comments

• These sorts of things can't make a professional game that actually sells and makes money. But, like Love, they allow just about anybody to make a game for the sake of it. Remember, Barkely, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden was made with Game Maker.
  • These sorts of things can't make a professional game that actually sells and makes money.
    You'd be surprised. I've seen people make money off of RPG maker games. It's not the type of crowd that you'd want to sell to though but It can be done.
  • These sorts of things can't make a professional game that actually sells and makes money.
    You'd be surprised. I've seen people make money off of RPG maker games. It's not the type of crowd that you'd want to sell to though but It can be done.
    Really? For serious? Are they making enough that its their only job?
  • edited March 2009
    Scott wants to make games for his job. He is sad. Emily and Alex make games and he's all tsuntsun and acts like he doesn't care.
    He wants to try to make games all by himself.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • He wants to try to make games all by himself.
    Will we get invited to the party with the Aliens?
  • Emily and Alex make games and he's all tsuntsun and acts like he doesn't care.
    Whahahaha-*imagines*
    "It-it's not like I want to make games or anything."
    -hahahahahahaha.
  • You shouldn't automatically write off simple game development software like Game Maker. I mean, look at Knytt Stories. That was made in Multimedia Fusion!
  • You shouldn't automatically write off simple game development software like Game Maker. I mean, look at Knytt Stories. That was made in Multimedia Fusion!
    Don't forget I Wanna Be the Guy.
    Don't forget I Wanna Be the Guy.
    I didn't, but IWBTG feels a lot more hacked together than Knytt Stories so I left it out of my post.
  • Ahhhhh IWBTG. That was a fun game. It wasn't really the greatest demonstration of Multimedia Fusion though, or any such platform, except when it comes to the ability to manifest pure evil (such as getting squished by a fake error message). However, it does show that the essence of a game can quite easily be conveyed in spite of, or sometimes because of, the tools used to make it.