This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wii overseas

edited November 2006 in Video Games
While at AAFES, which is the store on military bases, they received the Nintendo Wii yesterday. However, they are not selling them. They have decided that it would be a wonderful idea to raffle off, who has the chance to buy one. Does this seem wrong to anyone else. They did the same with the PS3 yesterday, and there was a bit scuffle over it when someones name was called off twice for two different PS3s.

Basically what I am wondering is: Is it wrong to enter more than one time in the raffle?

Comments

• While at AAFES, which is the store on military bases, they received the Nintendo Wii yesterday. However, they are not selling them. They have decided that it would be a wonderful idea to raffle off, who has the chance to buy one. Does this seem wrong to anyone else. They did the same with the PS3 yesterday, and there was a bit scuffle over it when someones name was called off twice for two different PS3s.

Basically what I am wondering is: Is it wrong to enter more than one time in the raffle?
    This is entirely up to the people running the raffle. If they let you by more than one raffle ticket, buy as many as you want. When this is an option, I often use it as a means to acquire goods at discount prices. For example, the anime club was raffling a $20 wall-scroll I wanted. I purchased $10 of raffle tickets and put them all in for the one wall-scroll. Sure, my chances of winning were not 100%. However, they were damn good, and I essentially bought the scroll for half-off.

It's awesome that the military gets Wiis. Hopefully whoever buys it will have a party and let everyone play. After the holidays Wiis should be easy to get. If you don't get one by then, maybe your friends or family in the states can ship one to you.
  • I essentially agree with Apreche. The cost of not winning would also have been much higher for the guy who bought more than one ticket, especially if others bought more than one ticket. It basically evens out. A system where you can buy more than one ticket might become problematic if many people buy many tickets (and of course most and perhaps all of those people get no return) but that's their own fault. :D
  • I'm not sure I'd fuck with people who wanted Wiis or PS3s and who have access to guns.
  • No it cost nothing to enter, it is to see who gets to buy the Wii and the PS3.
  • Huh, well, then the person with multiple entries is a jerk for entering more than once and the store is entirely daft for not putting a limit on entries. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep a record of who has already got a ticket.

What did they do about it in the end? Did s/he even want both the PS3s?
  • No it cost nothing to enter, it is to see who gets to buy the Wii and the PS3.
    If it costs nothing to enter, and they let you enter multiple times, I would enter as many times as I possibly could. Either I would be guaranteed to win, or the store would realize they need a one entry per-person policy.