This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Am I the only person that actually likes candy corn?
  • It's like almost at the bottom of my candy list, but It's not something that I will outright decline. Any (black) licorice flavored item and cinnamon/hot cinnamon flavored items will make me spit out whatever it is. If it's ACTUAL cinnamon or a sugary cinnamon, like what you'd find on a cookie or in cider, I'm okay with that.
  • MATATAT said:

It's like almost at the bottom of my candy list, but It's not something that I will outright decline. Any (black) licorice flavored item and cinnamon/hot cinnamon flavored items will make me spit out whatever it is. If it's ACTUAL cinnamon or a sugary cinnamon, like what you'd find on a cookie or in cider, I'm okay with that.

I agree with the candy corn, but cinnamon flavor is awesome, and black licorice is the best.
  • I give all the Cinnamon and Licorice Jelly Bellys to my girlfriend because she'll eat them.
  • MATATAT said:

I give all the Cinnamon and Licorice Jelly Bellys to my girlfriend because she'll eat them.

Are you saying she has bad taste?
  • I'd call it compatible taste.
    \
    THIS CENSORING HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!
  • That is, literally, the worst produced commercial I have ever seen.
  • A guy opens an alpha starter pack of Magic the Gathering.

• HMTKSteve said:

Halloween is coming up. I would like to remind the public of the Contractual Stipulations for Trick or Treating, because some folks seem to have forgotten them.

"I will hand out Candy to Deserving Individuals in Costumes Until the Prescribed Time."

Legal Definitions of each Term Follow:

1. "Candy" is defined as store bought, individually packaged sugar based comestibles, located on aisles 6 and 7 of the local Smith's store. This can include, but is not limited to: Tootsie Rolls, Hersheys, Twix bars, Peanut Butter Cups, and Candy Corn. These will not be full sized bars, because I don't like other people's Deserving Individuals that much.

2. "Deserving" individuals meet the following criteria:
    a) Homo sapiens of either gender, visually appearing to be aged 13 or younger.
    b) Will introduce themselves with "Trick or Treat".
    c) "Adding Smell my Feet" or something similar automatically guarantees Candy Corn.
    d) Anybody over the apparent age of 13 automatically get candy corn, best case. A hairy eyeball is also a possibility.

3. "Costumes" are defined as 'obviously an attempt to appear to be something other than a normal human child.' Apparent price/effort paid to achieve this appearance will not be a factor, just that a good faith attempt was made.
    a) Child will also be carrying a plastic pumpkin or plastic bag with Halloween images on it.
    b) Children bearing pillow cases may receive Candy Corn, at my discretion.
    c) The really well costumed kids will get my prized Twix Bars.

4. "Prescribed Time". One of the following, whichever occurs first:
    a) 8 pm PST,
    b) Run out of candy, or
    c) Two successive groups of teens show up at my door.

I will issue sufficient warning of impending Prescribed Time by
    a) Turning off our light
    b) Turning on our sprinkler system.

Took that from a friends facebook post.

I would like to add that the phrase "Yo gimme some candy," is not an adequate substitute for "trick or treat."
  • I would also like to add if you come knocking on Halloween to my house you will be sprayed with a garden hose before you finish your first syllable.
  • What an amazingly well adjusted cat. My cats would never sit still that long and if they even get outside they either run off or hide.
  • That's no moon...

Oh, wait. Yes, it is.
  • HMTKSteve said:

What an amazingly well adjusted cat. My cats would never sit still that long and if they even get outside they either run off or hide.

With cats you just have to put in a bit more effort initially to gain their confidence, once you have it, they are as easy to train as dogs.

My two respond to names, sitting, understand normal house rules, commands for jump and stay. Also I trained my male to only eat on command. They both also like to roll over and have their bellies rubbed (something most people associate with dogs).

It also depends on if they are used to lots of strangers or not.

People have a preconception of how differently they are supposed to treat different animals which results in a self fulfilling perception.

The cat in the video, I agree, is incredibly well trained.
  • edited October 2014
    Oh my god this is hilarious.

Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Daikun said:
    I had an Ebola joke ready but, you probably wouldn't get it.
  • I understand that some people here are fans of New York City. Today Urban Layers came across my Facebook feed. It's an interactive map that shows when every building in Manhattan was built by decade.
  • Posted Avenger Age of Ultron teaser trailer. Went into approval limbo.

Seems to happen more often now.
  • When less is more.