This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Why don't e-mail notifications work?

Is it me? Is it the forum?

Comments

• Finally, someone else with this problem! I asked Apreche to look into it, but nothing ever came of it.
  • Guys. I used to host the forum myself. That hasn't been the case for over a year. Vanilla now takes care of everything. I have no control over any technical matter relating to this forum except for the few things that are in the moderator controls. I can not help with any of these sorts of issues. There has been a lot of asking lately, but I really can not help you.
  • ::SADNESS::

Thanks for the info!
  • Apreche said:

Guys. I used to host the forum myself. That hasn't been the case for over a year. Vanilla now takes care of everything. I have no control over any technical matter relating to this forum except for the few things that are in the moderator controls. I can not help with any of these sorts of issues. There has been a lot of asking lately, but I really can not help you.

You may want to add that to the Forum rules thread to prevent future confusion.
  • Apreche said:

Guys. I used to host the forum myself. That hasn't been the case for over a year. Vanilla now takes care of everything. I have no control over any technical matter relating to this forum except for the few things that are in the moderator controls. I can not help with any of these sorts of issues. There has been a lot of asking lately, but I really can not help you.

People read those?

• No, but you'd be able to call them idiots for not trying to find your canned answer in the obvious place to look.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

People read those?

In theory.
  • Reply from Vanilla
    I cannot check a customers settings without the authorized account holders permissions. If the forum has notifications on, and the permissions to allow members to get emails set, you should receive notifications. Check your spam/notification filters. Its worth noting that some email providers may block emails completely due to frequency, especially if you have a lot of threads bookmarked.
  • Reply from Vanilla

I cannot check a customers settings without the authorized account holders permissions. If the forum has notifications on, and the permissions to allow members to get emails set, you should receive notifications. Check your spam/notification filters. Its worth noting that some email providers may block emails completely due to frequency, especially if you have a lot of threads bookmarked.
    I checked all the settings. There is nothing set that would indicate that notifications are not enabled.