This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Ten Thousandth Discussion

is this one.

Comments

• Hooray! Rym is taking all us out to Disney World! Whoo whoo
  • You can really see Pete has stepped up his maturity.
  • Apreche said:

Yeah, we made this seperate forum here for the teeming masses we hope will listen to the podcast and other content we will put on frontrowcrew.com. It's a much slicker and more impressive forum software than phpBB or others, and I'm hoping that fact will keep people using it.

Ha ha. "Other content on frontrowcrew.com"
  • I got really drunk last night and now my hands are shaking.
  • Apreche said:

Yeah, we made this seperate forum here for the teeming masses we hope will listen to the podcast and other content we will put on frontrowcrew.com. It's a much slicker and more impressive forum software than phpBB or others, and I'm hoping that fact will keep people using it.

Isn't the video content pretty much as if not even more popular than the podcast itself these days. And those are posted on the front page as well, so it counts.

• *blows party favor*
  • Apsup said:

Apreche said:

Isn't the video content pretty much as if not even more popular than the podcast itself these days. And those are posted on the front page as well, so it counts.

I think Scott meant content other FRCs were going to have you there. IIRC, Frontrowcrew.com was supposed to be a hub for a bunch of people's projects, but Scrym wound up being the only ones who used it.
  • edited June 2015

I got really drunk last night and now my hands are shaking.

Happens to me sometimes too. Don't know what causes it(specifically, I mean, not the whole hangover thing, that's usually pretty clear - Or a bit fuzzy, as it were), but it usually stops after a big greasy feed and some sweet coffee.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I got really drunk last night and now my hands are shaking.

I feel like this isn't where this was supposed to go.
  • Isn't that only supposed to happen when you don't drink?
  • Churba said:

Happens to me sometimes too. Don't know what causes it(specifically, I mean, not the whole hangover thing, that's usually pretty clear - Or a bit fuzzy, as it were), but it usually stops after a big greasy feed and some sweet coffee.
    The shaking occurs because of the high release of insulin to deal with the incoming glucose when you start drinking. The insulin continues to use up any residual glucose (the body responded with too much insulin due to the sharp increase in glucose).
    Normal levels of glucose are used up and you start showing signs similar to a diabetic who has taken a shot of insulin but not eaten enough or anything.

Supply the insulin with something substantial like a "big greasy feed" and you start feeling normal again.
  • sK0pe said:

Churba said:

The shaking occurs because of the high release of insulin to deal with the incoming glucose when you start drinking. The insulin continues to use up any residual glucose (the body responded with too much insulin due to the sharp increase in glucose).
    Normal levels of glucose are used up and you start showing signs similar to a diabetic who has taken a shot of insulin but not eaten enough or anything.

Supply the insulin with something substantial like a "big greasy feed" and you start feeling normal again.
    Wait, so that's why greasy food seems to help with a hangover? Everyone always says that it "soaks up the alcohol" but that only ever seemed like a small part of it since that should only affect the alcohol that hasn't been absorbed yet, which shouldn't be much by morning.
  • My buddy with an MD explained that at some point to me but I had forgotten why until sk0pe explained. If I've been drinking pretty heavily the night before sometimes it feels like I had a cramp in my leg sort of.
  • Palinka is Hungarian devil drink. I was possessed by a demon and it made my hand shake.
  • So you shook hands with a devil?
  • sK0pe said:

You can really see Pete has stepped up his maturity.

I can see you've stepped up YOUR MOM.

Wait, the fuck does that even mean?

• sK0pe said:

Churba said:

Wait, so that's why greasy food seems to help with a hangover? Everyone always says that it "soaks up the alcohol" but that only ever seemed like a small part of it since that should only affect the alcohol that hasn't been absorbed yet, which shouldn't be much by morning.
    It's less of the greasy food and more that you are supplying the body with some lasting glucose sources rather than just sugar. e.g. I would often get a kebab after drinking a lot at a club or bar, I get carbohydrates, fat and protein which filled my stomach, it's slower to turn into glucose in the blood but just enough so that I have a more sustainable source of glucose to allow normal body functions and satiate the insulin in the bloodstream so it doesn't suck up all my blood sugar.

Wait, the fuck does that even mean?

See how mature you are now? It's like I'm talking to a menopausal woman (your Mum).
  • The first two thirds of the latest Muse album is really great, some of the best catchy rock stuff they've done in a decade. And then the last third is soooooo terrible. I don't think I've ever heard an album that is so lopsided. It should get the "best album until you ruined it" award.
  • I didn't even realize there was new Muse content. Music is never really on my radar, so thanks for the heads up!
  • Stop listening at the end of track 9. Really. The rest is utter garbage. Then go back and listen to Origins of Symmetry again instead.