This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is That a Switch Ax in Your Pocket?

2»

Comments

• So Generations is out. Anyone got it yet? I'm probably gonna grab it tonight and embark on a new generation of dino-murder.
  • I'm seven hours in and almost done with gathering quests. You'd think monster hunter would involve hunting monsters? Nope. Fetch 20 ferns.
  • ThatGent said:

I'm seven hours in and almost done with gathering quests. You'd think monster hunter would involve hunting monsters? Nope. Fetch 20 ferns.

That's one of the reasons I loved Jho in 3U.

"Oh fuck me, another gather qu-HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

But yeah, fuck fetch quests.
  • Capcom has made plenty of beneficial QoL changes to the series, why can't they fix the one glaring barrier that make most people return it?
  • So Generations is out. Anyone got it yet? I'm probably gonna grab it tonight and embark on a new generation of dino-murder.

I played the demo, and the camera controls shat me up the wall, so I abandoned it after about ten minutes.
  • Churba said:

So Generations is out. Anyone got it yet? I'm probably gonna grab it tonight and embark on a new generation of dino-murder.

I played the demo, and the camera controls shat me up the wall, so I abandoned it after about ten minutes.
    The game is objectively better on the N3DS where you can control the camera with the nubbin instead of shitty touchscreen controls.
  • Neito said:

Churba said:

So Generations is out. Anyone got it yet? I'm probably gonna grab it tonight and embark on a new generation of dino-murder.

The game is objectively better on the N3DS where you can control the camera with the nubbin instead of shitty touchscreen controls.
    Oh yeah, I have one. Still annoyed the shit out of me. I might pick it up again in future, but for now, nah.
  • The nub is ass, but using the extra shoulder buttons for camera is my preferred way. But I do hope that Nintendo would at some point learn to put proper dual analog-stick setup on their portable systems.
  • Apsup said:

The nub is ass, but using the extra shoulder buttons for camera is my preferred way. But I do hope that Nintendo would at some point learn to put proper dual analog-stick setup on their portable systems.

Probably the only reason I'm excited for the NX right now. I'm almost sure that the monster hunter team is working on a title for it, explaining the reuse of old locales for Gen. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I got from the whole thing.

I've been so bummed at not having the capital to get on the Generations train on day one, now most people are miles ahead of me. I'll catch up though. :)
  • Gitting gud is an unending road. It matters not when you embark, because you will die on this road.

Scrub.
  • I got into Generations train day one, but then there was Overwatch and new PS4 and Bloodborne and suddenly I realized that I've barely played the game.
  • Aerial style has rekindled my love of the hammer.

Also, I think I love the new upgrade system overall. Seems annoying for armor from what I'm reading, but it also seems that spheres aren't quite the insurmountable wall they once were.

The ability to upgrade any weapon to a viable endgame seems neat as heck. So I can find that hammer sprite I really like and it'll still be useful!
  • When I tried areal style in the demo it just felt off for me. Adept hammer is my jam though. In 4U I used evade+2 a lot and I think adept gets some extra i-frames for evasion as part of the package and I do like that the bonus attack you get from proper evasion is a charge so I can follow the monster while with other weapons you are glued to ground and thus ten meters from the monster.
  • Gitting gud is an unending road. It matters not when you embark, because you will die on this road.

Scrub.

If this forum was an old bbs forum I'm pretty sure I would've made this my signature.

Did they change any of the bowgun main mechanics? After hammer/glaive heavy bowgun was my jam back in 4U.
  • edited August 2016
    You can adept dodge through roars...This changes everything!
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • ThatGent said:

BULLSHIT YOU CAN

• edited August 2016
    ThatGent said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Fuck aerial. Adept hammer it is. I mean, the charge makes you immune to wind, and dodging through a roar?

Man, fuck.

EDIT: Also, Colossus roar is nothing compared to Brute Tigrex.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Excellent tastes in x-men aside, Tigrex is the best elemental dragon.
    Not many people would say Anger is an elemental force, but that guy owns it.
  • I am...pleased?...to discover that Cephadrome is still outrageous bullshit.
  • edited September 2016
    So how are your hunting careers going?

I'm at 5* village (not as much playtime as I would like so far) and just took on Rathalos. Is it just me, or did they up his bullshit factor this time around? Never really used to have much difficulty with him, but he was my first triple-cart in this generation.

Uragaan went down like a chump as always.

Adept Hammer is the shit, though I did switch to Aerial to deal with Rath bullshit.

Lance is pretty neat too. It took me a bit to get used to the change to the combo finisher (at least in Guild style), but I think I like it more. It feels just a hair slower than it's been in past games.
  • Hit 7* yesterday. Finding the Eldra Musket and haphazard +9 talisman locked me into Striker LBG. With the gun maxed out and ammo saver/artillery +2, I'm launching cannonballs all over the place.

My normal group just started attempting deviants and hyper monsters. Probably going to start Event quests soon. Let me know of you want to do some hub hunts sometime.
  • And uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh I accidentally deleted all my save data when I was consolidating SD cards.

Fortunately, I was maybe only 30 hours in, so I don't have a lot to re-tread.

This is also a good excuse to adopt the switchiest of axes.
  • Talking about switching, I am ready for potential Monster Hunter Switch.
  • So I just picked up Generations anything I should know before I start?
  • Play with friends. The early game is a boring, Boring wall. Doing online jumps you to the fun bits faster, but you gotta do village to unlock some cool stuff or to progress. Go to your house and talk to your cat immediately to download the free item packs, they'll fast track you into getting to the fun online.
    Most importantly, Play With Friends.
  • edited October 2016
    Item packs are off the hook.

If you have 4U save data, you can get yet more stuff in another item pack.

SnS is bad-ass in this iteration.

Arts and Styles are both cool and broken.

Swagaxe is amazing.

Sharpness +1 has been weakened - there's now a Sharpness +1 and a Sharpness+2, and each one does about half what the previous iterations of the skill did.

There are no Evade Distance gems, so Evade Extender is harder to get. Am currently farming low-rank Nargacuga to get its set so I can dem Swagaxe rolls.

There is no G-rank.
  • Sorry, I meant there are no Evade Distance +3 gems. Just the +1's.
  • Thanks for the advice I'll keep that stuff in mind.
  • Also, apparently, Monster Hunter XX is in the works - they're adding G-rank and a bunch of extra content to MHX.

It'll probably be about a year until we get it in the west.

I understand that your X/Gen savedata can be ported forward, so you won't have to redo the lower-level stuff.

I'm a little miffed that they're not doing it as paid DLC or some such, but G-rank in Gen sounds worthy.