This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Paranoia DM/GM...Lacktherof.

I listened to the silly tabletop episode the other day and I really am interested in paranoia. One problem.. neither I nor any of my geek friends have even heard of it and we have no idea where to find a GM.. and I don't wanna do it!! Is there like, tabletop NETWORKING?!

Comments

• There are plenty of forums and other places online where you can find games. Just got to any popular RPG site, blog or podcast with forums, and you'll find some hookups. I highly suggest first going to your local gaming store and asking around. If you ask the proprietor of the local gaming store, they can usually help you out. If you don't have a local gaming store, then you might have to look a little harder. Trust me, there are lots of gamers out there who aren't gaming because they can't find each other. Waiting for a local gaming convention is a good idea also.

And of course, if all else fails buy the book and DM it yourself. Pick someone to DM, and chip in to buy a copy of Paranoia XP on Amazon. The DM should read the whole book, and all the players should read short the red clearance portion of the book. From that you should be good to go. It isn't an incredibly difficult game to run, so just have fun with it. Having fun is really all that matters.
  • Brineshrimp,

Where are you?
  • Steve,

Good question. Dallas Ft. Worth Area, TX. After that bit of encouragement, DMing doesn't seem like such a letdown after all.
  • Isn't BGG CON held near you?
  • Hell if I know. I'll look it up-
    -----
    You're right. It's in Dallas. Never been to any cons... I need to get to one.. A-kon is coming up this summer.