This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Overwatch Politics Club - 6v6 Mega Event

124»

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Churba said:

Churba said:

And if you're wondering why everything I said was lost, it's because Discord is a pile of shit, and should be taken out the back and shot.

Wow. What happened? We could all hear you during the game.
    You could - but Victor couldn't. Just as Adam couldn't in Debate 2.
    Could I not hear you? I thought I could.
    Rym said:

If it works, we can all join a mega-chat even if we're not all in the same matches, and also as a global chat if we're in a 6v6!

Yes, I am very excited about this.

So, shall we do this once more but for election night as the results come in?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Lol when you ask someone to take out a turret in global chat because it's just that damn bad.
  • edited October 2016

Could I not hear you? I thought I could.

Watching the video, you missed a LOT of what I said, but not all. For example, right at the start, where you mention how her outfit is Hunger Games-y, I crack a joke about the odds definitely being in her favor, right after Scott asks you "Very what?", it dropped a bunch of jokes right before you lost connection and trump was rambling about amendments and after Scott talks about how he's keeping his voice modulated. About five to nine minutes in, you can see a number of occasions where my icon pops in the upper left, but there's no audio. First you can actually hear me is about ten minutes in, when we're on Ilios, and it misses a lot of comments later on.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited November 2016
    I asked this in the presidential election thread, but I'll ask here to keep that one less crowded.

Who would want in to play a game of 6v6 Overwatch while keeping an eye on the election? Here is the plan:
    • I would be streaming the game live to my Youtube channel rather than taping it (lol, "tape"), then uploading it later.
    • We'd be talking over the FRCF Discord because I don't feel like experimenting with blizzards chat for this.
    • Due to the bandwidth/content ID restrictions, my plan is to use the Politico Live election results map as a corner insert and bring it full screen when states are declared.
    • If some people want to watch live news streams while playing and report in when anchors announce states, that would be awesome and I will name you official "Poll Watcher Watcher Watchers".
    The major question (apart from who's in) is when we should start?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm in if I get out of Indiana today.
  • I'll see if I can make it.
  • I'm probably in, but there is literally no way I'm going to be able to play overwatch and check updates.
  • 6v6 because we know everyone will be distracted.
  • I'd love to be in on this but I'm on the road so don't have a PC. Looking forward to the video afterward though.
  • Let's do it on the PTR so we can all be playing Sombra.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2016
    Ooooohhh

-whispers- Rest In Peace, my Reinhardt main.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Rym said:

-whispers- Rest In Peace, my Reinhardt main.

RIP Zarya T_T
  • It's a good reason for me to stop playing Zarya/Hog for once, I guess.
  • Anyways, for start time, first poll closures are 7 PM Eastern in GA, SC, VA, KY, NH, VT. Start around then?
  • I don't have an issue with that. Though, if we start at 7:30, we'll have some states to start with and get a good number of the swing states in pretty short order.

Any issues with 7:30PM EST?
  • I don't have an issue with that. Though, if we start at 7:30, we'll have some states to start with and get a good number of the swing states in pretty short order.

Any issues with 7:30PM EST?

Sounds good to me.
  • Watch it live!
  • On the PTR??
  • Doin' GeekNights first. Just now.
  • On the PTR??

We'll try, although I don't exactly trust people to have the PTR downloaded.
  • Its fine doing it on the normal server. I dont care.
  • The discord code is
    VmGbXF6
  • Just finishing up GeekNights and dinner!
  • Victor, SWAP TEAM. This is how you move people around. T_T
  • lol, I learned that eventually.