This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FRCF Secret Santa 2016!

2»

Comments

• edited December 2016
    I think I just got my secret santa gift. It was addressed to Victor Frost, which was the tip off, but no note, card, nothing, and was sent direct from Amazon, soooo... *shrug*

Totally a great gift though, if it is my gift!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Thanks for Starwhal SuperPichu
  • Yep, that's it! Sorry I don't think they gave me any gift options or else I would have had a note at least. I'm glad you like it!
  • edited December 2016
    Yeah, it's great. Actually, my dad was a little jealous because he actually has it on his amazon wishlist! It's exciting because it does a shit ton of frequencies. For now I'll just stick to FRS, but I think I'll get my GPRS license for it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Yeah, it's great. Actually, my dad was a little jealous because he actually has it on his amazon wishlist! It's exciting because it does a shit ton of frequencies. For now I'll just stick to FRS, but I think I'll get my GPRS license for it.

Haha that's great, I didn't realize your dad was into that sort of thing too. Now be careful on FRS, I think you can turn the power down to FRS legal levels but FRS radios aren't really supposed to have removable antennas so don't go nuts just in case. Not sure about GMRS, but it seems everyone with a modern walkie talkie from Walmart is a pirate these days without even knowing it. I'd definitely look into getting your HAM licence for it though. It's more work than a GMRS license but less money, more explicitly legal on those frequencies and I think you deserve to have the extra radio cred. I have a similar one, basically the same just a different housing, and I think its fun just to scan around, whether or not I'm allowed to transmit. One time I picked up the Drive Thru from the Mcdonalds down the road!

• Santee, your gift should arrive on Dec. 29.
  • My Santee should get their gift today, I hope its an ok gift, I didn't have a lot to go on. (Thank goodness for easy return polices lol)

And a very belated thank you to my Santa who got me this awesome Pokeball serving bowl set (Pokebowls if you will), and a really awesome color change Mario Coffee Mug, which has become my daily coffee mug!
  • Thanks Greg!
  • Gifts received. Placing them under the tree for Christmas, when they can get their deserved respect.
  • Santa gift opened. These are perfect for my level of tomfoolery. Thanks Santa.

• @Apreche got me an awesome copy of Doom (2016).
    Best Secret Santa gift yet.
    Thanks Scott.