This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PSP as a ROM player

edited October 2006 in Video Games
Hello everyone, I recently picked up a PSP and some games for $200 and the only real reason I purchased it was because I wanted a decent ROM/MP3/video clip player. Turns out that it is severely complicated to bypass the firmware, the version I have is 2.71 and I guess what I am really wondering is what exactly do I have to do to get emulators and ROMs on it, I am somewhat a dullard on the subject of homebrew and bypassing firmwares so if anyone can help me or point me in the direction of what to do it would help greatly.

Thanks for the help in advance,
-LT

Comments

• Google knows.
  • I would have answered, but I know nothing about the PSP rom scene. ;^) Granted, I'd be very inclined to pick one up if I could get it for less than $60 or so and get ahold of all the emulators I'd want.
  • Remember, the DS does ROMs pretty well now. It can't do every system ever, but it can do DS, GBA, NES and sometimes SNES. You just have to buy one of those homebrew thingies.
  • Yeah. Hence, I'd only pay $60 or so for a PSP ^_~
  • Hmmm. The DS-Xtreme is $125 and has about 512MB of space, and I'm sort of willing to buy it. If a PSP with 512MB of storage could play ROMS as well as or better than the DS with DS-Xtreme, then I guess I might be willing to pay $100. The $25 off is obviously to make up for the inconvenience of having to have an extra device and the "sort of". At $60 I would buy one without question.