This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What old school game would you love to see remade?

edited October 2006 in Video Games
I will throw in three of my wishes.

"Kid Icarus" in the style of God of War. "The Legend Of Zelda" using the 3D Zelda engine that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask used, I don't see Nintendo doing this but maybe a cool home brew N64 project in a couple of years. Finally, "Master Blaster" could be Nintendo's answer to Halo.

Comments

• I assume you mean the best possible remake of a classic game because the world does not need another Bomberman, Act Zero.

I would really like another Zork done in the style of a game like Indigo Prophecy.
  • LiquidTim, I believe you meant "Blaster Master".

I'd also like to see remakes of Crystalis for the NES and X-COM: UFO Defense (X-COM: Enemy Unknown for those outside the USA).
  • edited October 2006
    I think a remake of the old Genesis game Streets of Rage, if done right, would be pretty fun. I've always been a big fan of games with senseless violence.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Speaking of Sega, did anyone really understand Golden Axe? I never played it long enough to figure out if there was an actual story, or if it was just an acid trip.
  • I want to see Megaman done right. No more of this X crap. I want to see Megaman done by they Devil May Cry team. Also for the love of Gwad bring back Dr. Wiley.
  • Kid Icarus, Faxanadu. There are some other obvious ones. It'll come to me.

Pitfall.
  • I want to see Megaman done right. No more of this X crap. I want to see Megaman done by they Devil May Cry team. Also for the love of Gwad bring back Dr. Wiley.
    X...crap?! Sir, you have been disowned.
  • edited October 2006
    I know its not as old as others, but a remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with a multiplayer function would be amazing.
  • I know its not as old as others but a remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with a multiplayer function would be amazing.
    Rym loves you.
  • RymRym
    edited October 2006
    TIE Fighter.
    X-Com: UFO Defense/Enemy Unknown/Mission UFO/whatever
    Quest for Glory 1-4
    Metal Marines
    Bionic Commando ^_~
    Populous
    Actraiser
  • My 3 have already been hit...

Zork, Populous and X-Com
  • Legacy of the Wizard!

X...crap?! Sir, you have been disowned.
    Let me clarify. X 1 and 2 are very much awesome. They are excellent games. X3 is not bad. X4 is starting the downhill trend. X5 and X6 are loads of meh. X7 and X8 are insults.
  • Soo... it's not a remake, but I want a Freelancer 2!! :'(
  • River City Ransom
    /win
  • Astyanax, in the style of Zelda: OoT! No?

But really, I can't help but wonder what it would be like if Megaman (either one of the original or X series games) was given the Metroid Prime FPS treatment and came out at a similar quality level.
  • Yes! River City Ransom would be incredibly awesome. BARF

What would it play like? Dare I say, Devil May Cry style?
  • I know its not as old as others but a remake of X-Wing vs Tie Fighter with a multiplayer function would be amazing.
    Rym loves you.
    This post pushed me to pop the CD in and I've been fragging X-Wings for the past three hours - with an actual JOYSTICK! Haven't used that sucker in more than a year.
  • This post pushed me to pop the CD in and I've been fragging X-Wings for the past three hours - with an actual JOYSTICK! Haven't used that sucker in more than a year.
    Bastid.
  • I just finished playing through Megaman 1 and 2 tonight. Curse you all. Now I won't be able to stop until I finish the horror that is 6.
  • Actually, Ragnarok/Valhalla might make a really good game. I mean, it IS a good game but it's obscure and the graphics are a pile of crap and it is the hardest god damn game I have played in my entire life. Good time waster though. Norse mythology = awesomes! Don't know how you'd remake it though... Ooooh, on the DS with better graphics, that'd be cool.
  • Mario Paint! Are there any announcements for that on the DS or Wii..?
  • Mario Paint! Are there any announcements for that on the DS or Wii..?
    Mario Paint remade would be awesome! I loved that... game? ...program?

I'd like to see the original Metal Gears remade. They make a good PSP game probably.
  • I can't believe no one has written Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger yet.
    The Shame !
    those were such as great RPGs
  • I thought we were going for NES at the latest.
  • Yeah, FFVI and Chrono Trigger are not old school.
  • Yeah, FFVI and Chrono Trigger are not old school.
    =p
  • haha wall street kid would be an awesome update haha
  • Speaking of Sega, did anyone really understand Golden Axe? I never played it long enough to figure out if there was an actual story, or if it was just an acid trip.
    I was going to say Golden Axe! It's my favorite Sega game, hands down.