This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guitar Hero II

edited October 2006 in Everything Else
I'm a little torn between buying a PS2 or a Wii now...

The song list on the new Guitar Hero looks amazing and the two player guitar-and-bass mode looks fantastic. The PS2 would also cost a whole £70 less than the Wii. On the other hand, Super Smash Bros. Brawl looks like it's gonna kick so much ass and the line up for the Wii looks extremely promising.

Decisions, decisions...

Comments

• I would buy a Wii now and PS2 later. If you get the Wii now, you'll be able to have super crazy fun parties. If Mario Kart DS is any indication, the online play for Smash Bros. Brawl won't last long. If you get the Wii a year or two from now, there might not be anyone to play against online. The PS2 you can buy at any time. In fact, within a year, the price should drop considerably. The Wii price isn't going anywhere.
  • What sold me on Guitar Hero 2 was the inclusion of Dethklok, and of course Trogdor.

I was going to get it anyway, but I'm just super excited about it.
  • What sold me on Guitar Hero 2 was the inclusion of Dethklok, and of course Trogdor.

I was going to get it anyway, but I'm just super excited about it.
    Trogdor!!! I wonder if it's gonna be the metal version they had on the homestarrunner.com website
  • Freebird!
  • Freebird!
    That actually made me kick back in my chair and laugh out loud :-D
  • I have always been a Nintendo guy but I'm going to hold off on the Wii for now. I'm apprehensive about the Wii-motes. I think I am going to pick up a PS2, basically for the sole purpose of playing the Guitar Hero games!
  • Man, if the Wii-mote becomes more innovative (as Nintendo will surely do, they always spruce things up mid-gen) it'd be cool if they made a musically oriented game (that's not that silly little composing game XD)