This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geek-Men, Return to your roots

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
Now, I was all inspired immediately after I thought of this, but then I remembered it would be discriminatory to say that there were only men here.. so I'll say now, that this post applies to men only.

Think of your stereotypical geek: pale, skinny and weak; Not exactly reeking of testosterone. I had someone ask me about the things men traditionally enjoy and what I thought of them. What went through my head was typical: video games was very likely one of the first things I thought of. Then I moved on to things like cars, sports, power tools, working out... things like that.

Before you label this post as sexist, I'll point out that I'm not pointing out that men are better than women, but that geekery can sometimes make the line a little bit blurry when it comes to traditional interests. I applaud Scrym for their massive geek credentials which go alongside their passion for hockey, one of the manliest sports of all.

Therefore, as a fellow male geek, I implore you all to go out and lift somthing heavy..and afterwards, brag about it.

Comments

• You can't lift 10 anythings.
  • edited November 2006
    Artboy: You can't run 10 cliches into the ground.

Brineshrimp: Fine, you're on. I can bench 250, shoulder press 180, and leg press damn near a half ton. Top that.

You can be a geek about absolutely anything; indeed, I know many sports geeks, and not just of the spectator variety. The real truth to being a man is doing whatever the fuck you want to and not giving a shit one way or another if someone else doesn't like it.

Also, being a man means you can pee in a cup 5 feet away. That's endlessly entertaining right there.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on

• Also, being a man means you can pee in a cup 5 feet away. That's endlessly entertaining right there.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Good show!
  • I can bench 22.3 pounds. Suck on that!
  • In the course of the last month, I grew a bicep. I await with wonder what other strange new muscles may appear as I continue to lift things and then set them down!
  • I await with wonder what other strange new muscles may appear as I continue to lift things and then set them down!
    Do we REALLY want to know?
  • stereotypical geek: pale, skinny and weak; Not exactly reeking of testosterone.
    That's me
    Lift something heavy? I can lift my laptop and that's good enough for me.
  • I can lift 10 Artboys.

I am WOman hear me ROAR!
  • I can lift 10 Artboys.
    You mean I actually get to do this one?

You can't lift 10 hundred Artboys!
  • I like hockey! I watch professional wrasslin'! Meat is my favorite food! Sometimes, I punch people!

Can I be manly, too?
  • Can I be manly, too?
    Of course! I also note that you listen to Man Man. ^_~
  • I like hockey! I watch professional wrasslin'! Meat is my favorite food! Sometimes, I punch people!

Can I be manly, too?
    No, Watching professional wrestling is the opposite of manly. It's almost naked guys grabbing each other.
  • Watching professional wrestling is the opposite of manly.
    I disagree. It's ultra-manly, like two Viking men having raw Viking sex. There's nothing gay about that.
  • I disagree. It's ultra-manly, like two Viking men having raw Viking sex. There's nothing gay about that.
    Agreed!
  • I disagree. It's ultra-manly, like two Viking men having raw Viking sex. There's nothing gay about that.
    Doesn't this response belong in the why people think Rym and Scott are Gay thread?
  • There's nothing gay about that.
    Except for the anal penetration.
  • edited November 2006
    Jason's Special Rule #457
    Wrestling manliness relativity as an inverse proportion to population
    If you watch wrestling by yourself in the dark, then it is gay.
    If you watch with a group of friends and hoot and hollar and talk smack, then it is utra-hetero.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Man + Man = twice as manly

Math wins.
  • Man + Man + Sweat + Thongs != twice as manly

Math wins?
  • You see, that's why I gave up on math a long time ago. It gets in the way of manly things (except bragging about how many manly things you do or how much of what manly things). That's why bankrobbers never ask for exact amounts. Why not ask for all the moneys?
  • You are assuming sweat and thongs are given. Those are variables.
  • edited November 2006
    There's nothing gay about that.
    Except for the anal penetration.
    Yeah, but it's more conquest-oriented rather than emotional. Two Vikings would have sex with each other with the exact same level of emotion they have while spearing a monk to the doors of his monastery. It's totally manly as long as you don't spoon afterwards.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I should have known.. I leave this thread alone for one day and I come back to anal penetration. GREAT JOB!!! ^_^'

Wrestling is manly. You break stuff... like ultra thin tables and chairs :D

Math wins.
    ... it's actually (Man)(Man), there is no addition symbol in there. It's Man^2.

Math wins.
    (Man)(Man)= nothing for they can not reproduce as far as I know yet.

Math wins.
    (Man)(Man)= nothing for they can not reproduce as far as I know yet.
    They can produce... all it is is just a big mess though.