This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Changing mp3 hosting

RymRym
edited February 2006 in GeekNights
In the very near future, we're offloading our audio file hosting to Libsyn. This change will be mostly transparent, aside from some urls changing behind the scenes. We're not at capacity just yet with the current hosting, but if new listeners keep coming at the rate they are, we'd be boned in short order on badwidth charges.

Consider this a testament to how rapidly we're growing. ^_^ Considering that we don't advertise at all, the only explanation is good word of mouth, which can only be coming from all of you.

Comments

• How much are you growing? I know you said you had about 50 listeners or so, but this was a while ago.
  • It's quite a bit more than that now ^_~

I only have access to the feedburner information: Scott's the one who can track downloads from the page itself. We have over 80 subscribers on the feed, and its growing at a steady, constant pace. Scott can tell you how many people download an average episode.

The real hit is going to come when we appear at Otakon, Tora-con, etc...
  • RymRym
    edited March 2006
    Well, we finally made the switch. All of our future episodes will be hosted at libsyn. It should be transparent to you, but let us know IMMEDIATELY if you have a problem downloading.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • i don't know if this is connected with the changing of hosts, but around the same time, older episodes of Geeknights appeared in itunes ready for dl.
  • No, that's connected to the fact that I set the feed to have more than 10 episodes listed. That change happened a week or so ago when Scojo accidentally downloaded all the old episodes.