This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guitar Hero 2, Awsome

edited November 2006 in Video Games
So Guitar Hero 2 is awsome.... We have been playing it for a while now. There are some really great songs.
Um yeah, I've never started a discussion, so bear with me.

Comments

• Right...

You do know that it hasn't been released yet, or did you play a demo/buy it at Wal-mart?

Otherwise, welcome to the forums!
  • The LAN Bar in Atlanta, GA is having a release party tonite. Anyone in the metro area check out Battle & Brew
  • The LAN Bar in Atlanta, GA is having a release party tonite. Anyone in the metro area check outBattle & Brew
    Oh wow, I didn't even know that existed! Thanks.
  • edited November 2006
    We bought it at Wal-Mart last night on the 7th....playing it a while for like the rest of the night so yah that was our night.

---
    I'm not even going to put forth the effort to correct that. First, you need a lesson on the use of ellipses. Next you need to learn how to spell the word "yeah". Most of all, you need to learn how to form what I like to call a sentence. There is no single grammatical term I can come up with to describe the abomination that is the second half of your post.

-Mr. Period
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited November 2006
    We bought it atWal-Martlast night on the 7th....playing it a while for like the rest of the night so yah that was our night.

I'm not even going to put forth the effort to correct that. First, you need a lesson on the use ofellipses. Next you need to learn how to spell the word "yeah". Most of all, you need to learn how to form what I like to call a sentence. There is no single grammatical term I can come up with to describe the abomination that is the second half of your post.

-Mr. Period
    That's our good ol' Mr. Period...
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Thanks, Mr. Period. XD

I got to play the demo of Guitar Hero 2 at the Best Buy yesterday. Right behind me was this tall guy with his really young kid who was just geeking out over the song selection. After I finished You Really Got Me, he set up his son (who had to have been five years old) with the controller and said to me, "If I can convince my wife that he likes it, I can buy it for myself..."

Haha, that's what I like to see.
  • We played a ton last night at Battle & Brew. Best feature: being able to select different levels of difficulty while playing co-op. My buddy Manny who rocks the party that rocks the party could play licks on Expert while I muddled away at Medium.

Oh, and TROGDOR!
  • I managed to finish off medium in career mode yesterday. The game is great, but I can't help but feel overall the original one had better song selection, although this one has better individual songs so I guess it evens out.

Freebird hurts my hand.
  • Yes, I agree that the first game does have a better song selection. However the options such as choosing bass, lead, or rhythm guitar is very sweet.

Happy...
  • edited November 2006
    I just got into the craze of Guitar Hero pretty much right before GH2 came out. I enjoy both games equally.. so I win! :-D

(Congrats on your first non-mister-period attacked post :D[that I've seen])
    Post edited by Brineshrimp on
  • edited November 2006
    I just started playing GH 2 and I must say that this game is really awesome.
    My brother that hates ps2 told me that basically this is the best game I have ever bought fro the PS2.
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • The only reason to play GH2: Dethklok

/Metalocalypse ftw
  • Um, just saying. You spelled awesome wrong.
  • I wish they had used the a longer version of the Metalocalypse theme song, or maybe the birthday song. Something with more words.
  • I'm happy that Matthew Sweet's "Girlfriend" is on there. It was a part of my personal wish list, although I'd buy the game just so I could play bass on a Primus song. Dethklok and Trogdor are just icing on the cake.
  • I personally prefer playing "Frets on Fire", a PC version of the game that is absolutely free.
  • That's the one that is compatible with the guitar controllers, correct?
  • The only reason to play GH2:Dethklok

/Metalocalypse ftw
    Hell yeah!

Metalocalypse is awesome.
  • That's the one that is compatible with the guitar controllers, correct?
    Yes, you are right. Of course, it requires a PS2 to USB adapter.
  • edited December 2006
    Where do you find the PC version?
    Post edited by redhotrocker382 on
  • And to think I gave up a chance to help Beta test the game. I'll tell my friend you all like it.
  • This weekend I finally got a chance to play GH1 and GH2 for the first time. Truly this game is ftw. I see a PS2 in the near future.
  • Ah, Scott, you'll be happy. I love my little PS2. *Sighs and thinks longingly of some Jak and Daxter action...*
  • Plus Metal Gear Solid!
  • Somehow I don't think we will be playing any Jaks or Daxters. Also, if there were any Metal Gears going on, they would almost certainty be virtual in their console or cubed in their game.
  • There are maybe 7 or 8 PS2 games I actually want to play. Maybe.
  • So what games ARE you looking at getting (besides guitar hero)?
  • Kingdom Hearts
    Katamari
    Okami

Um...
  • Gradius V?