This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

LCD Tv. vs. Plasma Tv.

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
Can someone please tell me which one is better and why? .
Iam illiterate in this new technology :(

Comments

• edited November 2006
    The main difference between LCD TVs and Plasma TVs is how the picture gets on screen. LCD stands for Liquid Crystal Display, meaning there are a bunch of little crystals inside the screen and they light up at certain times to create the picture. Plasma TVs, on the other hand, have sort of a gas inside the screen that gets electricity sent through it to make the image.

This wikipedia article weighs the pros and cons between the two. Plasma technically have better picture, but LCDs are too close for it to matter. Plus, the reason one would go for an LCD is because Plasma TVs are very fragile and large. And don't forget that LCD screens are getting better by the day, and can still give you close-to-plasma picture at a much lower price.
    Google knows.
    This is the first time on these forums I could actually give somebody a good answer about something technical. I actually know a lot about this topic XD So, Thanks ^_^
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Either way.. if you're getting a new monitor/TV, just be glad you're not stuck with a CRT anymore :-)
  • Don't forget about DLPs. Giant, cheap projection TV goodness.
  • Assuming he has the space to make it worthwhile