This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Thanksgiving Stories

edited November 2006 in Everything Else
Now that the thanksgiving holiday is officially over, how about sharing interesting, embarrassing and/or funny things that happened this year or in past years?

Comments

• I ate a bunch of turkey and stuffing. Then I fell asleep.

^_~
  • I ate a lot, watched hockeys and footballs, slept and played Wii.
  • Played some Settlers, read, saw The Departed and otherwise did nothing else productive. Holidays are bad news when you're in school and have teh homeworks.
  • I went down to the local chinatown and got me some roast duck and a bunch of side dishes, thanksgiving sucks when you have finals the very next week. First one is tomorrow whee
  • I refrained from hurling a turkey leg at my neo-nazi white power uncle. He was very well behaved, actually.

Ate a lot, slept, etc. I baked a bread over the weekend. It was mighty.
  • edited November 2006
    With some people I work with, we all got together, ate alot of food, and played board games while drinking alot of beer.
    Post edited by Rob From the Army on
  • I ate, helped my younger brothers and my cousin set up a "haunted house" in the basement, played some mean Stepmania, and played piano for my grandmother. Pretty typical.
  • I spent 8 hours on Route 90 heading north through NY, then ended up watching Big Trouble In Little China upon arrival at the 'rents house.
  • I starved because turkey is one of the only foods I absolutely abhor.
  • My DS lite got kidnapped by a bunch of younger cousins with smudgey fingers.

And they are all better at Super Mario than me! Grah.

Plus, my family had our obligatory everybody-get-together-and-play-cutthroat-card-games weekend. That's always fun.
  • I went to Maryland and spent time with my future in-laws.

Take that as you will.
  • I played FF3 for the DS...and carved up the bird! Not necessarily in that order.
  • Ate some bird and then worked, and got payed time and a half.
  • edited November 2006
    Posted By: kmacintyre44</cite>I went to Maryland and spent time with my future in-laws.

Take that as you will.

I'm the only one allowed to insult my parents.

That being said, total disaster was only very narrowly averted.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I merely said "Take that as you will." Did I insult? Did I? No.

I deserve a cookie... delicious cookie..
  • I ate some ham, played some FFXII, and played my wii for a couple of days(got it day after thanksgiving)
  • Got licked by my dog, played Mario Strikers, busted my DS's L Button.
  • ...busted my DS's L Button.
    Whoa. That sounds hardcore.
  • I'm a little late to the party, but I had this idea last weekend and didn't have the shops until now.
  • I remember talking about doing burnouts on mars.
  • It was funny reading this thread thinking it was all new, and then getting to Kate talking about her Future In-laws and realizing it was from 2006...

My Thanksgiving was spend half sick, half playing HammerWatch and Fistpuncher with my cousin in law. It was pretty fun except he doesn't seem to understand co-op means works together.
  • My power went out as I was cooking the bird. It happened to half of my town. There was much rage, but I got lucky. Had to dash to my parents to finish the turkey then go to my brother's to bake the yeast rolls in his oven.

If anything, we got lucky we didn't have at my house because it's depressing to eat in a place without power.
  • Nukerjsr said:

My power went out as I was cooking the bird. It happened to half of my town. There was much rage, but I got lucky. Had to dash to my parents to finish the turkey then go to my brother's to bake the yeast rolls in his oven.

If anything, we got lucky we didn't have at my house because it's depressing to eat in a place without power.

Gas oven only.
  • Thanksgiving loses a lot of its charm when you have pork and poultry allergies.
  • I did not eat any turkey this Thanksgiving. Nothing but delicious honey ham. I took half the ham home with me and earlier this week bought a small ham to cook.

Call me Ponyo.

(I'm sorry, Pete.)
  • SPATCHCOCK!
  • Thanksgiving loses a lot of its charm when you have pork and poultry allergies.

Steaks then?
  • Or roast lamb or beef prime rib. People get really hung up on the turkey thing. When it was just going to be 5 of use for thanks giving one year I tried to talk my dad into just cooking a chicken instead. Total no go, it had to be a turkey, and a big one at that. So weird.
  • A chicken isn't big enough to feed five people.